Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

High Quality, book of owners Z's- pole extended

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.

Would you send in a picture and donate £10 to the Alzheimer's Society

Poll ended at Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:00 am

Yes: I would send in a picture and donate £10
74%
Yes: I would send in more than one picture & donate accordingly
19%
No not interested
7%

Total votes: 27

ShaunKC

High Quality, book of owners Z's- pole extended

Post by ShaunKC » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:37 pm

I am considering producing a high quality book of photography of Z4’s made up from forum members cars. I have two reasons for doing this: First to create a cool coffee table book for us all, but also to raise money for charity.

I will need a lot of tasteful, high resolution pictures (around 70 - 100) in either a square or landscape A4 format. The book will be hard backed with high quality inner pages. It will be professionally laid out and designed (I run a design agency), and will make a perfect for a Xmas present for your kids or wives give you! Pictures will be Photoshopped and corrected where necessary and I will remove all number plates. Any details sent to me, (forum name, mods, colour, model etc) will be included with each photograph.

The sales from each book would be split in the following way:

• £10 for charity: As my family (like many others) has been affected by Alzheimer’s, this is the charity you will donating to.

• £5 to the forum as a donation: I have run the idea past the Mods and they are happy for me to advertise this on the forum. They haven’t asked for a contribution, but as we all benefit from this forum I think it is fair that the forum gets a cut from each book sale.

• £9 - £14 (approx cost) for the production of the book. This will depend on the number of books purchased and the number of pages in each book. The more photographs then the more pages, the higher the cost but the better the book.

• Postage and packaging (second class, delivered middle of December)

• Total cost of book £24 to £29 plus P&P (approximately)

You will be able to donate £10 through a Just Giving page. This donation will be non refundable, but it will guarantee your car will be in the book as either a full page or half page (depending on numbers and proportions) but it will NOT commit you to buying the book. Those of you who would like to purchase the book will only have to pay the outstanding amount (£14-19). If you decided not to purchase, then your soul can be happy as you will have given £10 to the help the fight against dementia!

As a little charity bonus, there will also be the option to donate an extra £5 and have your car on the front cover of the book. If there is more than one person who donates an extra £5 then we will have a poll to decide which one gets the prime spot (I will certainly be donating an extra £5'er, so if anyone else does there will definitely be a poll). If you want to put more than one picture in the book (if you have had more than one Z) then again, its £10 per picture. So, some of our fellow forum members could potentially donate up to £140!!

But before I jump in and start something that can’t be completed, I would like to know if this is of interest to people? I know the calendars have not been too popular recently, but this is something different and longer lasting. Without your contribution of 70-100 great pictures, the project will be a bit of a non starter, simply because I want the book to be desirable.

I will be using this poll below to decide whether to undertake this project. If everyone says they will donate and send a picture, and only a few people do then it will be unfair on everyone as I will not be able to proceed, so please only say “yes" if you genuinely would donate £10 and send in a picture.

I will run the poll for 7 days from today and create another post if there is enough interest.

**Just a quick edit for clarity.
£10 will guarantee your car in the book, however I may approach people for pictures and it will be entirely up to them if they wish to donate. Although I want to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society I also want to produce a book that I am happy with and others will want to own, it is not just a vehicle for raising money for charity.**

***poll extended as suggested for 14 days

Thanks

Shaun
Last edited by ShaunKC on Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Previous: Z4C 2007 Montego Blue // Current: Z4MC 2008 Sepang Bronze // Instagram: ayorkshirechap

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

High Quality, hard backed book of owners Z's

Post by Jembo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:53 pm

Just to confirm Shaun, assume it’s a max of one car photo per owner... though can be past or present... meaning you could get a princely sum from Mr Wilks...

On this basis, happy to confirm two slots, one for my first & one for the current ride
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:23 pm

I'd definitely be up for this too. :thumbsup:

If I have to have taken the photo, I'll have one slot (and need to get a good photo). :roll:

If not I'll have 2 as I have a great photo taken by the next forum owner of my 1st car that won Photo of the Month.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

ShaunKC

Post by ShaunKC » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:43 pm

There are no rules about who took the pictures etc, I will be aiming to produce a book that car enthusiasts would like and not just Z owners. I would guarantee that anyone who donated £10 to charity would have their car in the book, and anyone who donated more would have extra cars included. I would ideally ask for 2 or 3 pictures so I could choose the one that fit the book the best. Potentially some cars might showcase on a page with more than one image, potentially one image may go across 2 pages. As I think Jembo was alluding to, I would not be planning to put the same car in the book in more than one place, hopefully enough people will get involved so this won’t be necessary!

Previous: Z4C 2007 Montego Blue // Current: Z4MC 2008 Sepang Bronze // Instagram: ayorkshirechap

Joneeboy

Post by Joneeboy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:02 am

Hi Shaun,

Excellent idea. Count me in! There are so many good Zs on this Forum, it would be a fitting tribute to the cars and the owners.

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:35 am

Sounds like a good idea, but could it be expanded to be a 'Zed' pictorial, including Z3's Z8's, Z1's and the four flavours of Z4 (E85/86/89/G29)?
Would appeal to more buyers and greatly widen the pool of potential vehicles. I think you would actually be needing to cull submissions, so it could make deciding what goes in and what doesn't a bit more difficult.
Obviously just Z4's will be a more 'niche' book so if that's what you're aiming for, ignore my suggestion.
Just a thought....
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:45 am

:rofl: great idea for a great cause!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

james28

Post by james28 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:14 am

Yes Shaun from me
And a great idea for charity.
Give me a few weeks to get picture sorted. :thumbsup: I appreciate you will need a deadline for pictures.

ShaunKC

Post by ShaunKC » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:39 am

enzed4 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:35 am Sounds like a good idea, but could it be expanded to be a 'Zed' pictorial, including Z3's Z8's, Z1's and the four flavours of Z4 (E85/86/89/G29)?
Would appeal to more buyers and greatly widen the pool of potential vehicles. I think you would actually be needing to cull submissions, so it could make deciding what goes in and what doesn't a bit more difficult.
Obviously just Z4's will be a more 'niche' book so if that's what you're aiming for, ignore my suggestion.
Just a thought....
Thanks Enzed, I did consider this, but I really have no good resource to get images of other Z models, (that is why the forum is so good and I am donating £5 of every sale made on here to the forum). I think what I would end up with is a Z4 heavy book with the odd picture of the other models and the whole thing would feel diluted.

But I agree a pictorial book of all Z's would be good. Perhaps if its successful I will do an issue 2 with all the Z models in :D

As a side note, (and I'm going to edit the top description as I haven't been clear). I am not limiting the pictures to just those people who pay £10 to charity, that guarantees your car will be in the book and will give a nice donation to charity. I will more than likely contact people with great pictures, maybe on facebook, instagram, previous competition winners who no longer visit the forum and ask if they would send me a picture to add. Also some people like Mr Wilks have owned multiple Z, have excellent pictures of their Z's and will hopefully add one our two for charity, but the book would benefit from more of their Z's and so I may ask for pictures and of course then it would be unreasonable to ask for them to donate more money.

In the end, although I want to raise some money for charity, I also want to make a desirable book that people want to pick up and look at, so at this stage I am not really limiting myself too much to anything so potentially I could add a few images of other Z models as a small final section. First though I need some genuine interest to get the project up and running!

Iggy

Post by Iggy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:21 am

Great idea! I'm in :thumbsup:
zedless

Past
'06 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe - Silbergrau
'06 Z4MC - Silbergrau & Imola Leather

StigJ

Post by StigJ » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:14 pm

I'm in! :thumbsup:
Hellrot '06 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Instagram: @StigJ77 & @bmwe86driver

ErrErrminator

Post by ErrErrminator » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:32 pm

I'd be up for this. :thumbsup:

lucasxdiniz

Post by lucasxdiniz » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:52 pm

Count me in!
Z4MC: Interlagos Blue | Individual Champagne | BC Racing RS Coilovers | Powerflex Arms | 4.1 FD

ShaunKC

Post by ShaunKC » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:51 pm

I thought there would have been more interest :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: , I was warned though. Obviously not a goer anyway, :(

tee.gilding

Post by tee.gilding » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:55 pm

I'm late for the poll, but yes I'd be interested!
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport (E86) : Stratus Grey : Black Oregon leather : 19" Veemann V-FS33 : BC Racing coilovers : Kumho Ecsta rubber : MTEC discs : Brembo pads : stubby aerial : ZHP gear knob

Instagram: @stratus.z4coupe