Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW Finance APR Increased

Discussing the current generation Z4
Post Reply
User avatar
blaster1956
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:34 pm
Location: Warwickshire

BMW Finance APR Increased

Post by blaster1956 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:24 pm

Just in case anyone is looking to finance a new Z4 using a BMW Finance, the APR rate for PCP deals seems to have increased from 2.9% in Q3, to 3.9% in Q4. The online finance quotes are also showing smaller BMW deposit contributions, but whether this translates into smaller dealer discounts I'm not sure.

I'm told by my dealer that they will honour the 2.9% APR for deals such as mine that were signed in Q3.
Currently Zedless
G29 M40i - Misano Blue - on order since September 2021
E89 sDrive 20i M Sport - Sapphire Black - Sold August 2021
E89 sDrive 20i Roadster - Crimson Red - Sold 2018
E85 2.0i Sport - Stratus Grey - Sold 2014

User avatar
Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3115
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 pm
Location: Argyll & Bute

BMW Finance APR Increased

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:03 pm

Dealer told us they were anticipating a % increase next quarter. Wasn’t sure if it was sales spiel at the time but possibly not. Still considerably better than Porsche’s 10.83% on new cars :o

Re the BMW contribution, yes definitely down to reduced discount. Even written quotes from 2 months ago they’re not honouring saying they don’t do that level of discount now :thumbsdown:
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (here for a while)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone to a good home)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

    User avatar
    Scubaregs
    Member
    Member
    Posts: 430
    Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:36 am

    BMW Finance APR Increased

    Post by Scubaregs » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:29 pm

    I never take dealer finance, unless there is an incentive. For instance £750 of the £2750 I got of my new, unregistered S1000r in October was PCP contribution. Don't take the PCP, don't get that £750, so I took the PCP, got a personal loan and paid off the PCP after the first payment.
    Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

    San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
    Image Image

    User avatar
    blaster1956
    Newbie
    Newbie
    Posts: 41
    Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:34 pm
    Location: Warwickshire

    BMW Finance APR Increased

    Post by blaster1956 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:44 pm

    I don’t think many manufacturers are offering those sorts of finance incentives atm - they just don’t need to as they can’t make enough cars to fulfil the demand anyway!

    I think for me it all depends on the APR offered - I couldn’t get better than 2.9% elsewhere so I’m happy to go with the BMW finance for now. I’d rather do this than take money out of investments/savings.
    Currently Zedless
    G29 M40i - Misano Blue - on order since September 2021
    E89 sDrive 20i M Sport - Sapphire Black - Sold August 2021
    E89 sDrive 20i Roadster - Crimson Red - Sold 2018
    E85 2.0i Sport - Stratus Grey - Sold 2014

    Ian J
    Member
    Member
    Posts: 104
    Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:28 pm
    Location: Tamworth

    BMW Finance APR Increased

    Post by Ian J » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:07 am

    blaster1956 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:44 pm
    I think for me it all depends on the APR offered - I couldn’t get better than 2.9% elsewhere so I’m happy to go with the BMW finance for now. I’d rather do this than take money out of investments/savings.
    Me too. If I took the money out of my company I would end up paying 40% Income tax on it so BMW funding my car is far cheaper

    User avatar
    blaster1956
    Newbie
    Newbie
    Posts: 41
    Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:34 pm
    Location: Warwickshire

    BMW Finance APR Increased

    Post by blaster1956 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:47 pm

    blaster1956 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:24 pm Just in case anyone is looking to finance a new Z4 using a BMW Finance, the APR rate for PCP deals seems to have increased from 2.9% in Q3, to 3.9% in Q4. The online finance quotes are also showing smaller BMW deposit contributions, but whether this translates into smaller dealer discounts I'm not sure.

    I'm told by my dealer that they will honour the 2.9% APR for deals such as mine that were signed in Q3.
    Spoke to the dealer today about adding some options to my M40i order, it seems adding any packs would mean they have to go through a new finance quote, which will then be at 3.9% APR ( which in my case adds another £1000 to the overall cost). Oh well, I was happy with the base spec 6 weeks ago :rofl:

    He also confirmed that the HUD is "Temporarily Unavailable" across the BMW range, but couldn't say when that might change.
    Currently Zedless
    G29 M40i - Misano Blue - on order since September 2021
    E89 sDrive 20i M Sport - Sapphire Black - Sold August 2021
    E89 sDrive 20i Roadster - Crimson Red - Sold 2018
    E85 2.0i Sport - Stratus Grey - Sold 2014

    ori
    Member
    Member
    Posts: 353
    Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:04 pm

    BMW Finance APR Increased

    Post by ori » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:10 pm

    That’s strange is HUD is still available to order on the m40i.

    User avatar
    blaster1956
    Newbie
    Newbie
    Posts: 41
    Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:34 pm
    Location: Warwickshire

    BMW Finance APR Increased

    Post by blaster1956 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:17 pm

    ori wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:10 pm That’s strange is HUD is still available to order on the m40i.
    Yeah very odd. I'm sure those already in build will be fine regardless :wink:
    Currently Zedless
    G29 M40i - Misano Blue - on order since September 2021
    E89 sDrive 20i M Sport - Sapphire Black - Sold August 2021
    E89 sDrive 20i Roadster - Crimson Red - Sold 2018
    E85 2.0i Sport - Stratus Grey - Sold 2014

    User avatar
    blaster1956
    Newbie
    Newbie
    Posts: 41
    Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:34 pm
    Location: Warwickshire

    BMW Finance APR Increased

    Post by blaster1956 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:38 am

    blaster1956 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:17 pm
    ori wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:10 pm That’s strange is HUD is still available to order on the m40i.
    Yeah very odd. I'm sure those already in build will be fine regardless :wink:
    Bit the bullet yesterday and requested dealer to add Tech Pack and Driving Assistance to my order - both packs were added successfully, including HUD.
    Currently Zedless
    G29 M40i - Misano Blue - on order since September 2021
    E89 sDrive 20i M Sport - Sapphire Black - Sold August 2021
    E89 sDrive 20i Roadster - Crimson Red - Sold 2018
    E85 2.0i Sport - Stratus Grey - Sold 2014

    ori
    Member
    Member
    Posts: 353
    Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:04 pm

    BMW Finance APR Increased

    Post by ori » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:27 pm

    blaster1956 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:38 am
    blaster1956 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:17 pm
    ori wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:10 pm That’s strange is HUD is still available to order on the m40i.
    Yeah very odd. I'm sure those already in build will be fine regardless :wink:
    Bit the bullet yesterday and requested dealer to add Tech Pack and Driving Assistance to my order - both packs were added successfully, including HUD.
    You won’t regret it. I think the tech pack is a must. Then again I added all the packets except the visibility pack even that I regret not adding.

    Post Reply