Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

July photo competition -post entries here (closes 21th July)

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:51 pm

Simple photo. Haven't found a good background to use yet :idunno:

Airhead

Post by Airhead » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:19 pm

Superbow

Post by Superbow » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:12 pm

Hi can some tell me how to post a picture please? :?
Z4 'It looks a lot like nothing else'

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:19 pm

Superbow wrote:Hi can some tell me how to post a picture please? :?
Here you go:

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30

:D
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Superbow

Post by Superbow » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:37 pm

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Here is my first pic :D

Z4 'It looks a lot like nothing else'

gidge2010

Post by gidge2010 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:14 pm

lawnmower__man wrote:In which case, I'd better step in for the Alpine White ///M Coupe crew... :D

Image[/img]

Sorry if i'm not supposed to reply with a quote on the photo's, but just had to get this pic back in the thread again!!! STUNNING......

Mine (when i pick it up!) will be an Interlagos Blue one with CSL wheels to come shortly after ... but in White .... woooooooowww :evil:

lawnmower__man

Post by lawnmower__man » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:50 pm

Thanks! :D

No photoshop involved either... :wink: :P

Doesn't seem to be doing me much good in the competition though...! :)

I came very close to ordering an Interlagos Blue myself but then something came over me and I decided Alpine White with Imola Red leather would be a much more sensible choice... :lol:

Gauss

Post by Gauss » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:27 am

lawnmower__man wrote:Thanks! :D

No photoshop involved either... :wink: :P

Doesn't seem to be doing me much good in the competition though...! :)

I came very close to ordering an Interlagos Blue myself but then something came over me and I decided Alpine White with Imola Red leather would be a much more sensible choice... :lol:
Photoshop.

People always ask me, what's the difference between a good photo, and a great photo. And for 52 years, the answer has always been, Photoshop.

When you want to make a picture look really great, you got to really zoom in and examine all the pixels. Example, from a far, the paint on your white M Coupe looks good, but when you zoom in, you see that the pixels have imperfections. The colors don't pattern correctly. Here, you can compare. The top image is the paint before photoshopping. The bottom one is after photoshopping. Magnified.

The key is to go in and by hand you should blur out the pixels. Avoid body lines or any hard lines that will cause smudging to be noticeable. Do not blur the entire picture either because then you lose focus and the pixels still won't come out right. It takes a light touch. In the end, you may not see a difference, but here is a very quick photoshop (5 minutes):

For those who know about pictures, the difference will be there, and subconsciously anyone who sees your picture will favor the picture more.

But that's only one part of photoshop. If you really want you can make some dramatic changes to an entire picture, and make it look even more refined, such as in this quick photoshop:

original:

Photoshop. Producing some of the most amazing pictures ever seen. Smooth. Quality breeds quantity.

But there is no glory in photoshop. Only achievement.