Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My Alpina Roadster S (supercharger conversion @ ESS)

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Ale_72

Re: My Alpina Roadster S

Post by Ale_72 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:01 am

FemmeT wrote:Once you have the door panels off it should be easy to put sound dampening in there (I haven't done the mod myself)
Maybe this thread could be what you were looking for :roll:

http://www.motortribe.it/community/foru ... hp?t=11464
BMW Z4 3.0i Steptronic

Vroomer

Post by Vroomer » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:00 pm

most interested in that LSD. Would love to put that on my Z.

awesome pics! :thumbsup:

inTgr8r

Post by inTgr8r » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:20 pm

Wow... excellent work!!!!
+1 for can't wait to see it finished.

FemmeT

Post by FemmeT » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:26 pm

The brakes have been send back to Mov'it three weeks ago. I will get larger brake discs because they will create a few millimeters more clearance between the calipers and the spokes (because the calipers will be at a greater distance from the heart of the wheel). One of the front wheels has been send to Mov'it as well so they can be sure the measurements are correct this time. The total delay is going the at least six weeks.

I have also ordered a set of Recaro Pole Position seats and VAC Motorsports floor mount adapters. I have been discussing a time with ESS for doing a custom supercharger project at the ESS headquarters in Norway. End of January I will bring my car to Norway. If there are any Roadster S owners out there who like to supercharge their cars this is the time to join. The price of a custom TS2 conversion will be about 60 percent higher than a Z4 3.0i M54 TS2 system and power output is expected to be 400-430hp with conservative boost levels and DME tuning.
Alpina Roadster S #46
Drexler LSD, Mov'it brakes, Reiger dampers, Recaro seats, quad exhaust and a thousand and one other mods

Z4kma

Post by Z4kma » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:25 pm

Wow, sounds amazing, we'll all be interested to see how it turns out.
Only one question, I must have missed the earlier post, but when exactly did you win the Euro Lottery!?! :)
2003, Z4, 3.0i SE, 18k miles, Titanium Silver, Black Oregon Leather, Composite Star 18", Cruise, PDC, Xenon, Hardtop

Bimmerbri

Post by Bimmerbri » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:22 am

Very unique, looking forward to see it in all its glory when complete.
2007 3.0Si w/sport package

FemmeT

Post by FemmeT » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:56 am

The Recaro Pole Position seats were delivered yesterday. Installed them in my living room and made good use of them watching tv today :) . The weight of the seat is 10.1 kg including sidemounts and slider but excluding the floor mount adaptor. The power seats weight 28.5 kg a piece.

The VAC floor mount adaptors should arrive next week. I'll have the seats retrimmed in black leather with stitching in Alpina colours. Hopefully the seats will be ready when the brakes return from Mov'it and the car can be finished.
Alpina Roadster S #46
Drexler LSD, Mov'it brakes, Reiger dampers, Recaro seats, quad exhaust and a thousand and one other mods

Bimmerbri

Post by Bimmerbri » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:07 am

Slightly off topic, but I have the same Harmon Kardon reciever. Oh and nice seats :thumbsup:
2007 3.0Si w/sport package

FemmeT

Post by FemmeT » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:24 pm

I have had a bit of bad luck in the past weeks. The shipment with the Mov'it brakes and the Alpina wheel to got lost. It never reached the factory. For some reason this was discovered four weeks after the package was send which means I still don't have the new brakes after two months of waiting. The Dutch Mov'it importer is very supportive fortunately.

In the meantime I have received the VAC floor mount adapters and the Schroth asm autocontrol II harnesses. I'm not sure yet how we are going to fit these.

The quad exhaust pipes were fitted this week. After trying seven different mufflers we decided to modify the original Alpina muffler because all the other ones were way too loud.

I have also decided to go for the full ESS TS3 conversion, including ESS camshaft kit and lowered compression forged pistons for a power output close to 500hp. The twinscrew installation is planned for february.
Alpina Roadster S #46

tsuiesque

Re: My Alpina Roadster S (=> quad exhaust)

Post by tsuiesque » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:00 pm

OH holy hell this is one amazing project - cant wait to see the finished result

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:55 pm

I would be interested to find out how the bottom end copes with the extra power. I've been toying with the supercharger idea for a while but I can't help worrying that the block might not take the pressure. It is an E36 M3 US block after all. I've been thinking about an E46 M3 supercharged engine transplant as an alternative but if yours holds up I may reconsider!

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:28 pm

Me=Jealous
Great pics, can't wait to see the car finished
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

thebighash

Post by thebighash » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:56 pm

that's a really nice alpina :thumbsdown:
very tastefully done!

EDIT:
sorry bro i meant :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Last edited by thebighash on Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 Imola Red Z4MC

mister_roger

Post by mister_roger » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:09 am

This is a great project! Might I also add that the Alpina rear wing also compliments the horizontal lines of the taillights and crease on the rear bumper. Everything seems to flow together so well. Can't wait to see more progress pictures and the before/after shots

Kudos on your hard work! :thumbsup:

Ski

Post by Ski » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:22 am

This is a cool thread, nice work, props man..
My Jet Black's
'03 3.0i Z4 Loaded
'02 325Ci Loaded
'06 325xi Loaded