Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My Alpina Roadster S (supercharger conversion @ ESS)

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
SoCalSizzle

Re:

Post by SoCalSizzle » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:12 am

senwar wrote:God I love the Alpina.

Lovely car
x100 GORGEOUS!!!!
Zaino Baby...

FemmeT

Re: My Alpina Roadster S (=> quad exhaust)

Post by FemmeT » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:11 pm

Thanks for all the positive comments :) .
Curtis wrote:I would be interested to find out how the bottom end copes with the extra power. I've been toying with the supercharger idea for a while but I can't help worrying that the block might not take the pressure. It is an E36 M3 US block after all. I've been thinking about an E46 M3 supercharged engine transplant as an alternative but if yours holds up I may reconsider!
ESS think it is possible to achieve a reliable +450hp with the upgraded camshaft and pistons.

Someone has to try it :D .
Alpina Roadster S #46
Drexler LSD, Mov'it brakes, Reiger dampers, Recaro seats, quad exhaust and a thousand and one other mods

louis

Post by louis » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:16 pm

oh man, how did i miss this thread? awesome work there!

could you share more pictures of the diffuser as well as how you went about modifying it to accomodate a quad tip exhaust?

Albertoxx

Post by Albertoxx » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:06 pm

OMG!!! Image

ImageImageImageImage

That LSD...I want it too (really)!!! :cry: :cry: Where, when,HOW MUCH!???

Anyway...What a car!? I'm not sure if that wasn't that incident I would do all that work on my baby (oh, well, I almost did it, when I had an extreme - 4cm setup by H&R running on my 18" Classic wheels but it was to harsh to run in the city.Now I have the Sport pack setup by Alpina, still stiff but confortable. I think is a good way to enjoy the car).

Now I'm working only on the inside mutimedia entertainment

Image Image:D

But...That LSD...Image .

...to be truthful I already know what I'm gonna dream tonight....EXCELLENT JOB FemmeT !Image
Last edited by Albertoxx on Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpina Roadster S #89

Ale_72

Post by Ale_72 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:09 pm

Albertoxx wrote:oh, well, Idid it, I already had an extreme - 4cm setup by H&R when i was running on my 18" Classic wheels but it was to harsh to run in the city.Now I have the Sport pack setup by Alpina, still stiff but confortable. I think is a good way to enjoy the car).
Italians, bah! :P (just joking)
They complain of the stiffness of H&R + 18" and then they move to 19"...
Go for the LSD.
BMW Z4 3.0i Steptronic

Albertoxx

Post by Albertoxx » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:57 pm

Ale_72 wrote:Go for the LSD.
It doesen't appeare to be cheap... :roll:
Alpina Roadster S #89

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:27 pm

This is one amazing project - I stand in awe of the size of your wallet..... :)
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:52 pm

cj10jeeper wrote:This is one amazing project - I stand in awe of the size of your wallet..... :)
It's more likely to be a purse in Femme's case. :wink:

FemmeT

Post by FemmeT » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:15 pm

The new Mov'it brakes (380mm discs and 6 piston calipers) are in. Finally some progress on the car is being made. The discs and calipers are huge :o . They fill up the front wheels very nicely. It's impossible to fit bigger calipers (or smaller wheels :D ). There clearance between the calipers and the spokes of the wheel is very tight. The good news is that there will be no need to modify the fenders.

We are also working on a way to fit the Schroth inertia reel in a secure place behind the seats.

Alpina Roadster S #46
Drexler LSD, Mov'it brakes, Reiger dampers, Recaro seats, quad exhaust and a thousand and one other mods

Traxxer

Post by Traxxer » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:05 pm

I look forward to future updates!
-Total Car Noob

DHK

Re: My Alpina Roadster S (380mm brakes)

Post by DHK » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:27 am

Was it hard to change those tail lights??? I would like to do that mod. Did you have to mod any wiring?
2004 Olivine Green | Sport/Premium | Sat Nav | Paddle shifters | Dice iPod | Heated Electric Seats | Clear rear/side lights | 19" CSL/FL452 |

Albertoxx

Post by Albertoxx » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:17 pm

I think there's something to do about the rear bumper, maybe to change it.
Alpina Roadster S #89

FemmeT

Post by FemmeT » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:34 pm

The seat belt inertia reel (don't know a better name for it) is now mounted in place using a brace on the original mounting points. We had to cut a hole near the upper speaker. The seat belts are perfectly aligned to the belt slots in the seats. The 100mm speaker will be replaced by a smaller 3.5" model. We have ordered two frames from a Mercedes which will be used the cover the edges of the hole in the interior panel behind the seats.

The whole top had to be removed the mount the inertia reel.

DHK wrote:Was it hard to change those tail lights??? I would like to do that mod. Did you have to mod any wiring?
There is quite a bit of work involved. The easy way is to follow the instructions in the BMW facelift conversion manual, which you can download here (it's in German though):

http://arethusa.tweakers.net/~femme/stu ... _Umbau.pdf

The conversion requires a new rear bumper, light control module, rear bumper carrier and front light units and several other parts. You will also need to update the software on the light control module. Reprogramming the light control module won't work with the pre-facelift (xenon?) head lights because the high beam is controlled by the xenon lights instead of separate bulbs.

Currently there are several German Z4 drivers working on solutions the get the rear lights to work with the old light control module and software. One of the problems they are facing is that the intensity of the tail/brake lights is controlled by PWM (pulse width modulation) which doesn't work with the LEDs in the new tail lights. Check this thread on zroadster.com for info.

I still have the old light control module in the car. The tail lights don't work fully yet, but now that we have the BMW conversion manual we should be able to fix it.
Alpina Roadster S #46

1stKnight

Post by 1stKnight » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:31 am

An absolutely beautiful, and well engineered retrofit! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2004 SMG DINAN S1- Stage 3 Suspension & Engine Software

mxk

Post by mxk » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:26 pm

great car!!! :thumbsup:

Please, give us some more pics of that modified diffusor and tell us how you made it fit the quad pipe exhaust!

PLEASE!!!