Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Some Updated pictures of my Z4

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
JetBlackZ

Some Updated pictures of my Z4

Post by JetBlackZ » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:45 pm

Before I put the Z4 away for the winter I decided to change the appearance somewhat so it looks different next Summer. It is hard to see in the pictures but the car still has all the badges.

Wondermike

Re: Some Updated pictures of my Z4

Post by Wondermike » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:14 pm

JetBlackZ, your car would suit the black roll bars too. Love the front grill :thumbsup:

mister_roger

Post by mister_roger » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:41 pm

Some black housing headlights would definitely top off the 'dark' look!

Sorta reminds me of KITT from Knight Rider...

JetBlackZ

Post by JetBlackZ » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:04 pm

headlights are definitely next. I already have a set of the clear with black but am too lazy to put them on. I also want to drop the car a bit. I get the knight rider comment a lot at work.

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:45 am

Very Nice... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:05 am

JetBlackZ wrote:headlights are definitely next. I already have a set of the clear with black.....
mmm, where did you get them?? I didn't think the clear ones fitted the older Z's?
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

GP20

Post by GP20 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:53 am

sp3ctre wrote:
JetBlackZ wrote:headlights are definitely next. I already have a set of the clear with black.....
mmm, where did you get them?? I didn't think the clear ones fitted the older Z's?
'05 Z4's came with clear headlights too that were simple plug and play on '03~'04 Z4's. '06~current Z4's headlights are different and while they still can be retrofitted on older Z4's, it's quite costly and troublesome as the wirings, tail-lights (and rear bumper), and the headlight module (plus programming) would all need to be changed. The headlights would not work correctly without matching face-lifted LED tail-lights, which are of course shaped differently from pre-facelifted tail-lights which is why a new bumper would be needed. The headlight module is crucial (and very pricy) as you don't want to end up with a mileage tempering light on your intrument cluster.
'08 BMW Z4///MC 18" & 19" BBS RGR's|Michelin PSS'|TCK DA's 450/500|OEM CF spoiler|Aero side-skirts|ZHP gear-knob|OEM STB|
'06 BMW Z4///MR (sold)
'04 BMW Z4 3.0i 6sp SMG (lemon)
'03 BMW Z4 2.5i non-sport (sold)

JetBlackZ

Post by JetBlackZ » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:16 pm

These headlights were off an 05 they seemed to be plug and play but I do not know until I attempt to hook them up. If I find it is more trouble than it is worth I will have the ones on there now tinted. Either way I am not too worried. There are some speed shops that specialize in BMW by me and I am pretty sure they can get them to work.
Thanks for the advice.