Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Future owner of stock car - year of ownership.

Discussing the current generation Z4
Roadster_Surrey

Future owner of stock car - year of ownership.

Post by Roadster_Surrey » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:12 pm

Looks like I will be joining the fold soon. Ordered stock car via Zen Auto in their leasing promotion. A bit accidental thing, like with most of my leases.

From skimming the forum, I see most people order the car to their spec or looking for perfect spec. I will be taking delivery of poverty spec 20i M-Sport Pro in red with black leather. I would love Ivory interior, but there was no choice. Had a choice of colours: black, blue or red. Hate black cars, blue not my favourite shade, so chose red. I test drove nicely specced white car from Croydon dealership, but I should be able to live without extra options on my car. However, I was surprised that Wind Deflector is not standard option and already read that fitting it requires extra part.

Z4 will replace Abarth 124 Spider and I'm sure I will miss the sound of Monza exhaust. I was going to keep it, but prices of used cars went crazy and it's suddenly very expensive to buy it from leasing company. Before Abarth, I had 2 x SLK55, SLK250 and was also frequent passenger in previous Z4 model (2.5 and 3.5), so roadsters are my standard second cars.

Not sure about exact delivery date, somewhere in August or maybe September. Car is supposedly in UK already.
Last edited by Roadster_Surrey on Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkB01

Future owner of stock car.

Post by MarkB01 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:25 pm

If the car is in the UK already, I'm surprised it will take so long to get (but then I don't know the British auto business). Note, that for those that have ordered spec cars, many are seeing delays due to the chip shortage. But I would not think that would hit a low spec car like you describe.

Have fun with it. It's a great car.
2000 Z3 2.3 - Owned 17 years, sold at 101,000 miles
2016 Audi TT 2.0T Roadster - Sold at 30,000 miles
2021 Z4 M40i - Puttin on the miles...

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:11 pm

I was expecting a photo of a wright off painted bright green racing around a dirt track. :D

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:
Last edited by buzyg on Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:18 pm

Hi and welcome aboard. :thumbsup:

That's a long wait if the car is already in the UK - hopefully you will get it a bit sooner!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:19 pm

Hello nd welcome, still a very nice car to own and drive :thumbsup:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

lazerium

Post by lazerium » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:26 pm

Hello! Like you I spotted the Zen leasing offer so looking forward to being back in the fold with Zed No.3! :D

I ordered online so haven’t spoken to Zen and have nothing other than a “Your Order Is Progressing” email and paid the £99 fee. Given the (seemingly amazing) price I have wondered if it’s even genuine!
Soon: 2021- G29 M40i, Sapphire Black & Black
Gone: 2010-2016 E89 23i, DSB & Ivory White
Gone: 2007-2010 E85 3.0si, Carbon Black

Roadster_Surrey

Post by Roadster_Surrey » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:13 pm

I talked to the lady on a first day of promotion, to make sure it's not price error and she told me it's a factory order 10-12 weeks, pre-configured slots, so no spec changes possible. Someone said that there were 17 cars available.

Then, I talked to the guy before signing the contract, to get some more info about estimated delivery and he said that cars are already in some PDI Centre in the South of England, will be transported to the dealer and the dealer will contact me with delivery info.

I need some advance notice before delivery anyway, to remove private plate from Abarth and let leasing company know, that I'm returning it. A bit of delay is fine for me.

Ian J

Post by Ian J » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:32 am

Roadster_Surrey wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:12 pm
I will be taking delivery of poverty spec 20i M-Sport Pro in red with black leather.
Welcome to the exclusive poverty specced 2.0i M Sport club :)

Mine is also red with black leather

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:55 am

lazerium wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:26 pm Hello! Like you I spotted the Zen leasing offer so looking forward to being back in the fold with Zed No.3! :D

I ordered online so haven’t spoken to Zen and have nothing other than a “Your Order Is Progressing” email and paid the £99 fee. Given the (seemingly amazing) price I have wondered if it’s even genuine!
If it’s not an existing car or order I think you may struggle to see an M40i this year. I spoke to my dealer about a possible order for a new one last Monday an he said the next slot available for them for an M40i is 01/22 unless a cancellation of an order by another dealership occurs.

Have no idea about the 20/30i’s

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Roadster_Surrey

Post by Roadster_Surrey » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:56 pm

There was choice of all 3 engines, but don't know how many of each cars. m40i had much better spec and some options, but wasn't such a bargain for 2 years lease and I never go for 3 years. These were definitely locked spec cars so either in stock or existing build slots. Maybe some cancelled orders.

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:35 pm

:thumbsup: Must be existing cars

My car took 11 days from arrival at the PDI centre in the SE England to dealers but they said it was a couple of days longer because they don’t run transporters to Scotland as regularly.

Hope yours arrives soon and you can take advantage of the good weather :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

lazerium

Post by lazerium » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:25 pm

When I ordered there were 14 available, but they went within the day. Just the choice of black or white with black interior. It’s said it a pre-ordered factory car with delivery in 8-10 weeks.

Mine (if it arrives) is base M40i spec with just the comfort pack added.

I went for 4 years (8,000 miles) for £360/month + £2.5k deposit which seemed like good value to me, especially as it includes the road tax.
      Soon: 2021- G29 M40i, Sapphire Black & Black
      Gone: 2010-2016 E89 23i, DSB & Ivory White
      Gone: 2007-2010 E85 3.0si, Carbon Black

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:41 pm

lazerium wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:25 pm When I ordered there were 14 available, but they went within the day. Just the choice of black or white with black interior. It’s said it a pre-ordered factory car with delivery in 8-10 weeks.

I went for 4 years (8,000 miles) for £360/month + £2.5k deposit which seemed like good value to me, especially as it includes the road tax.
      They must be if the spec/colour can’t be changed

I’ll tell you what, that does seem like a bloody good deal, your deposit just about covers the tax for the 4 years and the monthly payments are a couple of hundred under what I’d expect :thumbsup:

Roll on its arrival :driving:

Ole gits rule
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:12 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:41 pm
        lazerium wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:25 pm When I ordered there were 14 available, but they went within the day. Just the choice of black or white with black interior. It’s said it a pre-ordered factory car with delivery in 8-10 weeks.

They must be if the spec/colour can’t be changed

I’ll tell you what, that does seem like a bloody good deal, your deposit just about covers the tax for the 4 years and the monthly payments are a couple of hundred under what I’d expect :thumbsup:

Roll on its arrival :driving:
        That bloody good we are paying only a few quid less for a DS3 crookback :|
        M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
        2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Ian J

Post by Ian J » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:27 am

Wow, that's a great deal. I never thought of leasing but now wish that I had. Does your figure include Vat or is that extra as I find it more tax effective to own or lease a car personally and charge mileage and whilst my company is Vat registered I'm not personally