Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Brexit woes

Discussing the current generation Z4
SAM_MORSE

Brexit woes

Post by SAM_MORSE » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:43 am

So im getting new Z4 next week, BMW is german & when I do a search for accessories I get to view a lot of german sites with stuff I want, the only problem is because of brexit they won't deliver outside of europe to the UK, i take it there is no way to get round this apart from the drastic action of relocating to the continent or ireland?

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Brexit woes

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:13 am

I’ve experienced this a bit with my new Zed.

One of the things I’ve noticed is that there’s now more resellers on eBay etc who can supply the goods and deal with the import etc. But of course add a premium for doing this.

I’ve bought the same type of item for my last 2 Zeds so went straight back to buy for my new one. Got a very friendly and polite response saying unfortunately due to brexit they no longer supply the U.K. I found the same item on eBay from a British seller, £123 dearer than buying directly :thumbsdown:

Previously the U.K. seller had been within 10 pounds or so. I know the U.K. supplier will now have additional cost for brexit so may not be making any additional profit

The couple of accessories I did buy I bought from BMW direct

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

ronk
    Lifer
    Lifer

Brexit woes

Post by ronk » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:52 pm

(Sam_Morse)

Do you have any friends in Germany who could buy then ship onto you?
    You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
    So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

SAM_MORSE

Brexit woes

Post by SAM_MORSE » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:49 pm

Nope, frustrating how the germans won't deliver to UK, i wonder if other EU countries will follow suit & then we won't be able to buy anything