Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Parking Lot Shots

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Veruca

Parking Lot Shots

Post by Veruca » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:24 pm

I have this weird thing where I love walking back to the car after I have gone in to a store. It makes the mile long hike across the parking lot a whole new experience. It always looks so good parked in its spot and I can't wait to hop in and go. I carry the camera in my purse lately because I always want to take a picture of it. I took my first one the other day. This is my absolute favorite parking spot! Let's see everyone else's! And yes, you will look like an idiot taking a picture of your car in the grocery store parking lot. :rofl:

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Parking Lot Shots

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:29 pm

Oh I envy the size of the parking spots you have in the USA... Our supermarket spaces leave about 2 inches between cars... or at least it feels that way. :roll:
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

inTgr8r

Post by inTgr8r » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:51 pm

Veruca wrote:..... This is my absolute favorite parking spot! .....

Damn!... well i guess it would be.
Shrubbery beside the car sure cuts down on the door dings :thumbsup:

I can't top that one.

Color

Post by Color » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:35 pm

That's a gorgeous car!!!

Did I say that before in another thread? :?
Oh, well, I guess it's just because it's exactly like mine :oops: (except we have the champagne leather) :D :D

Cmick

Post by Cmick » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:21 pm

I can top that!

In the garage..........when Ms Cmick's car isn't there. :D

Seriously, what a great spot. :thumbsup: I'm always parking way away from everyone only to return to find rusted out cars, shoping carts, seagulls, etc, all next to the car. I swear it's a "Idiot magnet" when in the lot. Never, and I mean NEVER, do I return to find another decent car around it!
06 ///M Roadster
Sapphire Black

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:49 am

That's cause people who drive decent cars are usually decent people and always park using "man spacing". Unfortunately that leaves room between the two decent people's cars for retards in rusted out station wagons with steel doors bigger than that of a 4-door Toyota Tundra!

Thank GOD I've been lucky up to this point with no door dings in either of my doors.
Member ZSCCA

inTgr8r

Post by inTgr8r » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:36 pm

Cmick wrote:..... I swear it's a "Idiot magnet" when in the lot.
Never, and I mean NEVER, do I return to find another decent car around it!
Isn't that the truth. :thumbsdown:

I was at the golf club the other day & thought I had a great spot.
The club p/u truck on one side with lots of space (figured he was there for the day)
& one of my foursome on my other side.

After finishing up I find this POS minivan (calm down Rick H, I know they get you excited) < 2 feet away.
I have no clue how he got out of his door, but I was relieved to find NO ding. :thumbsup:

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:57 pm

Why would I be worked up at that minivan comment? I actually thank you all for making fun of me and my imaginary minivan. Because of this, I will NEVER EVER buy a minivan. :D

... well maybe I will... if BMW makes one.
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Other then ones own garage, that parking space can't be topped. Jim, don't be too envious, that is a very fortunate parking spot Veruca's got there, and is the exception to the rule. I have a take-home car so don't drive my Z anywhere unless it's to play. It's never seen the greasy, gum-laden, POS-parked-next-to-it atrocities of a grocery store parking lot. That's my truck's job.
I love walking back out to my car too, just something about them that I can't get enough of. You should be proud Veruca, it truly is a beauty :thumbsup:
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"