Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Have we just taken possession of the last Z4’s

Discussing the current generation Z4
Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:58 pm

ronk wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:31 pm I think there is a member on here who is considering mine?
You are mad Ron, there will be more than one thinking of buying yours, I would have it in a heart beat if I could afford it :D

Go for it mate and you could even sell the production slot if need be, there will be a que based on the lack of supply right now (assuming you don't do anything silly with the spec) :thumbsup:
Last edited by Ole gits rule on Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:16 pm

I’m waiting of a phone call from the dealer who’s given me a written quote for a car. I need some re assurance that I will be able to have a car in the springtime.

Spec wise, I’ve ticked all the boxes except shadow line. I just can’t get my head around black wheels.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:31 pm

ronk wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:16 pm I’m waiting of a phone call from the dealer who’s given me a written quote for a car. I need some re assurance that I will be able to have a car in the springtime.

Spec wise, I’ve ticked all the boxes except shadow line. I just can’t get my head around black wheels.
I am sure one will be available in the Spring - cant see production being discontinued.

Also not a lover of black wheels, they loose definition to me, look best on white cars .
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

gusTaco

Post by gusTaco » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:33 pm

My guess would be there's an LCI model coming soon?

Hope they have not discontinued as I am planning to get one next year !

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:57 pm

gusTaco wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:33 pm My guess would be there's an LCI model coming soon?
Gus, I asked the lci question before ordering mine a few months ago as I was actually hoping the lci might add more colours and if there was going to be I might’ve held off. Was told no, no intention atm of an lci on the G29.

Along with you, and others, I’m hoping this is only a temporary blip and CarWow have got it wrong :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:04 pm

Too soon for an LCI I think, normally LCI models come after around 4 years or so. On another note these G29s are beginning to grow on me. I had one behind me on the motorway today and couldn't help but thinking it looked pretty cool in my rear view and when it went past it definitely looked good especially the rear end and rear three quarters. Standing outside the car I am still not 100% on the front end. Saying that I think this would be my perfectly specced (exterior) G29:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzLQUKZ ... nel=RoCars
    2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:23 pm

Silverstar wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:04 pm Too soon for an LCI I think, normally LCI models come after around 4 years or so. On another note these G29s are beginning to grow on me. I had one behind me on the motorway today and couldn't help but thinking it looked pretty cool in my rear view and when it went past it definitely looked good especially the rear end and rear three quarters. Standing outside the car I am still not 100% on the front end. Saying that I think this would be my perfectly specced (exterior) G29:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzLQUKZ ... nel=RoCars
    Everything going to plan that’s our next one in that exact spec (black wheels not diamond cut) Dealer option £16k :oops:

If it turns out we can’t get a new one we’re considering getting the current one done. My question, which I’ve not had an answer too is that if I get this conversion AC provide 3 yr warranty. What happens after that if I want to keep BMWs warranty from them on

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

chasBMW

Post by chasBMW » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:26 pm

blaster1956 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:53 am
      john-e89 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:47 am
      blaster1956 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:38 am

That’s the exact position I’m in, I’ve crystallised the value in my E89 and now await patiently to see when/if my M40 arrives!
      We’re you given any estimate time Blaster…?
      No they couldn’t give me any idea at all. Apparently the chip shortage is causing carnage, with many cars they had due to be delivered in September now being delayed indefinitely.
      Pretty much the same with Boxster's apparently people are being told if its on order you wont being seeing it this year & if want to place a new order it Q4 next year delivery
      Valencia Orange 35is now gone but well remembered now Porsche Boxster GTS

chasBMW

Post by chasBMW » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:29 pm

tiglon wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:09 pm Probably a mistake, or ambiguous and just referring to a specific spec or version. However, I can believe that it could be true. BMW aren't selling many, yet there are still huge wait times which suggests they are allocating very little of their manufacturing capacity to the Z4. Perhaps they made enough from the Toyota deal to not need to keep on selling the Z4? I suspect the G29 only happened because of that deal.

With the chip shortage, it could be that BMW have decided to focus on selling as many of their core future range as possible and are dropping a model that they planned to discontinue for good in a couple of years anyway.

We all know that roadsters are a dying breed, maybe the extinction is coming sooner than we thought. :x
      Your last sentence whilst true just makes me sad
      Valencia Orange 35is now gone but well remembered now Porsche Boxster GTS

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:36 pm

chasBMW wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:26 pm Pretty much the same with Boxster's apparently people are being told if its on order you wont being seeing it this year & if want to place a new order it Q4 next year delivery
      We test drove one Aug 1st. Were told the Q1 2023 delivery (if we were lucky)
      chasBMW wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:29 pm Your last sentence whilst true just makes me sad
      Me too :cry: , that’s why I started the thread to see if anyone had any more information

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:17 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:23 pm Everything going to plan that’s our next one in that exact spec (black wheels not diamond cut) Dealer option £16k
        What do you get for 16K, is it just exterior body styling and wheels? Or does it also include drivetrain upgrades?

Argyll Andy
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:19 pm

Silverstar wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:17 pm
        Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:23 pm Everything going to plan that’s our next one in that exact spec (black wheels not diamond cut) Dealer option £16k
        What do you get for 16K, is it just exterior body styling and wheels? Or does it also include drivetrain upgrades?
        All of that plus adjustable suspension, exhaust, 400 bhp remap and other things. Can’t find the link to let you see what it is exactly. If I find it I’ll repost.

sars
          Lifer
          Lifer

Post by sars » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:11 pm

ori wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:45 pm Mine arrives next month…….probably. ;)
          Had a call from Emily at BMW Boston to update me on mine, she’d had to call fifteen customers this morning to tell them that their cars are delayed to March next year…..

She then said that mine was fixed for production last week in September so delivery, end of October, fingers crossed :thumbsup: :driving:
          Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
          Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:15 pm

sars wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:11 pm
          Had a call from Emily at BMW Boston to update me on mine, she’d had to call fifteen customers this morning to tell them that their cars are delayed to March next year…..

She then said that mine was fixed for production last week in September so delivery, end of October, fingers crossed :thumbsup: :driving:
          So more then likely they are not discontinuing the G29, just delayed production as with any other car right now.

ori

Post by ori » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:03 pm

sars wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:11 pm

That’s great news for you! I’m concerned about my one though. Mine is supposed to be delivered end of October but is produced slightly later than yours. I think because of delivery distance?