My Z4C Journey

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
User avatar
idej_z4
Member
Member
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:40 pm

My Z4C Journey

Post by idej_z4 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:45 pm

srhutch wrote:
idej_jedi wrote:Finally got my hands on some B Pillar Trims thanks to the forum member Rassi. They've come all the way from Belgium.

Unfortunately they're too light for my Z (which I knew before I bought them) so I'm going to try and dye them...wish me luck!

Here is the before shot:

IMG_2994.JPG
Are you going to use spray fabric dye?
Here is what I've ordered. Shooting in the dark with this, but its a pour on rather than a wash dye so hopefully should be okay. Just depends how dark the dark grey is!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282318011756? ... EBIDX%3AIT
BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si (Instagram: @idej_z4)

Image

broomst
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:43 pm
Location: Wiltshire

My Z4C Journey

Post by broomst » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:31 pm

Really impressive set of mods. Can I ask what the three types of LED lights used in the interior where? And where you got them from? Thanks
'07 Z4C 3.0si Sport, Stratus Grey, Champagne Nappa, Piano Black, Heated Seats, Sat Nav, ZNP Gear Knob, Stubby

User avatar
idej_z4
Member
Member
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:40 pm

My Z4C Journey

Post by idej_z4 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:22 pm

broomst wrote:Really impressive set of mods. Can I ask what the three types of LED lights used in the interior where? And where you got them from? Thanks
So..it took three different types of bulbs to do everything. Here is what I ordered and where I used them...hope it helps!

Boot only bulbs: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252291353195? ... EBIDX%3AIT

These bulbs do the drivers and passengers well. I also use them for my rear number plate, but I've had issues with them never turning off fully so I've ordered some full light bracket replacements instead. They work fine for the interior: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201667474740? ... EBIDX%3AIT

These ones I used for the interior roof lights. Its a bit of a faff to do them, but if you put them in reverse they just about fit (you'll get what I mean when you do it). I'd get the 6 LED rather than the 10 as they are the ones that fit (just): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301907694390? ... EBIDX%3AIT
BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si (Instagram: @idej_z4)

Image

User avatar
idej_z4
Member
Member
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:40 pm

My Z4C Journey

Post by idej_z4 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:30 pm

bmwaddict wrote:I like the mods you've done, car is looking good!
Can I ask the csl reps spec? Offset etc
I'm not expert in this area...here are the alloys I've got, they are 19 x 8.0 on the front and 19 x 9.0 on the rear. Tyre sizes are as follows.

Front - 235/35..although you should get 225 if you don't want arch rub - found this out from a forum member after I'd bought them.

Rear - 255/30 - they're a bit to low on the profile. Should have gone 40 all round.

Hope that helps!
BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si (Instagram: @idej_z4)

Image

User avatar
idej_z4
Member
Member
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:40 pm

My Z4C Journey

Post by idej_z4 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Had some trouble with the rear number plate LED bulbs I bought...they were alway on slightly even when the engine was off and so died really quickly. I've replaced them with the full units for £20 from eBay. They look loads better than just the bulb swap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161666758840? ... EBIDX%3AIT
IMG_2997.JPG
IMG_2997.JPG (48.19 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si (Instagram: @idej_z4)

Image

broomst
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:43 pm
Location: Wiltshire

My Z4C Journey

Post by broomst » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:17 am

Thanks idej_jedi just placed my orders ...
'07 Z4C 3.0si Sport, Stratus Grey, Champagne Nappa, Piano Black, Heated Seats, Sat Nav, ZNP Gear Knob, Stubby

User avatar
bmwaddict
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:55 pm
Location: West Herts/East Bucks

My Z4C Journey

Post by bmwaddict » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:32 pm

idej_jedi wrote:Had some trouble with the rear number plate LED bulbs I bought...they were alway on slightly even when the engine was off and so died really quickly. I've replaced them with the full units for £20 from eBay. They look loads better than just the bulb swap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161666758840? ... EBIDX%3AIT

IMG_2997.JPG
I had the same problem, trying to make the very dull number plate lights brighter, I ended up getting the same led units you have.
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC, Champagne Nappa leather- black grilles- stubby- H&R springs-
Eventuri- OEM Strut Brace- H&S exhaust- Breyton Inspiration 9/10x19

M1ghty_m0use
Member
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:15 pm
Location: yorkshire

My Z4C Journey

Post by M1ghty_m0use » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:45 pm

I then found some polished chrome radio buttons that allowed me to get rid of the scuffed rubber ones - I'm a stickler for not having a single mark on my car so the radio buttons really annoyed me:

Image


Looking good, could you Please tell Me Where these are From I've been looking for a set of chrome buttons for a while

User avatar
idej_z4
Member
Member
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:40 pm

My Z4C Journey

Post by idej_z4 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:43 pm

broomst wrote:Thanks idej_jedi just placed my orders ...
Glad to help! :D
BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si (Instagram: @idej_z4)

Image

User avatar
idej_z4
Member
Member
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:40 pm

My Z4C Journey

Post by idej_z4 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:45 pm

M1ghty_m0use wrote:I then found some polished chrome radio buttons that allowed me to get rid of the scuffed rubber ones - I'm a stickler for not having a single mark on my car so the radio buttons really annoyed me:

Image


Looking good, could you Please tell Me Where these are From I've been looking for a set of chrome buttons for a while
Here you go. Cheaper than the plastic ones!

http://www.nm-motorsport.com/bmw-chrome ... 2x21297281
BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si (Instagram: @idej_z4)

Image

M1ghty_m0use
Member
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:15 pm
Location: yorkshire

My Z4C Journey

Post by M1ghty_m0use » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:59 pm

idej_jedi wrote:
M1ghty_m0use wrote:I then found some polished chrome radio buttons that allowed me to get rid of the scuffed rubber ones - I'm a stickler for not having a single mark on my car so the radio buttons really annoyed me:

Image


Looking good, could you Please tell Me Where these are From I've been looking for a set of chrome buttons for a while
Here you go. Cheaper than the plastic ones!

http://www.nm-motorsport.com/bmw-chrome ... 2x21297281
Bloody marvellous thanks, keep up the good work

User avatar
idej_z4
Member
Member
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:40 pm

My Z4C Journey

Post by idej_z4 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Front bumper project is a go! All the parts have now arrived.

I know that the best looking bumper is an //M bumper...but my car isn't an //M and for that reason I feel like its cheating putting an //M bumper on. All personal choice of course.

So, what I'm doing is revamping my Si bumper. I've got some covers to replace the condensation happy fog lights (which I'll get sprayed). Mesh grilles for both the bottom section and the kidney grilles...now these clip over the existing plastics but I'm aiming to remove the slats from the kidney grilles with some cutting and sanding, then take out the bottom grille completely and replace it with the new mesh grille that matches the kidney grilles. Finally I've got a cheap rubber splitter to finish it off at the bottom. I figure if it comes off it'll be cheap to replace.

Oh, and I'm going to get the side reflectors filled in and sprayed as part of a whole bumper respray.

The only thing I can't decide is whether or not I should spray the bottom lip of the bumper black or leave it as it is????

Here are the bits:
IMG_3063.JPG
IMG_3063.JPG (61.19 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si (Instagram: @idej_z4)

Image

User avatar
kis
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2276
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:33 pm
Location: Surrey / West Sussex Boarder

My Z4C Journey

Post by kis » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:20 am

Ahh the front bumper project reveal! I'd go for an aero front bumper, but mines a pre so makes sense! Adds that M stance whilst not being a M and 'cheating'. Was potentially going for a M but it all fell through. I figured it was for the best as I like (to use when necessary) the fog lights. Are you doing the arch reflector delete you spoke about on another post? Look forward to more pics/updates! :thumbsup:
Rare '15 Plate E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 320ci, E46 M3, E90 (x2)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71
7 Series - E32

Online
MACK
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2649
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:38 am
Location: Manchester

My Z4C Journey

Post by MACK » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:26 pm

idej_jedi wrote:
broomst wrote:Really impressive set of mods. Can I ask what the three types of LED lights used in the interior where? And where you got them from? Thanks
So..it took three different types of bulbs to do everything. Here is what I ordered and where I used them...hope it helps!

Boot only bulbs: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252291353195? ... EBIDX%3AIT

These bulbs do the drivers and passengers well. I also use them for my rear number plate, but I've had issues with them never turning off fully so I've ordered some full light bracket replacements instead. They work fine for the interior: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201667474740? ... EBIDX%3AIT

These ones I used for the interior roof lights. Its a bit of a faff to do them, but if you put them in reverse they just about fit (you'll get what I mean when you do it). I'd get the 6 LED rather than the 10 as they are the ones that fit (just): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301907694390? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Thanks for this, ordered the bulbs and have fitted them to the footwells and boot so far. The interior light ones haven't shown up yet so cant comment on them. But the footwells/boot are a big improvement on the aged yellow light of the originals.

Just a word of caution for E85 owners. Don't order the bulbs for the boot, they don't fit our cars as the E85 has a different boot light to the E86. In fact our single boot light is the same light unit as the footwell, so you need an extra one of the footwell bulbs. Fortunately I ordered a pack of 4!
Silver 05 3.0i SE

Mods- F/L Xenons 4 Spot Clear Rear Lights Clear 3rd Brake Light M Sport E/H Seats & MFSW Eibachs & B4s 107s & 15/20mm Spacers 3M Carbon Wrap Dash Trims Parrot MKi9100 screen in ashtray Cruise MM Tips
ZHP Stubby

User avatar
idej_z4
Member
Member
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:40 pm

My Z4C Journey

Post by idej_z4 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:44 pm

So these arrived today...
IMG_3070.JPG
IMG_3070.JPG (53.86 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
When I got my Z I quickly realised that the seatbelt rubbed my neck on longer trips so I bought some cheap carbon fibre effect BMW pads (as shown below).
IMG_3065.JPG
IMG_3065.JPG (38.01 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
These were okay but didn't that long so I did some long searching and found these bad boys on eBay. I couldn't find the colours that I wanted so contacted the seller and they said they could do any colour combo I wanted right down to the stitching. Very happy with the fit, quality and comfort. Plus they look proper cool. :)
IMG_3072.JPG
IMG_3072.JPG (32.34 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si (Instagram: @idej_z4)

Image

Post Reply