Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Social Distancing is making life easier for some.

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri May 08, 2020 3:22 pm

Skills guys.. 8) :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Fri May 08, 2020 6:44 pm

Spoke to my lad today. He's on 29 Sqn at Coningsby and they were in today to launch the Typhoons that went round all the capital cities with the Hawks, in a '75' formation.
So I asked him about social distancing at work. He reckons it's a right laugh.
Last week two of them were fitting a new generator. Weighs a lot and has to be fitted overhead, from under the jet, so the two lads were literally cheek to cheek, holding it in place while they bolted it in. No other way to do it.
Then back to the office to sign up and some Flight Sergeant shouted at them for standing too close together at the computer terminal. :rofl:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

dhobbs

Post by dhobbs » Fri May 08, 2020 6:50 pm

Spent a lot of time at coningsby. Used to work on the tornado F3 simulators back in the late 90s, early 2000s.
Still got the in-laws there.
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

Tich

Post by Tich » Fri May 08, 2020 7:31 pm

Lots of memories of Coningsby, was there 1970 to 72 and again in 76. Bomb dump/ 228 OCU as a Phantom Armourer.

Phil :fuelfire:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Fri May 08, 2020 9:02 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:44 pm Spoke to my lad today. He's on 29 Sqn at Coningsby and they were in today to launch the Typhoons that went round all the capital cities with the Hawks, in a '75' formation.
So I asked him about social distancing at work. He reckons it's a right laugh.
Last week two of them were fitting a new generator. Weighs a lot and has to be fitted overhead, from under the jet, so the two lads were literally cheek to cheek, holding it in place while they bolted it in. No other way to do it.
Then back to the office to sign up and some Flight Sergeant shouted at them for standing too close together at the computer terminal. :rofl:
Lovely story and so funny. Good on your lad :happyclap: :happyclap:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981