Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Options missing & not available

Discussing the current generation Z4
Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:09 pm

john-e89 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:54 pm
raven wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:49 pm Mineral grey would look great :)
i'm thinking about something green or dark red metallic
Porsche are doing an Aventurine green, pretty nice colour, would suit the G29 I think.
That’s the colour Kathleen had on the configurator the other day as she thought it was grey. When I pointed out that it was green she changed it to slate grey, which was very similar :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:14 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:09 pm
    john-e89 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:54 pm
    raven wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:49 pm Mineral grey would look great :)
    i'm thinking about something green or dark red metallic
    Porsche are doing an Aventurine green, pretty nice colour, would suit the G29 I think.
    That’s the colour Kathleen had on the configurator the other day as she thought it was grey. When I pointed out that it was green she changed it to slate grey, which was very similar :thumbsup:
    Agate grey Andy….being Mr pedantic… :lol:

In good light it does look grey tbh, hard to tell the difference but once the sun is off it it really shines it’s colour. Not sure I’d order it though, toss up between guards red and agate grey.
    M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
    E89 35is
    G29

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:40 pm

john-e89 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:14 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:09 pm
    john-e89 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:54 pm Porsche are doing an Aventurine green, pretty nice colour, would suit the G29 I think.

In good light it does look grey tbh, hard to tell the difference but once the sun is off it it really shines it’s colour. Not sure I’d order it though, toss up between guards red and agate grey.
    Wouldn’t expect anything different :wink: and my own bl00dy fault for guessing the name rather than checking :oops:

The green is nice I just wonder how it’d be resale time, would it end up a marmite colour. Won’t be red anyway if OH has her way, and you know how that normally goes :lol: . I like the Genitian Blue, Lava Orange, Racing Yellow and Python Green but out of them the only outside chance is the blue but even then it’s an outside chance :tumbleweed:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Nanu
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Nanu » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:00 pm

john-e89 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:26 pm Struggling to understand why BMW don’t offer these on a premium roadster:

High end Hifi…ie, Burmester for those that like a very good system
      Cooled seats…why oh why not offer these
      A much wider range of exterior colours

Other than these no issues personally…mega comfy torquey roady with excellent handling. Really liking it. :driving:

((Hopefully the doom gloom ultra serious don’t dare say anything remotely negative about our ultra serious better than sex G29 brigade don't take offence. :)

Actually f**k ‘em…I don’t give two shites…. :lol: )
      Yikes! You will be saying it's as good as the 35is next :poke:
      G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
      E89 35is Valencia Orange
      E89 28i Crimson
      E89 25i White

john-e89
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:10 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:40 pm
      john-e89 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:14 pm
      Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:09 pm That’s the colour Kathleen had on the configurator the other day as she thought it was grey. When I pointed out that it was green she changed it to slate grey, which was very similar :thumbsup:

Wouldn’t expect anything different :wink: and my own bl00dy fault for guessing the name rather than checking :oops:

The green is nice I just wonder how it’d be resale time, would it end up a marmite colour. Won’t be red anyway if OH has her way, and you know how that normally goes :lol: . I like the Genitian Blue, Lava Orange, Racing Yellow and Python Green but out of them the only outside chance is the blue but even then it’s an outside chance :tumbleweed:
      Ooooh Genition blue…that really does suit the 718, and yes agreed on resale of the Aventuirne green, might be a very limited audience :?

Python, orange, yellow…???? :o Have a word with yourself Andrew….!! :poke:
      MR2 MK 2
      E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
      E89 35is
      G29

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:12 pm

john-e89 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:10 pm
      john-e89 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:14 pm Agate grey Andy….being Mr pedantic… :lol:

Ooooh Genition blue…that really does suit the 718, and yes agreed on resale of the Aventuirne green, might be a very limited audience :?

I’ve decided to be less shy and retiring :wink:

john-e89
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:15 pm

Nanu wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:00 pm
        john-e89 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:26 pm Struggling to understand why BMW don’t offer these on a premium roadster:

High end Hifi…ie, Burmester for those that like a very good system
        Cooled seats…why oh why not offer these
        A much wider range of exterior colours

Other than these no issues personally…mega comfy torquey roady with excellent handling. Really liking it. :driving:

((Hopefully the doom gloom ultra serious don’t dare say anything remotely negative about our ultra serious better than sex G29 brigade don't take offence. :)

Actually f**k ‘em…I don’t give two shites…. :lol: )
        Yikes! You will be saying it's as good as the 35is next :poke:
        Better than….. :poke: :wink:

But then you’d chuffing hope so wouldn’t you….. :lol:

Joking apart, and in all seriousness, apart from some toys, and if you do some careful suspension tweaks, you’d have to really want a G29 to bother to change from a 35i / is.
        MR2 MK 2
        E89 35is
        G29

john-e89
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:17 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:12 pm
        john-e89 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:10 pm

:o :o

An ex doorman Scot in a skirt…?? How shy and retiring could you be….?? :poke: :wink:
        MR2 MK 2
        E89 35is
        G29

Scubaregs
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:19 pm

My old 718, Sapphire blue.
        7E627EF5-D5F1-4EB9-9EE5-438ED11BF112_1_105_c.jpeg
        7E627EF5-D5F1-4EB9-9EE5-438ED11BF112_1_105_c.jpeg (220.61 KiB) Viewed 583 times
        Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
        Image Image

john-e89
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:43 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:19 pm My old 718, Sapphire blue.

Luuuuuurrrvely….and the right wheels too. :thumbsup:

Why did you get rid Scuba..?
        MR2 MK 2
        E89 35is
        G29

Argyll Andy
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:01 pm

That is lovely :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
          Lifer
          Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:04 pm

john-e89 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:17 pm
          Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:12 pm
          john-e89 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:10 pm Ooooh Genition blue…that really does suit the 718, and yes agreed on resale of the Aventuirne green, might be a very limited audience :?

:o :o

An ex doorman Scot in a skirt…?? How shy and retiring could you be….?? :poke: :wink:
          To use one of your phrases……………… bollocks you :P

Scubaregs
            Lifer
            Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:25 pm

john-e89 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:43 pm

We were trying to buy a holiday condo in Barbados, market was buoyant for selling, car was being used one shift in four for work, picking Lynn up and the occasional fun run. Lynn will happily go fast in a straight line, but not in the twisties.

Bought new three years ago, had a DD Corsa as I could not put 12,000 miles pa on the 718. Had £1200 of warranty work last year, warranty was up this year so I would have to have bought an extended warranty. That would be £60 pm, then the four year service next June at least £1200 so was looking at £2000 to keep her another year and get very little use from her. I'm a biker, bike goes out for fun if I'm solo, not car.

Purchase of property fell through and for various reasons we have decided to leave it, probably till retirement. So had the cash from the Porsche sitting in the bank and was fed up driving the corsa. :lol:

Realised with, hopefully, only a couple of years till retirement could now get away with running just one car. No point going back to a Porsche as Lynn simply does not like being a passenger for that type of driving. Saw a G29 Z4 and really liked it and realised it was a far better fit for what we wanted. Bonus is servicing is far less expensive than the Porsche and fuel economy when sitting in Comfort mode going to work is as good as the Corsa.

Sorry, but you did ask! :D

Image Image

john-e89
            Lifer
            Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:50 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:25 pm
            john-e89 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:43 pm

We were trying to buy a holiday condo in Barbados, market was buoyant for selling, car was being used one shift in four for work, picking Lynn up and the occasional fun run. Lynn will happily go fast in a straight line, but not in the twisties.

Bought new three years ago, had a DD Corsa as I could not put 12,000 miles pa on the 718. Had £1200 of warranty work last year, warranty was up this year so I would have to have bought an extended warranty. That would be £60 pm, then the four year service next June at least £1200 so was looking at £2000 to keep her another year and get very little use from her. I'm a biker, bike goes out for fun if I'm solo, not car.

Purchase of property fell through and for various reasons we have decided to leave it, probably till retirement. So had the cash from the Porsche sitting in the bank and was fed up driving the corsa. :lol:

Realised with, hopefully, only a couple of years till retirement could now get away with running just one car. No point going back to a Porsche as Lynn simply does not like being a passenger for that type of driving. Saw a G29 Z4 and really liked it and realised it was a far better fit for what we wanted. Bonus is servicing is far less expensive than the Porsche and fuel economy when sitting in Comfort mode going to work is as good as the Corsa.

Sorry, but you did ask! :D
            Please don’t apologises Scuba….I got through war and peace while you wrote that…always wondered what it was like… :thumbsup:

:wink:
            MR2 MK 2
            E89 35is
            G29

Scubaregs
            Lifer
            Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:54 pm

Erm, that was just the first instalment. :D

Image Image