Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMWTraining

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Airhead

BMWTraining

Post by Airhead » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:34 pm

I recently participated in a two day course called Perfection Training at Zandvoort Racetrack in the Netherlands. The evening before the first day there was an orientation. On the first day we warmed up with get-acquainted exercises in the Z4M and then were introduced to some automotive voodoo, also known as IT: a 330 laden with electronics, that drives itself around the track. All you do is sit behind the wheel and the car does the rest. By this method you will learn the 'ideal line' of the track. Afterward, I was reminded just how bad my memory is.

The second day was mostly laps, three or four cars in a group led by one of the instructors, Walter, Claudia, or Bernd. They were just super, patient, always in good humor, and skilled, being able to drive, shift gears, talk on a walkie-talkie to us, critique our driving by watching us in the rear-view, point out places of interest, chat with a passenger, change CDs, and drink coffee.

For we track neophytes, it was not only enjoyable but highly instructive. Also nice to drive someone else's car. The Ms are (ab)used for about 10k kms and then sold.

The cost includes hotel, meals, the M, and insurance. Cheaper than losing your license.

The lineup:

The straight:

Follow the leader:

http://www1.bmw.de/bmw-live/fahrertraining :worshipbmw:

Color

Post by Color » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:43 pm

Thanks for sharing the info! Looks like a great experience! :thumbsup:

It's on my todo list!

hemingway

Post by hemingway » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:22 pm

very interested but I can't get the link to work

sounds just what I'm looking for - my new 3.0si is awesome, but never having driven anything faster than an MGF before (very, very frightening in the wet) I am too scared to turn traction control off.

thanks for the post
Randal

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:00 pm

Looks like fun... :driving:
Thanks for posting... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

Airhead

Post by Airhead » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:51 pm

hemingway,

Hmmmm...doesn't surprise me given my level of IT knowledge.

Try this: http://www1.bmw.de/bmw-live/fahrertraining/en