Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

A few questions.??

Discussing the current generation Z4
BigDave

A few questions.??

Post by BigDave » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:18 pm

Hi folks.
Ive been lurking on and off for around 12 months, learning about the G29,s

Illl soon be on the hunt for a M40i to add to the stable,,, Yes i know the prices have risen, supply and demand etc etc...But hey ho.. The hunt maybee long and arduous... :roll: :roll:

I have a few questions for you learned folk.

I have a X5 40d F15, with HK audio, and i play my music through a Ipod touch,[6th gen], playlists etc etc,, does the G29 take the same ipod.
If not how do you folks play your music. Load up onto the hard drive or other.???

I ask this as i have a number of vehicles that up till recently i have used the older 5th gen ipod to good effect, but once getting the F15 X5 i found they didnt work, needing a newer "touch" 6th gen version. Something to do with newer tech computing systems.

Also, what the road tax on a 19 plate car going to cost me.?

Thanks in advance, Dave.

raven

A few questions.??

Post by raven » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:13 pm

Hi, i dont know about the ipod thing, if it needed a special bmw cable to work youll probably need a new one, i couldnt reuse my f30 cable in my f36.

Since my F36 i switched to apple carplay, this way you can stream the music straight from your iphone. The car also has a built in spotify option (at least here in Belgium, it might be a different provider in other countries).

I haven't missed the iPod at all since I made the switch.
Now with the M40i I have the music really low most of the time, so I can listen to the sound of the car, but that might change again once i have to go back to the office everyday and the driving stile gets more focused towards range again :)
2019 BMW Z4 G29 M40i @600hp - IG: ZZZZ_M40i

TheGingerOneNI

A few questions.??

Post by TheGingerOneNI » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:58 am

Again I've no idea about the iPod but with wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto available in iDrive OS 7 it's almost an none issue. The real question is how do you listen to music. If it's through iTunes or a streaming service you're going to be fine with Carplay or AA. If you have a large collection on hard disk then you could put it on a USB stick and plug that in. I actually have a load of MP4 movies on USB which I watch if the missus is a shop or I have to wait somewhere for some reason.

I also have my M40i for sale on Autotrader but I'm based in N.Ireland. The only reason I'm selling is I'm buying a new house and it would be nice to free up the capital just in case of unexpected costs. If you have questions about my car you can ring the advert number and I'll happily talk you through them.

Road tax is £41.56 per month.

Ssn765

A few questions.??

Post by Ssn765 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:31 am

I use 6th gen IPOD with lighting connection in my US spec z. No issues fully functional. Too lazy to transfer large collection to other formats and don't have a Apple phone so.....