Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Longlife Exhaust Z4 Coupe

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
davidmudley12

Post by davidmudley12 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:33 pm

cossie si wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:56 pm Image

Got my Longlife Exhaust back box made today, by topgearstockport.co.uk

2 staggered, 3 inch slash cut tails, so quite discreet, but clearly different, unlike the noise lol! It sounds freekin awesome!
Little bit boomy on the motorway, so going to experiment with sound deadening in the boot and adding some foam back to the sound pipe!
May get better as it soots up, but will live with it for the race car sound on acceleration!

Cost is around £300 fitted, 4 hours approx ! Can be made quieter and your old box can be put back on later if you wanted!
Workmanship is top notch and the welding is mint! I would say equal to the Eisenmann race i had on my last z, but far cheaper!

Noise at start up is lovely, around town is stunning and some nice, not too loud pops on overrun! Cruising on the Motorway is fine, just a bit loud on a low revs pull, but you could have it made quieter and there are plenty of tailpipes to choose from!
I will change the clamps to Mikalor though, use them on all my cars!
I'm looking at the same set up potentially, are there any issues with exhaust sensors with the Longlife exhaust? Thanks.
Current cars: 2006 3.0si E85 Sapphire Black, cruise, MFSW.
BMW 535d Touring (F11)
Skoda Fabia 1.2
BMW S1000XR

Thrustyjust

Post by Thrustyjust » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:53 pm

davidmudley12 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:33 pm
cossie si wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:56 pm Image

Got my Longlife Exhaust back box made today, by topgearstockport.co.uk

2 staggered, 3 inch slash cut tails, so quite discreet, but clearly different, unlike the noise lol! It sounds freekin awesome!
Little bit boomy on the motorway, so going to experiment with sound deadening in the boot and adding some foam back to the sound pipe!
May get better as it soots up, but will live with it for the race car sound on acceleration!

Cost is around £300 fitted, 4 hours approx ! Can be made quieter and your old box can be put back on later if you wanted!
Workmanship is top notch and the welding is mint! I would say equal to the Eisenmann race i had on my last z, but far cheaper!

Noise at start up is lovely, around town is stunning and some nice, not too loud pops on overrun! Cruising on the Motorway is fine, just a bit loud on a low revs pull, but you could have it made quieter and there are plenty of tailpipes to choose from!
I will change the clamps to Mikalor though, use them on all my cars!
I'm looking at the same set up potentially, are there any issues with exhaust sensors with the Longlife exhaust? Thanks.
Shouldnt make any difference as all lambdas are in the front manifold cat pipe.Try Longlife in Basingstoke as they make a lot of BMW exhausts for a local company who make Ferrari reps using Z3's .
E86 In sapphire black