Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Remaps, Plug-ins and other modifications...

Discussing the current generation Z4
raven

Post by raven » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:19 pm

I've had a software tune on mine (in belgium around 600Euro) done by a reputable company.
My car has been running at about 430Horsepower and 666 Torque (668 or something but 6 is easier to remember) :-)
2019 BMW Z4 G29 M40i @600hp - IG: ZZZZ_M40i

Yorkshire_Z4M40i

Post by Yorkshire_Z4M40i » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:25 pm

raven wrote: ↑Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:19 pm I've had a software tune on mine (in belgium around 600Euro) done by a reputable company.
My car has been running at about 430Horsepower and 666 Torque (668 or something but 6 is easier to remember) :-)
I like the sound of the Bhp figure, but the torque figure at 666 sounds a bit ominous to me! Haha

As for the map though, how long have you had it, have you noticed any issues with the car, has it changed mpg much and any issues with BMW warranty or dealership issues at all? Cheers (and sorry for all questions!).
Current: Z4 M40i in Misano Blue - All packs & full Xpel PPF fitted

Fondly remembered: VW Golf R DSG in Limestone Grey, BMW 220D M Sport in Black Sapphire & Mercedes A200 AMG Night Edition in South Sea Blue

Definitely forgotten: A few clangers πŸ˜…

raven

Post by raven » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:39 pm

Yorkshire_Z4M40i wrote: ↑Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:25 pm
raven wrote: ↑Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:19 pm I've had a software tune on mine (in belgium around 600Euro) done by a reputable company.
I like the sound of the Bhp figure, but the torque figure at 666 sounds a bit ominous to me! Haha

As for the map though, how long have you had it, have you noticed any issues with the car, has it changed mpg much and any issues with BMW warranty or dealership issues at all? Cheers (and sorry for all questions!).
I got the exhaust emptied too car sounds great now.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NOWfdz ... sp=sharing

I did it when I had the car for about 6months i think at around 10K KM.
Its difficult to say if the impact on fuel economy is big, corona happened and all my drives now are for fun instead of for work, so the foot is a little heavier on the gas pedal these days, also changed to wider tires so its hard to compare.
Its optimized for e5 fuel now, so in theory it should run more economical when driving normally.

I've had the car a few times at BMW, for things like front bumper replacement, maintenance, tire changes, satnav software updates. So far they haven't said anything about my tune or warranty ( I remove the tune before I go, and get it put back afterwards 60 euro each time, but worth it in my opinion)

To be honest I don't care much about the warranty if the engine breaks down the only thing that wont be under warranty is the engine. And waiting until the warranty expires, is still the same story, if the engine dies, you still have to pay for it. It would definitely suck if that happened, but that's why you look for some reputable companies that know what they are doing, so chances of that happening are a little smaller :)

Obs-Com

Post by Obs-Com » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:18 pm

Does sound good though! πŸ‘
2011-14: E89 2.3sDrive
2014-16: E89 35is - Valencia Orange X2 (gone but not forgotten)
2016-17: F33 440i
2017-17: E85 2.5si
2017-19: F87 M2 - Long Beach Blue DCT (Stunning)
2019-23: G29 M40i First Edition (more stunning than the M2)
2023-??: G23 M440i

Yorkshire_Z4M40i

Post by Yorkshire_Z4M40i » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:40 am

raven wrote: ↑Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:39 pm
Yorkshire_Z4M40i wrote: ↑Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:25 pm

I got the exhaust emptied too car sounds great now.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NOWfdz ... sp=sharing

I did it when I had the car for about 6months i think at around 10K KM.
Its difficult to say if the impact on fuel economy is big, corona happened and all my drives now are for fun instead of for work, so the foot is a little heavier on the gas pedal these days, also changed to wider tires so its hard to compare.
Its optimized for e5 fuel now, so in theory it should run more economical when driving normally.

I've had the car a few times at BMW, for things like front bumper replacement, maintenance, tire changes, satnav software updates. So far they haven't said anything about my tune or warranty ( I remove the tune before I go, and get it put back afterwards 60 euro each time, but worth it in my opinion)

To be honest I don't care much about the warranty if the engine breaks down the only thing that wont be under warranty is the engine. And waiting until the warranty expires, is still the same story, if the engine dies, you still have to pay for it. It would definitely suck if that happened, but that's why you look for some reputable companies that know what they are doing, so chances of that happening are a little smaller :)
Thanks for sharing this nformation, it's much appreciated! It is definitely something I think I'll keep thinking about for the future. Your Z4 looks and sounds great too by the way πŸ‘

Fondly remembered: VW Golf R DSG in Limestone Grey, BMW 220D M Sport in Black Sapphire & Mercedes A200 AMG Night Edition in South Sea Blue

raven

Post by raven » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:12 pm

Yorkshire_Z4M40i wrote: ↑Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:40 am
Thanks for sharing this nformation, it's much appreciated! It is definitely something I think I'll keep thinking about for the future. Your Z4 looks and sounds great too by the way πŸ‘
no problem at all :)
Thank you, it looks totally different now, last year someone hit my front bumper, and since repairs took so long I decided to rewrap the entire car :)

Yorkshire_Z4M40i

Post by Yorkshire_Z4M40i » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:26 pm

raven wrote: ↑Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:12 pm
Yorkshire_Z4M40i wrote: ↑Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:40 am
no problem at all :)
Thank you, it looks totally different now, last year someone hit my front bumper, and since repairs took so long I decided to rewrap the entire car :)
I cant lie mate, I saw your IG tag in your signature so gave you a follow... The wrap on your latest pictures looks great... Something really different and striking, that I've not seen on many cars before πŸ‘

raven

Post by raven » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:52 am

Yorkshire_Z4M40i wrote: ↑Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:26 pm I cant lie mate, I saw your IG tag in your signature so gave you a follow... The wrap on your latest pictures looks great... Something really different and striking, that I've not seen on many cars before πŸ‘
Thanks, it was stressful to decide on something like this without seeing it on a 3d model.
But I'm very happy with the result. The width of the hood causes problems for some wrapping foils since the rolls they come on are only 1m50 and the hood of the car is a lot wider than that, and not all foils stretch as good, and then you would have a cutting mark in the middle of the car, so I decided to try and play with it a little, instead of doing a simple racing stripe or picking a color that would stretch better without marks :)

Yorkshire_Z4M40i

Post by Yorkshire_Z4M40i » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:42 pm

raven wrote: ↑Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:52 am
Yorkshire_Z4M40i wrote: ↑Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:26 pm I cant lie mate, I saw your IG tag in your signature so gave you a follow... The wrap on your latest pictures looks great... Something really different and striking, that I've not seen on many cars before πŸ‘
Thanks, it was stressful to decide on something like this without seeing it on a 3d model.
But I'm very happy with the result. The width of the hood causes problems for some wrapping foils since the rolls they come on are only 1m50 and the hood of the car is a lot wider than that, and not all foils stretch as good, and then you would have a cutting mark in the middle of the car, so I decided to try and play with it a little, instead of doing a simple racing stripe or picking a color that would stretch better without marks :)
Aw yeah I can imagine the bonnet/hood size could cause problems. Although having said that, I didn't have any problems with my recent PPF wrap.

But yeah the wrap you chose looks mega... I'm guessing you get lots of admiration and comments on it, while out and about?

raven

Post by raven » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:50 pm

Yorkshire_Z4M40i wrote: ↑Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:42 pm But yeah the wrap you chose looks mega... I'm guessing you get lots of admiration and comments on it, while out and about?
I think PPF comes on bigger rolls.
I get more people coming up to talk to me about it, compared to the previous wrap for sure :-)

Yorkshire_Z4M40i

Post by Yorkshire_Z4M40i » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:18 pm

raven wrote: ↑Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:50 pm
Yorkshire_Z4M40i wrote: ↑Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:42 pm But yeah the wrap you chose looks mega... I'm guessing you get lots of admiration and comments on it, while out and about?
I think PPF comes on bigger rolls.
I get more people coming up to talk to me about it, compared to the previous wrap for sure :-)
Aww ok that explains it then πŸ‘ Haha nice... I like those types of conversations. I definitely find the new Z4 gets a fair bit of attention when out and about 😊πŸ”₯

raven

Post by raven » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:57 pm

Yorkshire_Z4M40i wrote: ↑Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:18 pm Aww ok that explains it then πŸ‘ Haha nice... I like those types of conversations. I definitely find the new Z4 gets a fair bit of attention when out and about 😊πŸ”₯
Yes the Z4 on its own also attracts a lot of attention. I like that too when you get someone that comes up to you just to talk about cars, always fun :)