Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Software update

Bullyboy42

Software update

Post by Bullyboy42 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:50 pm

Had a notification on the phone and the car. Downloaded the update to the phone it transferred to the car and said it’s ready to update but that’s all it Says. I have seen pictures of screens on the net saying start software update. However the car doesn’t have or let me get to that screen. I have left the car alone for 2 hours started it up and nothing changes. Help appreciated. Thanks
Attachments
156A854C-4154-46E9-A080-378D78E76A17.jpeg
156A854C-4154-46E9-A080-378D78E76A17.jpeg (132.66 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
All the Best
Paul
-----
G29 M40i with Comfort, Tech and Shadowline Packs

ori

Software update

Post by ori » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:37 am

Put the car in park.
Hand brake on.
I had the app open, but not sure if that made a difference.
It should then start the update.

Blue29

Software update

Post by Blue29 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:32 pm

I had to turn the engine off too.

Bullyboy42

Software update

Post by Bullyboy42 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:03 pm

Thanks guys but booked into local dealer. Spoke to a tech in person he said they have a way or forcing it through and have seen this before. He said if it doesn’t install after a few hours then dealer needs to get involved. Cheers the responses
All the Best
Paul
-----

Bullyboy42

Software update

Post by Bullyboy42 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:13 pm

Dealer had the car today for half a day and all good. Software updated to 07/2020.60.
BMW maps seemed to show different things but will take a good look this weekend. The service gut currently has a Z4 and said the software update didn’t work on his car either !
All the Best
Paul
-----

Bullyboy42

Software update

Post by Bullyboy42 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:06 am

Just as a quick update a couple of weeks later. Sidelights are now on all the time. Everything else is good. Others have said the same on the Facebook group.
All the Best
Paul
-----

Jim S

Software update

Post by Jim S » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:17 pm

Bullyboy42 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:06 am Just as a quick update a couple of weeks later. Sidelights are now on all the time. Everything else is good. Others have said the same on the Facebook group.
You can turn off the rear daylight running lights in the external lights settings. Untick the box. :driving:

Bullyboy42

Software update

Post by Bullyboy42 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:36 pm

Thanks Jim I know that. It’s the front side lights that are permanently on. Cheers though
All the Best
Paul
-----

Jim S

Software update

Post by Jim S » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:51 pm

Is it the front side lights or front running lights that are on? In the U.K. the front daytime running lights are permanently on and cannot be switched off. Only the rear daytime running lights can be on or off.

Bullyboy42

Software update

Post by Bullyboy42 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:45 pm

The running lights were always on (rears you can turn off in the settings as mentioned ) but now the side lights are on permanently. It’s not a major hassle but the icon is on on the dash all the time. It’s a result of the software upgrade. Others have mentioned this. Again not a major problem but thought it was worth mentioning
All the Best
Paul
-----

Bullyboy42

Software update

Post by Bullyboy42 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:16 am

Just to bump this post, next software update and next problem with it not installing. basically the same as last time just sitting on the screen saying it will be installed but it never does. So spoke to dealer he said they just had one in and the system is very sensitive to the battery not having a full or nearly full charge. they have booked me in next week to push it through but suggested I charge the battery just in case. Anyway interestingly I have a battery charger and it is saying that my battery is only at around 70% charged. So I am trickle charging it today and then see if the system will install the software later on. Ill give you an update. If this doesn't work its back to the dealer for the appointment on Thursday. if the batter charge sorts it out, fair enough but if not its a poor system that the software will only install under 'ideal' circumstances. I don't want to have to go to the dealer every time an update turns up.
Any other feedback welcome.
All the Best
Paul
-----

Z4monster

Software update

Post by Z4monster » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Mine is doing the same. Downloaded but still waiting to install. I think the issue might be down to outside temp at the moment. Up north, we haven't yet had a day above 10c for a while (When I've been able to use the car anyway) and that is one of the pre reqs apparently. I think everything else has been met but not the temp. Once the weather improves I hope it will install.

Bullyboy42

Software update

Post by Bullyboy42 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:42 pm

Right a further update and good news. Appears the battery has to be pretty full. I put it on trickle charge today for about 6 hours and my charger shows when it passed, 80% and then 90%. I then tried it cold and it wouldn't offer to install. I remember reading somewhere about then giving it a drive. So took it out for a spirited 25 mile drive. Came back home turned the car off and a message came up offering the upgrade on the screen. So I clicked yes, put it in park and put the handbrake on and sat in the car with the key not touching anything. The I drive turned off and started upgrading and it shows progress. Took about 20 mins whilst I just sat and watched it. All done.
So the moral of this story is the battery is very key to doing this for anyone that's having problems. I will be cancelling my trip to the dealer this Thursday now. Yippee. Hope this helps all. :D
All the Best
Paul
-----

Bebik22

Software update

Post by Bebik22 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:56 pm

It was low battery issue. Once Battery recharged I was able to restart software downloads

ori

Software update

Post by ori » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:32 pm

Bullyboy42 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:42 pm Right a further update and good news. Appears the battery has to be pretty full. I put it on trickle charge today for about 6 hours and my charger shows when it passed, 80% and then 90%. I then tried it cold and it wouldn't offer to install. I remember reading somewhere about then giving it a drive. So took it out for a spirited 25 mile drive. Came back home turned the car off and a message came up offering the upgrade on the screen. So I clicked yes, put it in park and put the handbrake on and sat in the car with the key not touching anything. The I drive turned off and started upgrading and it shows progress. Took about 20 mins whilst I just sat and watched it. All done.
So the moral of this story is the battery is very key to doing this for anyone that's having problems. I will be cancelling my trip to the dealer this Thursday now. Yippee. Hope this helps all. :D
You don’t have to sit in the car for it up update. You can leave it and in fact you will get a notification when it’s done.