Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

August photo competition - Winner, Citation 650

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.

Vote for your favourite pic

Zee42
17%
561Design
2%
icarus
No votes
beemwe
2%
takedown8
7%
Aebous
No votes
Muppet
No votes
bmw.z4
2%
Socalsizzle
3%
Louv
3%
AlanL
5%
Born2Slow
5%
Rama
5%
Citation 650
22%
Wondermike
No votes
Elliot
2%
Zinkster
No votes
ianm
2%
IMZ4N
No votes
coupe-sport
3%
Ovrkll
2%
Rick Hunter
17%
CaZ4
No votes
Bimmerbri
2%
20Ducks
No votes

Total votes: 59

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:29 am

I didn't vote for me :D

...and to answer Gauss, yes, Photoshop will be back next month. I have had more requests to allow it than I did to disallow it, the people have spoken :D

Seriously though, I want to please everyone here, so some months will be photoshop free and some months not... and judging by the amount of entries this month I think we might have the odd "theme month"... night shots, for example... what do you think? (or would that be better run as a separate comp?)
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:15 am

I think the theme month is a good idea, as long as they are attainable by most. Would push a lot of us to learn how to be a better photographer and eventually get more enjoyment out of it :thumbsup:

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:20 am

yeah, I was thinking of things like night time shots because everyone can do that... snow or sea are more difficult for some people.

Will see, I might run it as a separate comp fir the first time, just to see what takeup we get.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

icarus

Post by icarus » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:08 am

ovrkll wrote:I think the theme month is a good idea, as long as they are attainable by most. Would push a lot of us to learn how to be a better photographer and eventually get more enjoyment out of it :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

icarus

Post by icarus » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:01 pm

It looks like I'm going to have to face facts no one is going to vote for my photograph. :sick2:

I can now see why my photo didn't appeal.

The Z3 was a secondary element in the composition. Consequently it was unsepific, it didn't dominate the landscape I was trying to say too many personal things: about the time of day, the location and the weather all of which confused the photo.

Am I going to submit next month? :scratchhead: I don't know, at the moment I'm not quite sure where to go with it. I would certainly like to, but only if I can improve on what I have achieved so far. I might wait and see what the mods come up with. :D

I'm glad I took part and I've enjoyed the whole process. :thumbsup:

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:09 pm

icarus wrote: I can now see why my photo didn't appeal.
I disagree... there is only one reason you haven't got votes and that is the amazing quality of all the entries! I very much like your photo, and I think you will have come a close second in many peoples eyes, but alas we can only have one vote each.

Please do post again next month... at least you have the balls to post a pic, a certain forum admin (who will remain nameless) hasn't dared yet ;)

Rama

Post by Rama » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:10 pm

muppet wrote:Lots of very shiney pics ,some real picture post cards but it was Rama who got my vote , a proper action shot and just that bit different..now my wallpaper ...if you don't mind
No problem at all Muppet! Glad you liked my "shiny" action shot mate. :thumbsup:

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:37 pm

icarus - Just a suggestion, it would have been a little better taken in landscape instead of portrait. Would have shown more area around the waterfront. Good picture though, and like Sp3ctre said, there are a lot of good one's to choose from this month, so keep up the good work and try again next month. :thumbsup:

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:54 pm

I like the idea for the themed photographs. Plus yeah alot of us could stand to pay more attention to little things like background, lighting, parking in the lines (me) etc...
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

CaZ4

Post by CaZ4 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:51 am

There are a lot of great shots here! It took me a while to decide my vote...
I like the themed shot idea as well.
Andrew and Julie

icarus

Post by icarus » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:49 am

ovrkll wrote:icarus - Just a suggestion, it would have been a little better taken in landscape instead of portrait. Would have shown more area around the waterfront. Good picture though, and like Sp3ctre said, there are a lot of good one's to choose from this month, so keep up the good work and try again next month. :thumbsup:
I'm sorry guys I got worked up. I guess I'm just very competitive when it comes to photography. What I didn't realise was that I'm a bad loser as well!

Thanks for your comments ovrkll I'll take them on board.

The standard was so high its takes a bit of getting used to but I'm working on it.

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:14 pm

don't worry icarus...you should've seen mine last month! :bag:

lawnmower__man

Post by lawnmower__man » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:29 pm

If I remember correctly, we couldn't cos there were a load of flowers in the way...?!! :wink: :P :D

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:34 pm

^^^^exactly :roll:

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:40 pm

Man, Man, Man... You guys make it soooo easy for me to say something innapropriate like "But I like your flower, FNI"... LMAO.

But I didn't say it, so I'm free and clear, right?

:hijacked:
Member ZSCCA