Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW new "My BMW" app

Discussing the current generation Z4
PaperSniper

BMW new "My BMW" app

Post by PaperSniper » Sat May 29, 2021 2:04 pm

I have used the 'old' BMW Connected app on my android phone with our last few BMW cars. Overall it has worked fine for me. I use it to remote start my Z4 mainly, but also to check that the doors are locked when I can't remember, tire pressure, etc.

I got an email from BMW a week ago saying the Connected app was being retired, and it urged me to download the new My BMW app. I went to Google Playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... obile20.na to read reviews on that app, and found awful reviews! Has anyone here used that new app? I will not be downloading that app until the previous Connected app quits working.

Doug
2020 BMW Z4 M40i
Misano Blue, Premium, Leather
Need more curves in west Tennessee!

BeeEmm

BMW new "My BMW" app

Post by BeeEmm » Sat May 29, 2021 4:24 pm

The 'new' app is fine. I have never had any problem. Use it and if you find it is not what you want, delete it.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

earthdweller

BMW new "My BMW" app

Post by earthdweller » Sat May 29, 2021 4:57 pm

Yes the new one is “fine” and on a daily basis is probable easier to use but seems to have lost functionality

It no longer tells me my car needs a service but provides me a priced menu where I can book a service online

It also no longer shows me what “services” I have nor allow me to renew or cancel them or plan routes

Yet it does allow me to have more than one vehicle and switch between them

Pages that seem to be missing .. unless I’m
Just not looking in the right place
Attachments
0F499307-C9DB-435A-BE9B-0CE1D0603D2D.png
0F499307-C9DB-435A-BE9B-0CE1D0603D2D.png (302.88 KiB) Viewed 612 times
946A5C2A-CC5E-4D0A-B69A-6DAF4BFE5209.png
946A5C2A-CC5E-4D0A-B69A-6DAF4BFE5209.png (361.3 KiB) Viewed 612 times
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

Ian J

BMW new "My BMW" app

Post by Ian J » Sun May 30, 2021 6:50 am

PaperSniper wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:04 pm
I got an email from BMW a week ago saying the Connected app was being retired, and it urged me to download the new My BMW app. I went to Google Playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... obile20.na to read reviews on that app, and found awful reviews!
If I remember rightly the reviews on the BMW Connected app were awful too. I could never get it to work properly for me

raven

BMW new "My BMW" app

Post by raven » Sun May 30, 2021 8:50 am

I switch between both apps, i like the old one better, but all the functionality is available in the new app i think.

I dont like the new map thing, i used it a lot on the old app, it used to have a smalll overlay with your favorite adresses, now its hidden behind an extra button.

I also dont like how tiny they made the buttons and how they put the "horn" next to the "remote-ventilation" function.
Guaranteed phonedrop if you press the wrong button by accident :rofl:
earthdweller wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:57 pm It no longer tells me my car needs a service but provides me a priced menu where I can book a service online
the service thing has been moved to the upper left corner of the screen above the welcome message there is a small button check status or something like that, if you click that and go to the tab services then you get the messages.

I think some weird descisions were made compared to the previous app designwise, but it fits the theme they are going with on the new cars also I guess :)
2019 BMW Z4 G29 M40i @600hp - IG: ZZZZ_M40i

PaperSniper

BMW new "My BMW" app

Post by PaperSniper » Sun May 30, 2021 1:03 pm

Thanks. I value everyone's input, which indicates the app is working well enough, at least for we well above average people who are smart enough to own a Z4! <g>. As I said in my original posting, my primary use of the Connected app was to remotely start my car, hopefully that will work. I recall that option may not be available outside the USA? If that works, and I can remotely lock the doors I will be satisfied. I don't need much more from the app.

I'll download the app and give it a try. If you don't hear from me, it means all is well........

Thanks again!
Doug
2020 BMW Z4 M40i
Misano Blue, Premium, Leather
Need more curves in west Tennessee!