Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Gear selector failure

unstoppable66

Gear selector failure

Post by unstoppable66 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:52 pm

Last week I had a few minor issues "Transmission position can be changed without pressing the unlock button. If problem recurs have it checked by your service partner". Ok, thought the dealer could fix that when the track rod recall and minor oil change were done, already booked in.
However, this developed into a major Drivetrain fault "After exiting ready-to-drive state no continued driving possible. Please go to the nearest Service Partner to avoid a vehicle breakdown". I was on the way to the dealer when this came up, told them about it.
All fixed they said this morning, but I got in the car, pressed the button and the same drivetrain fault came up. Back in to the shop the car went and 20 minutes later they needed to look at the problem again/look at it properly like they should have done the first time. I went home and had a call to say that the GWS unit needed replacing and the part will take 5 - 10 days. Would I like to take the car back and risk it breaking down at any minute? No, it can stay in your shop until its fixed and I will drive my hyper-reliable 20-year old manual Z3 until then.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Gear selector failure

Post by Smartbear » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:20 pm

unstoppable66 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:52 pm Last week I had a few minor issues "Transmission position can be changed without pressing the unlock button. If problem recurs have it checked by your service partner". Ok, thought the dealer could fix that when the track rod recall and minor oil change were done, already booked in.
However, this developed into a major Drivetrain fault "After exiting ready-to-drive state no continued driving possible. Please go to the nearest Service Partner to avoid a vehicle breakdown". I was on the way to the dealer when this came up, told them about it.
All fixed they said this morning, but I got in the car, pressed the button and the same drivetrain fault came up. Back in to the shop the car went and 20 minutes later they needed to look at the problem again/look at it properly like they should have done the first time. I went home and had a call to say that the GWS unit needed replacing and the part will take 5 - 10 days. Would I like to take the car back and risk it breaking down at any minute? No, it can stay in your shop until its fixed and I will drive my hyper-reliable 20-year old manual Z3 until then.
I think you should change your username! :cry:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Danglesberries

Gear selector failure

Post by Danglesberries » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:01 am

:rofl: :rofl: