Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

iPhone Craplay not working

Galwaygirl

Post by Galwaygirl » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:14 am

When I connected my iPhone with my car several days ago, it just didn't work. I didn't know the reasons. Do you have any suggestions for me to get rid of the trouble. I saw some people online recommending using professional ios repair tools such as TunesKit iOS System Recovery, Joyoshare UltFix, etc to fix the iPhone carplay not working. Did you use them before and do they work?

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:37 am

Galwaygirl wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:14 am When I connected my iPhone with my car several days ago, it just didn't work. I didn't know the reasons. Do you have any suggestions for me to get rid of the trouble. I saw some people online recommending using professional ios repair tools such as TunesKit iOS System Recovery, Joyoshare UltFix, etc to fix the iPhone carplay not working. Did you use them before and do they work?
I think you may need to supply some more information.
Car year (can make a difference), iDrive or non-iDrive. Do you have Bluetooth music, or just Bluetooth calls? Has it connected previously?
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

Raj_UK

Post by Raj_UK » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:31 am

Have you tried rebooting your phone? I’ve been having issues with CarPlay in my Merc recently and restarting my phone sorts it.
Z4less :?

ori

Post by ori » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:08 am

Reset iPhone. Also reset idrive by pressing and holding the Volume button until it resets.
If that doesn’t work, delete the phone pairing and repair it again.

raven

Post by raven » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:44 am

Carplay can be a pain to get it setup the first time, it always takes me a few tries too :)

Remove the car from the bluetooth list in the phone, and remove the phone in the bluetooth list.
Make sure your iphone runs the latest ios.
Restart your idrive by holding the power button, restart your iphone and try again.
Make sure you have both wifi and bluetooth enabled before connecting
2019 BMW Z4 G29 M40i @600hp - IG: ZZZZ_M40i