Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Recurring SatNav issue!! MASSIVE UPDATE

Jim S

Post by Jim S » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:58 am

Congratulations. Enjoy your new ride. :driving:

Looks very nice in white. :thumbsup:

Mr Whippy

Post by Mr Whippy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:34 pm

I'm amazed there isn't a debug mode the dealer can turn on, send the log to an engineer, voila, fix.

Instead they basically fanny around for weeks at BMWs expense.
Last edited by Mr Whippy on Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
04 3.0i, Titanium Silver, 107s, red m-sport interior

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:39 pm

Mr Whippy wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:34 pm I'm amazed their isn't a debug mode the dealer can turn on, send the log to an engineer, voila, fix.

Instead they basically fanny around for weeks at BMWs expense.
You’ve probably hit the nail on the head! It’s a someone’s else’s expense and not theirs.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

raven

Post by raven » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:39 am

I have different issues with the SatNav, mine just repeats almost evering twice wich is really annoying ("In 2 kilometers, in 2 kilometers, keep left"), had the head unit replaced, but didnt help. I also noticed this in an X5 45e, so i guess its a software bug.
I have my SatNav in dutch since i live in Belgium, not certain if it allo occurs in english.
2019 BMW Z4 G29 M40i @600hp - IG: ZZZZ_M40i

bonzo

Post by bonzo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:47 am

I was given a lift in a friend's Merc A class over the weekend and was surprised to see that that satnav unit was virtually identical to that in the new Z4. The only real differences were in the position of some of the icons - the home icon was top right as opposed to top left.

I always assumed that manufacturers chose and perfected their own comms\info systems, especially the better makers, but it looks like they may be going 'off the shelf'.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:57 pm

raven wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:39 am I have different issues with the SatNav, mine just repeats almost evering twice wich is really annoying ("In 2 kilometers, in 2 kilometers, keep left"), had the head unit replaced, but didnt help. I also noticed this in an X5 45e, so i guess its a software bug.
I have my SatNav in dutch since i live in Belgium, not certain if it allo occurs in english.
Maybe an ex-military software programmer? :wink:

We were always trained to repeat the 'Mission' statement.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:58 pm

Or maybe it's Double Dutch? :rofl:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

raven

Post by raven » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:59 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:57 pm
raven wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:39 am I have different issues with the SatNav, mine just repeats almost evering twice wich is really annoying ("In 2 kilometers, in 2 kilometers, keep left"), had the head unit replaced, but didnt help. I also noticed this in an X5 45e, so i guess its a software bug.
Maybe an ex-military software programmer? :wink:

We were always trained to repeat the 'Mission' statement.
Or maybe, just because its a woman, they like saying stuff twice :P
2019 BMW Z4 G29 M40i @600hp - IG: ZZZZ_M40i

Bikermole

Post by Bikermole » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:32 am

NewZDriver, you mentioned getting another Z4 from the September build. Mine is from that build and I managed to only drive it half way home before the parking brakes failed.

Have you got yours yet and is it OK?

Am seriously considering after my experience (it’s a birthday present for my wife) rejecting and never going near BMW again as support from BMW UK boils down to “sorry to hear that, but we’ll take 8 weeks to put it right” all while sending “congratulations on your new BMW, are you enjoying your new car” emails. From their response I read - no spares and can’t be bothered.

Also, someone on this thread managed to talk to a German representative, I’d love to get the contact details of that.

Finally, remote investigation? Is that a thing and how can I make sure my dealership gets to try that out before I pull the plug?

NewZdriver

Post by NewZdriver » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Hi!

Sorry to hear about your experience. My original G29 was one of the first built. The satnav issue seemed unfixable with the dealer unable to source parts. BMW UK are about as much use as a chocolate tea pot a d after no joy with them, I put out a tweet including BMW main account. Within 5 minutes they had replied. I had several explanatory DMs with them and they said to leave it with them and they someone would contact me again shortly.

The next day the dealer called and said that BMW had instructed them to take the car back and they an identical one had been allocated for production in September. This was over 12 months ago and the replacement has been faultless so far

Hope this helps
2015 Z4 e89 1.8i
2017 Z4 e89 2.0i msport auto
2019 Z4 g29 2.0i sport auto (rejected)
2019 ‘69’ Z4 g29 2.0i sport auto (comfort pack / 19” alloys)

2017 118d sport auto F20
2018 320d msport auto F30
2020 520d msport auto G30

rdm05z4

Post by rdm05z4 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:31 pm

Sorry to hear everyone having issue with their SatNav. But look on the bright side it's not a human in the passenger seat. Asking to be feed and wanting rest stops!
2005 3.0i Manual, Sterling Gray Metallic Sport suspension, heated seats, top line Business Cd radio
2007 Nissan Maxima -Silver-Auto
2009 VW Wolfsburg Jetta-Black-6sp manual