Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E85 to go the same way as the Z3?

Discussing the current generation Z4
Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:57 pm

As an E89 owner I have to say that the E85 seems, today,for me, more timeless than the E89...

Only time will tell how the E89 is judged when the new one comes out..personally I think the new one will be so different that it will leave a clear space mentally around the E89....

Seems like all the new cars from all manufacturers have been processed using the same CAD software and look to much of a kind...IMHO.. :fuelfire:

155MPH

Post by 155MPH » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:08 pm

My bet is anyone that has a manual car should hold on to it for a long long time as it will go up in value nicely when you can no longer get a new car with a manual tranny. Which as we see with the G29 is reality. This is why I recently bought an E89, both because I love the manual and also because I think it is a no brainer that it will continue to be a very desirable choice in the future (and also because the design inside and out is beautiful and award winning). And as far as those that deride its track cred - not all owners owners or would be owners t track a car nor ever will but still enjoy the control and fun of a roadster with a third pedal!

P.S. I also missed my 2006 Z4M roady that I regretted selling the day after I sold it 4 years ago.

djstan

Post by djstan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:16 pm

thanatu55 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:38 pm I'll be happy to hold onto and enjoy my E85 for a very long time yet. Imho whilst I think the Z3 looks quite dated in today's market (no offence Z3 owners), the E85 hasn't aged to the same extent. I still get people thinking mine is brand new and modern. Of course in time all cars reach that stage at some point and tread the line between the classics or the scrap heap. I think BMW hit a belter with the E85/E86, there's nothing else quite like it, and whilst their value will undoubtedly drop even more I won't love it any less. :D
I'm actually thinking about getting a Z3 at the moment as a sort of future classic...
10-plate E89 35i, Deep Sea Blue
67-plate F15 X5 35d, Space Grey

BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:57 am

155MPH wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:08 pm My bet is anyone that has a manual car should hold on to it for a long long time as it will go up in value nicely when you can no longer get a new car with a manual tranny.
When that happens, new drivers will only have a licence to drive automatics, so manuals will have fewer prospective buyers, but it will be a long time before that occurs.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:02 pm

I still see my old E85 albeit with its French plates - it’s a fourteen year old car and it still looks a attractive little motor and I’d be happy to own it again even tho slower and not nearly as technically advanced!
Last edited by ronk on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Beatman

Post by Beatman » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:40 pm

buzyg wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:05 am Just enjoy the :driving: :D
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
My Car- 2004 3.0se sterling grey, mv3s , satnav, heated seats, ZHP.

DaveZ4richardson

Post by DaveZ4richardson » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:32 pm

Am happy with my 15 year old E85, after 1800 miles in the past fortnight and not missing a beat I certainly have no intentions of selling and the amount of admiring glances I got driving around France does me just fine. In 3 years time who cares if it's worth nothing its priceless to me and my wife for the enjoyment it brings to us both when the sun's out and the roofs down :driving: :thumbsup:
DaveZ4richardson :thumbsup:
3.0i 2003 E85 auto cruise control, smart top module.

JackTup

Post by JackTup » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:48 pm

Hmm. I agree Paulr. I bought my E85 for three reasons. 1) It was an amazing deal, very inexpensive. 2) I really like the E85 lines ,design etc... 3) I know the car was well maintained and came with 56K on the odometer for a 15 year old car. Sure it does not have Bluetooth, but it is Bluetooth ready. I stayed away from BMW all my life simply because of the cost of ownership, maintenance specifically. I was willing to eat that for the pure joy it is to drive this vehicle. I have a long commute in traffic every weekday and it certainly does not seem that bad to me anymore when I am driving this car. To me, the quality of life boost is more than enough payment back to me.