Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

On its way, no it’s now arrived - Picture Heavy

Discussing the current generation Z4
Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:43 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:36 pm
Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:20 pm Some great pics buddy - every time you post I know that I need to do a trip to Scotland so going to get that planned in for certain, the roads and scenary look amazing :driving:

Car looks good and the colour is one of the two I would pick on a G29 :thumbsup:
Sean, get organising, you won’t regret it :driving:

As you know the colour choice was a longish process for us but can’t tell you how delighted we are with the blue, today at least 3 or 4 people said how lovely it was and how much it popped in the sun
I will be planning for a week next year - we could fly up and hire a camper as my daughter did a few weeks ago but I would rather drive and enjoy the trip in the Zed. :driving:

I would have been the same (see wheel thread), I typically go for blue or red cars but have had a few white lately (think it suites the e89) plus an Orange 208Gti - the blue on the G29 looks good to me, think I have seen 6 or more by me and all black or white and I am not certain they suite the G29 so much.

I think you will enjoy this one quite a bit - cant wait to read your thoughts on the car and the tech which will interest me :thumbsup:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:05 pm

Zforbes wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:37 pm Photo's look great Andy, Nice car, good company, excellent roads and beautiful scenery, you won't stop grinning until the road fund licence is
Cheers, everything was great :thumbsup:

Two comments on the RFL, one,you pair don’t seem to think I’ll have it that long :poke: :lol: and two, I don’t actually think it’s much more than the 35iS iirc and by the time it’s 5 years old it’s much cheaper, which the next owner will no doubt get the benefit of :wink:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

inkey$
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by inkey$ » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:07 pm

What a cracking looking car. Stunning :thumbsup:
    Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
    Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

Mr Tidy
    Legend
    Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:22 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:14 pm So that’s us home, what a fantastic weekend and a fantastic way to get to know the new car, I know I’m spoilt with the roads I have easy access to so a last few photos of the end of our trip
    You certainly are lucky to live near roads like that!

Every time someone posts photos like yours I keep wanting to plan another trip North of the border. :lol:
    Coupes because stunning!
    Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
    Gone - Montego Blue
    Gone - Ruby Black

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:23 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:43 pm will be planning for a week next year - we could fly up and hire a camper as my daughter did a few weeks ago but I would rather drive and enjoy the trip in the Zed.
    Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:43 pm think you will enjoy this one quite a bit - cant wait to read your thoughts on the car and the tech which will interest me
    I have to say, not doing it in the Z4 would be a mistake IMHO, it just adds greatly to the trip :thumbsup:

I will give a rundown on the general findings and the tech when I get time but as I’ve mentioned the active cruise is the hands down winner so far

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:44 pm

inkey$ wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:07 pm What a cracking looking car. Stunning :thumbsup:
      Cheers Inkey

Argyll Andy
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:46 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:22 pm
        Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:14 pm So that’s us home, what a fantastic weekend and a fantastic way to get to know the new car, I know I’m spoilt with the roads I have easy access to so a last few photos of the end of our trip
        You certainly are lucky to live near roads like that!

Every time someone posts photos like yours I keep wanting to plan another trip North of the border. :lol:
        Iain, as I said to Sean, go for it, you won’t be disappointed when you revisit :driving:

Nictrix
          Lifer
          Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:07 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:23 pm
          Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:43 pm will be planning for a week next year - we could fly up and hire a camper as my daughter did a few weeks ago but I would rather drive and enjoy the trip in the Zed.
          Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:43 pm think you will enjoy this one quite a bit - cant wait to read your thoughts on the car and the tech which will interest me
          I have to say, not doing it in the Z4 would be a mistake IMHO, it just adds greatly to the trip :thumbsup:

I will give a rundown on the general findings and the tech when I get time but as I’ve mentioned the active cruise is the hands down winner so far
          My X6 has active cruise and its the way cruise control should have been from the start. I always thought cruise control was annoying as you were always braking for slower cars or hitting traffic and then having to reset it.
          E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Ole gits rule
          Lifer
          Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:14 am

I totally agree about the zed - will definitely be doing it in the car, no point in having it if we don't do road trip in it. :D

Active cruise is great but also a nightmare when cars in front slow down for no reason and you don't realise - overall I like it though :thumbsup:
          2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Rickyxsara

Post by Rickyxsara » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:47 pm

Good luck and health to drive your new car. It is stunning.👍👍👍

Nictrix
          Lifer
          Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:59 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:14 am

I totally agree about the zed - will definitely be doing it in the car, no point in having it if we don't do road trip in it. :D

Active cruise is great but also a nightmare when cars in front slow down for no reason and you don't realise - overall I like it though :thumbsup:
          This is where active cruise works, if there are slower cars the car will slow down for you and keep a specified distance from the car in front.
          If the car in front speeds up the active cruise will take your car back to the set position without you having to touch a thing.
          It will also resume the set speed if you change lanes.
          Not sure on the Zs active cruise but my X6 will bring the car to a stop if there is traffic and if it moves again within 10 seconds or so it will move automatically all the way back up to the set speed.
          E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Ole gits rule
          Lifer
          Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:39 pm

Nictrix wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:59 pm
          Ole gits rule wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:14 am
          Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:23 pm I have to say, not doing it in the Z4 would be a mistake IMHO, it just adds greatly to the trip :thumbsup:

This is where active cruise works, if there are slower cars the car will slow down for you and keep a specified distance from the car in front.
          If the car in front speeds up the active cruise will take your car back to the set position without you having to touch a thing.
          It will also resume the set speed if you change lanes.
          Not sure on the Zs active cruise but my X6 will bring the car to a stop if there is traffic and if it moves again within 10 seconds or so it will move automatically all the way back up to the set speed.
          Fully understand active cruise functions, I use some single lane roads that are 50 / 60mph and all of a sudden the car in front slow down to 10mph to turn left and the DS seems to slam it brakes on - its almost like it is doing an emergency stop.

Generally on a motorway when it goes from 60 down to 50 then speeds up, its a great bit of tech, overall I do like it and would always spec it if available :D

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:14 pm

Had active cruise on my Volvo XC60 along with auto emergency stop and lane departure warning etc

On a sunny day a white van coming the opposite way would throw the systems into a hissy fit..

I see a number of companies have now abandoned their driverless vehicle initatives..

ronk
          Lifer
          Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:04 pm

Pbondar wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:14 pm I see a number of companies have now abandoned their driverless vehicle initatives..
          I don’t fancy the idea of driverless whatsoever- I’m probably not alone I suspect!
          You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
          So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
          Lifer
          Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:17 pm

Rickyxsara wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:47 pm Good luck and health to drive your new car. It is stunning.👍👍👍
          Thanks Ricky, any more word on when yours is arriving?