Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Trip to Italy w/pics

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Z4NL

Trip to Italy w/pics

Post by Z4NL » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:13 pm

Here -as promised- some pics of our trip last week from Holland via Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switserland and Italy (and back).

Rain rain rain. We had about 9 hours of it while driving.

Stop in the area of Strassbourg, France.

Arrival at our first and luxurious hotel in Viareggio, Italy. The balcony with the flags was actually OUR balcony for a few days. The Mrs pretended to be the queen of Italy, waving to pedestrians from the balcony.

..with private parking.

Looking good at night.

We drove up the mountainous area of Viareggio and ended up at this lovely sight.

What goes up must go down, so we had to drive down this narrow road.

In town we spotted this rare Z3 M Coupe. What a beast!

Front door parking at our second hotel. At least for a few minutes.

The lovely town of Pisa.

With the famous tilted tower and lovely buildings.

After leaving Italy we ended up in the area of Lugano, Switserland. A nice Z1 passed us.

We found this great hotel. What a view. The hospitality was incredible.

We love Lugano.

Final stop was Luxembourg. This hotel provided me with a "private" parking space. There were eerie sounds at night at this strange hotel.. we surived it nevertheless.

And back home, just in time. My girls youngest son came back from duty in Afghanistan this day and this shiny 97 Z3 1.8 was waiting for him. You can imagine the smile on his face when we handed him the keys!

A nice trip, we drove about 3.500 kms in total. We had some scary moments in Italy where there are many many road-bullies. There seem to be no rules there. At one point in the area of Pisa, some crazy s.o.b. followed us for over 20 minutes and tried to run us of the road several times. He finally took us over blocked the road ahead, forcing us to a halt. We didn't know if he had a gun, or a knife and he was raging like a madman. So I put the car in reverse, drove around him -fast- and into a small town where we finally lost the idiot. We didnt take any risks and it seemed obvious he wanted the car, or money, or both. After this incident we left Italy the next day and went for Switserland. We enjoyed the lovely surroundings of Lugano before heading back home with a overnight stop in Luxembourg.

Thats all folks, hope you enjoyed it!
2006 Z4 2.5si // Sapphire Black // Steptronic-6 // Oregon leather // Satnav // Hifi // Heated M seats // ICElink plus
2000 E39 535i // Orient Blue // Steptronic-5 // Every option you can think of, even the silly ones.

AlanL

Post by AlanL » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:55 pm

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe - Silver Gray, Black Extended Leather, Dark Birch trim
Premium pkg, Sports Pkg, M seats, Clear Bra, Heated seats, NAV, DICE, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:56 pm

Great pics!!! I miss living in Italy, the scenery is spectacular.

icarus

Post by icarus » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:33 pm

Thanks for sharing those great pics and captions. My son lives in Florence must take the Z out here.

The Z 3 was a very generous gift, I'm sure he appreciates it.

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:56 pm

Z4NL brilliant pics, glad you enjoyed it apart from the crazy fool.

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:01 pm

Nice pics, mate! Made me feel like I was on your trip. :thumbsup:
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

tehdarkstar

Post by tehdarkstar » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:02 pm

Nice pics! I miss living in Italy too (will fix it soon, though) :). Road bullies are a problem over there, but not so much in the north.

I'm sorry, but I have to ask: What did you find nice about Pisa??? I found it one of the ugliest places I have seen in Italy, except for Piazza dei Miracoli, which is where the tower is... :)
Z4M Coupe! :sweetheart:

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:31 pm

We've been to Pisa before. It's a small University town. Not a whole lot to do there, but everywhere is within walking distance (~45min walk from the ferrovia stazione to the Piazza). Glad we went, but I can't see staying there more than a few hours.

The thing most memorable while there was a pizzeria joint we went to near the train station. Had one of the tastiest pizzas in my life there. Yum.
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:17 am

Great pics....Gods I miss Europe
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

tehdarkstar

Post by tehdarkstar » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:30 pm

When I went to Pisa last time it was in the back of two weeks driving through Tuscany, so I suppose that after that Pisa would be disappointing...
Z4M Coupe! :sweetheart:

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:23 pm

Beauitiful pictures... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:23 pm

Very nice of you to share. Great pics !!!!!!!

Some really great locations. :thumbsup: :driving:

Z4NL

Post by Z4NL » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:39 pm

Re Pisa (...) Glad we went, but I can't see staying there more than a few hours.
I second that, we liked the square with the old buildings though. Thanks for all the warm replies!
2006 Z4 2.5si // Sapphire Black // Steptronic-6 // Oregon leather // Satnav // Hifi // Heated M seats // ICElink plus
2000 E39 535i // Orient Blue // Steptronic-5 // Every option you can think of, even the silly ones.

Z4NL

Post by Z4NL » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:46 pm

The Z 3 was a very generous gift, I'm sure he appreciates it
He earned the car all by himself, most of it anyway. I had the honour to find him a decent one while he was serving. This Z3 has a brand new soft top as wel as a new hard top, reasonable mileage and overall in pristine condition. I drove it for a day and I must admit that even this 1.8 drives very nice. It has electric leather sports seats with heating and a decent stereo. I for one didn't have such a sports car at his age ;-) And yes he is very happy with it and is going to save for a Z4 ;-)

icarus

Post by icarus » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:32 pm

Z4NL wrote:
The Z 3 was a very generous gift, I'm sure he appreciates it
He earned the car all by himself, most of it anyway. I had the honour to find him a decent one while he was serving. This Z3 has a brand new soft top as wel as a new hard top, reasonable mileage and overall in pristine condition. I drove it for a day and I must admit that even this 1.8 drives very nice. It has electric leather sports seats with heating and a decent stereo. I for one didn't have such a sports car at his age ;-) And yes he is very happy with it and is going to save for a Z4 ;-)
Given the job he does, he deserves it and the opportunity to enjoy it. Nice spec too! Its looks just like mine the hard top makes me feel I have two cars.