Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ready to roll

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Ready to roll

Post by Nictrix » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:45 pm

bob4333 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:02 am Seeing those photo's I think it's still calling to me.................. sob. :(

(Please excuse your car still being on my avatar).
As you can see it looks a little different with a change of wheels.
How's your new car?
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

bob4333

Ready to roll

Post by bob4333 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:21 am

Your choice of wheels really suit the car and compliment it's lines rather than fighting the style which some inevitably do. Do you have any other plans for it?

I picked up my car last Tuesday and I'm still on a bit of a learning curve (as I was 6 years ago with your car). It does a lot of clever stuff that I'm not sure I'll ever use - but it's early days.

As manufacture for Europe has now ceased I was left with taking a car from stock but managed to get the packs I wanted: but if manual 'boxes are rare on 35i's they're even more so on these so ended up with a DCT. It's fun learning about what it is - and what it is not: in manual mode it will not shift into the next gear like an auto, but hit/bounce off the red-line just like a manual 'box (haven't tried that bit yet you understand). There's no torque converter. It's fine for 80% of the time, but I miss the familiarity of the manual gearbox from my old car for the other 20. It's supposed to give the best of both worlds - we'll see........

It's fun, but in a different way to the Z4 and I know I'll miss being able to drop the top into the boot. At the risk of getting thrown off the forum here's the car on it's first shakedown run in Wales. I'm still driving like a nun with 11 points...............
1.jpg
1.jpg (235.62 KiB) Viewed 761 times

Wyldie85

Ready to roll

Post by Wyldie85 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:28 am

Just gorgeous Bob. I have a real soft spot for M2’s.
It will take some time to adjust and get used to it. It’s all part of the bonding process I suppose.
More pics welcome... :D
2006 Silver grey 2.5si Convertible - Sold
2006 ///M Convertible - Sold
2019 Mercedes C300 AMG Line Premium Plus Estate
2019 San Francisco red M40i inc Tech & Comfort packs

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Ready to roll

Post by Nictrix » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:22 am

bob4333 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:21 am Your choice of wheels really suit the car and compliment it's lines rather than fighting the style which some inevitably do. Do you have any other plans for it?
The wheels were originally another members, Sunnydays, so the credit goes to him for the styling of these.
So far the wheels have been swapped along with the hydrodipped interior trim and the stubby.
Its also been fully machine polished just to get rid of a few blemishes. Its turned out lovely.
The only things that we dont like, and never liked on the 23i, is the flat silver colour of the tail pipes. So they may end up being swapped over for a polished stainless set but hopefully something very similar style to the originals.

Your new car looks nice :thumbsup:

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Ready to roll

Post by Smartbear » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:50 pm

Nictrix wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:22 am
bob4333 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:21 am Your choice of wheels really suit the car and compliment it's lines rather than fighting the style which some inevitably do. Do you have any other plans for it?
The wheels were originally another members, Sunnydays, so the credit goes to him for the styling of these.
So far the wheels have been swapped along with the hydrodipped interior trim and the stubby.
Its also been fully machine polished just to get rid of a few blemishes. Its turned out lovely.
The only things that we dont like, and never liked on the 23i, is the flat silver colour of the tail pipes. So they may end up being swapped over for a polished stainless set but hopefully something very similar style to the originals.

I polished my tailpipes to a shiny finish using wet&dry paper and metal polish :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Zed Baron

Ready to roll

Post by Zed Baron » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:03 pm

Cant you take them down to the guy at Govan and get them machine polished? Think I was £18 for mine

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Ready to roll

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:39 pm

Nictrix wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:45 pm Cant you take them down to the guy at Govan and get them machine polished?
Where abouts in Govan is that and will they do them while you wait or do you need to leave them?

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Nictrix
    Lifer
    Lifer

Ready to roll

Post by Nictrix » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:20 pm

Zed Baron wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:03 pm

Cant you take them down to the guy at Govan and get them machine polished? Think I was £18 for mine
    They dont pull off the same as the other models, they are welded on.

Nictrix
    Lifer
    Lifer

Ready to roll

Post by Nictrix » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:21 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:39 pm
    Nictrix wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:45 pm Cant you take them down to the guy at Govan and get them machine polished?
    Where abouts in Govan is that and will they do them while you wait or do you need to leave them?
    It was Lindsay and sons in Craigton Ind Estate where I got the 23i tips polished but they need to come off the car :(

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Ready to roll

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:32 pm

Nictrix wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:21 pm
    It was Lindsay and sons in Craigton Ind Estate where I got the 23i tips polished but they need to come off the car :(
    Cheers, just seen your previous post saying they’re welded on - they’ll be staying on for a while and getting cleaned then :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Nictrix
      Lifer
      Lifer

Ready to roll

Post by Nictrix » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:42 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:32 pm
      Argyll Andy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:39 pm Where abouts in Govan is that and will they do them while you wait or do you need to leave them?
      Cheers, just seen your previous post saying they’re welded on - they’ll be staying on for a while and getting cleaned then :thumbsup:
      There are exhaust places that will swap the tips but its not too important for now.
      Just need to find somewhere who look competent and with a good selection as I dont want it to look too different, just a better finish.

Zed Baron

Ready to roll

Post by Zed Baron » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:19 pm

Thats them :thumbsup: