Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Post Reply
Online
User avatar
mr wilks
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 19694
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancs or Normandy , i don't mind which

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by mr wilks » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:22 pm

philbo909 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:13 pm
mr wilks wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:55 pm
philbo909 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:20 pm
What's your verdict of those aftermarket lights?
Make the front end look E63 6 series like imo
Honest opinion :? i like them & other than the amber strip along the top ( i think that can be coded out ? ) i genuinely prefer them over the stock ones , perhaps its the midnight blue car suiting darker inner lamp units but additionally these actually function as headlights :oops: i love the brighter halo's so yea , in a direct choice against the stock halogen or xenon unit i would choose them .
I do wish my black coupe had black headlight inners, think if they were halogens I might've the aftermarket route too :thumbsup:
Lets be honest here , there is no-one who could ever claim the Z4 xenon light is even remotely fit for purpose , they are woeful & barely any different to the halogen lamps , i had a 2002 Lexus IS300 for a time many years ago with xenons , now they did light up the world so i know its simply that Bmw ones are truly gash .
I probably wouldn't have ever changed away but the current E86 came with them fitted , click below links for close up on them :thumbsup:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brru0XrAuOm/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brru0XrAuOm/
Previous Zs :roll:
E86
E85
///MR
Si E85
E89 23i
Si E85
E86
3.0Si E85
///MR
35i Msport 6spd
E86
///MR
E86
35is

911 997 Carrera4


Image

https://www.instagram.com/andy911wheels/

User avatar
philbo909
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:46 pm
Location: SN8

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by philbo909 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:30 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Lets be honest here , there is no-one who could ever claim the Z4 xenon light is even remotely fit for purpose , they are woeful & barely any different to the halogen lamps , i had a 2002 Lexus IS300 for a time many years ago with xenons , now they did light up the world so i know its simply that Bmw ones are truly gash .
I probably wouldn't have ever changed away but the current E86 came with them fitted , click below links for close up on them :thumbsup:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brru0XrAuOm/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brru0XrAuOm/
most aftermarket units are just for the halogen models though iirc
as for xenon vs halogen in z4 debate, I've only had 2 zeds and the halogen was dangerous (i didn't try different bulbs), but the xenons are fine compared.
I'm unsure whether the z4s lights are so bad because the light unit is so low to the ground or the output is so poor
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

User avatar
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 8779
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Location: In a barn

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by Smartbear » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:36 pm

philbo909 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:30 pm
mr wilks wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Lets be honest here , there is no-one who could ever claim the Z4 xenon light is even remotely fit for purpose , they are woeful & barely any different to the halogen lamps , i had a 2002 Lexus IS300 for a time many years ago with xenons , now they did light up the world so i know its simply that Bmw ones are truly gash .
I probably wouldn't have ever changed away but the current E86 came with them fitted , click below links for close up on them :thumbsup:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brru0XrAuOm/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brru0XrAuOm/
most aftermarket units are just for the halogen models though iirc
as for xenon vs halogen in z4 debate, I've only had 2 zeds and the halogen was dangerous (i didn't try different bulbs), but the xenons are fine compared.
I'm unsure whether the z4s lights are so bad because the light unit is so low to the ground or the output is so poor
I’m pretty sure the halogen lights on my 3.0si were the weakest excuse for headlights on any car I’ve owned-atrocious! :cry:
Rob
Image

e89 Sdrive2.0 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4 :P
e89 Sdrive30i this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si, i foolishly sold my trouble free car...

User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 16090
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by buzyg » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:32 pm

Smartbear wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:36 pm
philbo909 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:30 pm
mr wilks wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Lets be honest here , there is no-one who could ever claim the Z4 xenon light is even remotely fit for purpose , they are woeful & barely any different to the halogen lamps , i had a 2002 Lexus IS300 for a time many years ago with xenons , now they did light up the world so i know its simply that Bmw ones are truly gash .
I probably wouldn't have ever changed away but the current E86 came with them fitted , click below links for close up on them :thumbsup:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brru0XrAuOm/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brru0XrAuOm/
most aftermarket units are just for the halogen models though iirc
as for xenon vs halogen in z4 debate, I've only had 2 zeds and the halogen was dangerous (i didn't try different bulbs), but the xenons are fine compared.
I'm unsure whether the z4s lights are so bad because the light unit is so low to the ground or the output is so poor
I’m pretty sure the halogen lights on my 3.0si were the weakest excuse for headlights on any car I’ve owned-atrocious! :cry:
Rob
You have never had a the pleasure of driving a Fiat Coupe at night then. 8) Not so much a cool emoji as a blind man wearing sunglasses in a coal mine. :oops:
Image

andyf1140
Member
Member
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:06 am

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by andyf1140 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:54 pm

Mine are a lot better with upgraded bulbs and a little adjustment of the aim. The biggest issue I have is with the 4x4 and I think that's because the Z is so low...

User avatar
ben g
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7431
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm
Location: Essex

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by ben g » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:46 pm

You guys need to adjust the halogens up a couple of turns and you'll then be able to see the road in front of you :thumbsup:

I haven't wound mine back up since it's MOT a couple of weeks ago, and I'm really noticing how bad the halogens are when not adjusted upwards. Will be doing it tomorrow evening for sure :thumbsup:

Also get better bulbs and clean the inside of the projector, which becomes cloudy over time. Makes a big difference when all done together.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Bilstein, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP, Strut Brace.

Online
User avatar
mr wilks
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 19694
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancs or Normandy , i don't mind which

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by mr wilks » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:51 pm

ben g wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:46 pm
You guys need to adjust the halogens up a couple of turns and you'll then be able to see the road in front of you :thumbsup:

I haven't wound mine back up since it's MOT a couple of weeks ago, and I'm really noticing how bad the halogens are when not adjusted upwards. Will be doing it tomorrow evening for sure :thumbsup:

Also get better bulbs and clean the inside of the projector, which becomes cloudy over time. Makes a big difference when all done together.
Have tried the adjustment on current MR xenons , they still underperform our 2010 C Class with halogens , even the newer E89 xenon's are poor .
Just a department Bmw boffins clearly neglected for quite some time
Previous Zs :roll:
E86
E85
///MR
Si E85
E89 23i
Si E85
E86
3.0Si E85
///MR
35i Msport 6spd
E86
///MR
E86
35is

911 997 Carrera4


Image

https://www.instagram.com/andy911wheels/

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10162
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:57 pm

Smartbear wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:36 pm
I’m pretty sure the halogen lights on my 3.0si were the weakest excuse for headlights on any car I’ve owned-atrocious!
Rob
You've obviously never owned a 1967 MK2 Cortina then - or a 1970s RD Yamaha! Headlights like those really honed your reactions, especially when you drove/rode like you stole it - as you would in your teenage years! :lol:

I know the Xenons are much better as my 1st Coupe had them, but I really don't find the Halogens on my current one that appalling. Maybe those that do need to refurb the lights, or have an eye test! :roll:
Z4 3.0Si Sport - Coupe for added stiffness!
Current - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey, Cirrus trim & 295s. Cruise, Storage and pdc. E90 330i as a DD.
Gone - Ruby Black, Pearl Grey & 135Ms. Xenons, heated seats and Professional speakers.

User avatar
Papa_Zee
Member
Member
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:42 pm

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by Papa_Zee » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:26 am

Not great in the snow ⛄️
Attachments
181F1CDD-907B-4118-A167-7DC63DCF149E.jpeg
Walked back to rescue it today lol
181F1CDD-907B-4118-A167-7DC63DCF149E.jpeg (360.08 KiB) Viewed 487 times
8461B53F-3145-4D60-BD76-86D7C4303DEA.jpeg
8461B53F-3145-4D60-BD76-86D7C4303DEA.jpeg (340.27 KiB) Viewed 487 times
'06 Z4 E85 2.5 Si (Black) -> '58 Z4 2.0i (Silver) + '56 Z4MR (Imola Red)

User avatar
Papa_Zee
Member
Member
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:42 pm

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by Papa_Zee » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:50 am

Gjm91 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:59 pm
Quick pic after stopping to put top back up as blooming freezin- cant wait for wind deflector but have to wait till the 25th Dec 72FEE814-3930-4861-86CC-F646D17932E4.jpeg
Do you have the front CSLs wheel size on the rear too...?
'06 Z4 E85 2.5 Si (Black) -> '58 Z4 2.0i (Silver) + '56 Z4MR (Imola Red)

User avatar
earthdweller
Member
Member
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by earthdweller » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:09 pm

Smartbear wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:36 pm
philbo909 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:30 pm
mr wilks wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Lets be honest here , there is no-one who could ever claim the Z4 xenon light is even remotely fit for purpose , they are woeful & barely any different to the halogen lamps , i had a 2002 Lexus IS300 for a time many years ago with xenons , now they did light up the world so i know its simply that Bmw ones are truly gash .
I probably wouldn't have ever changed away but the current E86 came with them fitted , click below links for close up on them :thumbsup:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brru0XrAuOm/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brru0XrAuOm/
most aftermarket units are just for the halogen models though iirc
as for xenon vs halogen in z4 debate, I've only had 2 zeds and the halogen was dangerous (i didn't try different bulbs), but the xenons are fine compared.
I'm unsure whether the z4s lights are so bad because the light unit is so low to the ground or the output is so poor
I’m pretty sure the halogen lights on my 3.0si were the weakest excuse for headlights on any car I’ve owned-atrocious! :cry:
Rob
Does it have headlights?

Can’t say I’d noticed :rofl:
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather,

Haggisman
Member
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:09 am
Location: New Zealand

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by Haggisman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:15 am

No snow here !! Time for a bit of Z4 fun :D
DB3C62C1-8B76-4721-8DB9-3C9C7624A12F.jpeg
DB3C62C1-8B76-4721-8DB9-3C9C7624A12F.jpeg (465.29 KiB) Viewed 385 times
2003 Toledo Blue 3.0 E85 Manual - Current
2008 Volvo V50 - Dog Car
2017 Mazda SP25 Ltd - Her Indoor’s Car
1995 Dakar Yellow M3 E36 Race Car - Sold
2009 Vauxhall Astra VXR - Sold
2003 350Z well modded - Sold
1992 911 RS - Sold and still in mourning

User avatar
patriot66
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2000
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:59 am
Location: Mawdesley, Lancashire

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by patriot66 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:30 pm

Haggisman wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:15 am
No snow here !! Time for a bit of Z4 fun :D DB3C62C1-8B76-4721-8DB9-3C9C7624A12F.jpeg
Nice Zed :thumbsup: Love the AC Schnitzer Type 3s :thumbsup:
'03 Sterling Grey 2.5i SE / SMG / Matching Hardtop / Gloss Black MV3s / Bilstein B4s / DLV Backbox / Carbon-wrapped Interior Trim / Re-Covered Steering Wheel / De-tango'd !

Haggisman
Member
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:09 am
Location: New Zealand

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by Haggisman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:11 pm

patriot66 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:30 pm
Haggisman wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:15 am
No snow here !! Time for a bit of Z4 fun :D DB3C62C1-8B76-4721-8DB9-3C9C7624A12F.jpeg
Nice Zed :thumbsup: Love the AC Schnitzer Type 3s :thumbsup:
Thanks, they are not the lightest wheels but they are still miles lighter than the standard ones with run flats.
2003 Toledo Blue 3.0 E85 Manual - Current
2008 Volvo V50 - Dog Car
2017 Mazda SP25 Ltd - Her Indoor’s Car
1995 Dakar Yellow M3 E36 Race Car - Sold
2009 Vauxhall Astra VXR - Sold
2003 350Z well modded - Sold
1992 911 RS - Sold and still in mourning

Filkcs
Member
Member
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:37 pm

Post your Zed picture of the day...

Post by Filkcs » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:25 pm

As i have just had a flick through these waiting for a meeting, thought id add some of mine with my newest mod, the recaro Cs seats :thumbsup:
Attachments
IMG_1577 (1).jpg
IMG_1577 (1).jpg (161.19 KiB) Viewed 308 times
IMG_1589.jpg
IMG_1589.jpg (149.17 KiB) Viewed 308 times
IMG_5407.JPG
IMG_5407.JPG (255.14 KiB) Viewed 308 times
726a8e01-65dc-48d9-8c1c-d72613327fc7.JPG
726a8e01-65dc-48d9-8c1c-d72613327fc7.JPG (379.02 KiB) Viewed 308 times
1e032a57-f765-4f0d-9244-a580f89709a8.JPG
1e032a57-f765-4f0d-9244-a580f89709a8.JPG (392.27 KiB) Viewed 308 times
Current : 2.5si Silver roadster - Recaro CS seats, Front and rear M bumpers, 19" CSL Reps, Flat bottom steering wheel, Quad exhaust
Previous: 2.0 Black roadster
Instagram : @filkcs

Post Reply