Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

On its way, no it’s now arrived - Picture Heavy

Discussing the current generation Z4
Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat May 22, 2021 10:48 am

Wyldie85 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:45 am Glad the deal is done and the countdown clock is ticking.
Congrats on your (soon to be) new arrival Andy and look forward to hearing all about it once you’re settled in and have run it in.
Thanks Daniel and thanks for all your help :thumbsup:

The weekend we pick it up we’ve got a 900+ mile trip planned so I’m hoping that’ll go a fair way to running it in :driving:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

ronk
    Lifer
    Lifer

On its way

Post by ronk » Sat May 22, 2021 11:00 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:48 am The weekend we pick it up we’ve got a 900+ mile trip planned so I’m hoping that’ll go a fair way to running it in :driving:
    That’s the best way to do it in my book :thumbsup:
    You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
    So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat May 22, 2021 11:10 am

Ian J wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:01 am
    Argyll Andy wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:25 pm
    I’ve been keeping an eye on the market for a well spec’d pre reg M40i. They were few and far between and the prices have been following the 35’s trend. Cars that were readily available 6-12 months ago with little or no miles and under £40k are no longer there and today the same vehicle, if you can find one, is £45/£46k if not more. One came on in the last few days at £49k but 5k miles. That’s very close to new money.
    I also looked at buying an ex demonstrator or pre reg car and I found one with a suitable spec and 10 miles on the clock at a substantial discount.

The problem is that if you are buying on finance BMW are talking about 9.9% and independents are about 5.9% but BMW subsidize the finance on new cars by offering finance at 2.9% which is a huge saving and I worked out that a brand new car at 2.9% was the same monthly cost as the pre registered car at a substantial discount so I went for the new one.

You are lucky with your build slot as I have to wait until the end of June for mine
    Hi Ian, we were very specific with the options packs we wanted (all basically) and there were a few already built and or pre registered but none had the combinations of colours and spec we wanted.

I tried Carwow (what a waste of time!) and a company called Broadspeed. I went directly to BMW asked them for a price. They came back with one and I told them I wasn’t prepared to pay what they said and that Broadspeed said they could provide at £xxx. He went onto Broadspeed while speaking to me on the phone, configured the car and agreed with what I had quoted as my prospective price. Asked me to give him 10 minutes, spoke to his manager and came back to me and was within a few hundred pounds of Broadspeed. It made no sense for me to buy a 2nd had one. I never spoke to or had any communication with Broadspeed so don’t know if they could supply the car either. My suspicions are they wouldn’t have been able to.

CarWow, don’t even get me started, said they could supply ANY car cheaper than anyone else. Emailed me every day to tel me this. Every time I put in a quote request I got a response within any hour saying “whoops, this is embarrassing, we can’t supply your car. Would you like a Mercedes or a Jaguar instead” :headbang:

The dealer I’m buying from traded an unsold X3 slot they had with an English dealer who had an unsold M40i slot. They can swop and change the whole build as long as it’s showing a green dot on the build system. As long as it’s green they can change everything except the model.

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat May 22, 2021 11:20 am

Obs-Com wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:32 am Should have gone for the Matte finish but other than that great choice which you will not regret. :wink:

I’ve had two 35is and the M40i is in a different class in all departments. I think it’s power is underrated by BMW. I’ll dig out a couple of comparison photos from my trips up the Stelvio Pass. :thumbsup:
      Obs, we were even still having that discussion on the test drive :headbang: our biggest thing is the car lives outside. We even went as far as getting a quote for a garage before the test drive as FG was still a strong possibility. We have shared access on the drive and it was touch and go if a big enough garage would fit. Even if it would it would have been bloody tight. Even spoke to Byron the night before about PPF so we were weighing everything up and as mentioned, we just decided when it came down to it it wasn’t for us.

I definitely think the power is understated and I’m not sure why but it did feel quicker/different to the 35iS.

Pictures would be good, alway appreciated :thumbsup:
      Last edited by Argyll Andy on Sat May 22, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Argyll Andy
        Lifer
        Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat May 22, 2021 11:23 am

Swiftly wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:50 am Congrats Andy :thumbsup: at least you don't have to wait to long before it arrives. Hope to meet up with you and the zed on a run at some point. :driving:
        Thanks Nick, the test route was fantastic, apart from my heavy foot and lack of petrol stations in the area :oops:

No, not too long to wait. Original date mooted was September :cry: but the trading of slots has worked a treat :thumbsup:

Yes, hoping to get on as many events as possible, car delivery and two children going to university allowing!!

Argyll Andy
          Lifer
          Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat May 22, 2021 11:24 am

Ole gits rule wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:26 am
          Argyll Andy wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:26 pm
          Ole gits rule wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:37 pm Well now you are out of the closet - nice choice of car, love the colour and not long to wait either.

Shame you had to leave the camper behind, think the G29 may be slightly quicker than the cav in a party frock :rofl: (Still dissing it and I had one as well)
          No not too long to wait :thumbsup:

:P Your party frock jibes, keep them coming :lol:
          Nice avatar - much more like it but I miss your green goddess :D
          A green goddess is a bloody fire engine :poke: :rofl:

Argyll Andy
            Lifer
            Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat May 22, 2021 11:32 am

ronk wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:00 am
            Argyll Andy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:48 am The weekend we pick it up we’ve got a 900+ mile trip planned so I’m hoping that’ll go a fair way to running it in :driving:
            That’s the best way to do it in my book :thumbsup:
            Absolutely Ron, Kathleen insisted that we pick it up and head off on a maiden voyage

The proposed route is roughly this. Between C and D will be viia the coast route and if the weather’s good and we’ve got time we’ll also include Skye. We will also probably go left after E to come down through Glen Coe but only if the suns out. Can’t get Google maps or AA to plot exactly but you’ll get the idea :driving:
            Attachments
            A5FAE8C3-F201-4FD0-A43D-D07C2BD2582C.jpeg
            A5FAE8C3-F201-4FD0-A43D-D07C2BD2582C.jpeg (131.15 KiB) Viewed 513 times

ronk
              Lifer
              Lifer

On its way

Post by ronk » Sat May 22, 2021 1:54 pm

Public transport to Edinburgh or have to been able get them to collect you both from home?
              Last edited by ronk on Sat May 22, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ole gits rule
              Lifer
              Lifer

On its way

Post by Ole gits rule » Sat May 22, 2021 1:54 pm

:P Your party frock jibes, keep them coming :lol:
              [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought she did keep fit for over 60's on itv :D :poke:
              M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
              2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Argyll Andy
              Lifer
              Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat May 22, 2021 3:15 pm

ronk wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:54 pm Public transport to Edinburgh or have to been able get them to collect you both from home?
              Not sure yet Ron, they have offered to pick us up but think we might have some stuff to do in Glasgow so might stay in the flat there and get picked up from there in the morning

Argyll Andy
                Lifer
                Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat May 22, 2021 3:16 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:54 pm :P Your party frock jibes, keep them coming :lol:
                [/quote]

[/quote]

I thought she did keep fit for over 60's on itv :D :poke:
                [/quote]

Well I can quite confidently say I didn’t know that, but then again I don’t watch tv for the over 60’s Sean :tumbleweed: :poke:

Ian J

On its way

Post by Ian J » Sat May 22, 2021 3:54 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:10 am

Hi Ian, we were very specific with the options packs we wanted (all basically) and there were a few already built and or pre registered but none had the combinations of colours and spec we wanted.

I tried Carwow (what a waste of time!)

CarWow, don’t even get me started, said they could supply ANY car cheaper than anyone else. Emailed me every day to tel me this. Every time I put in a quote request I got a response within any hour saying “whoops, this is embarrassing, we can’t supply your car. Would you like a Mercedes or a Jaguar instead” :headbang:
                  I like CarWow as I used them and they came up with a couple of dealers that offered a deep discount but were both miles away so I took the quotes in to my local BMW dealer who weren't on CarWow themselves but said they would match the price

Obs-Com

On its way

Post by Obs-Com » Sat May 22, 2021 4:05 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:20 am
                  Obs-Com wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:32 am Should have gone for the Matte finish but other than that great choice which you will not regret. :wink:

I’ve had two 35is and the M40i is in a different class in all departments. I think it’s power is underrated by BMW. I’ll dig out a couple of comparison photos from my trips up the Stelvio Pass. :thumbsup:
                  Obs, we were even still having that discussion on the test drive :headbang: our biggest thing is the car lives outside. We even went as far as getting a quote for a garage before the test drive as FG was still a strong possibility. We have shared access on the drive and it was touch and go if a big enough garage would fit. Even if it would it would have been bloody tight. Even spoke to Byron the night before about PPF so we were weighing everything up and as mentioned, we just decided when it came down to it it wasn’t for us.

I definitely think the power is understated and I’m not sure why but it did feel quicker/different to the 35iS.

Pictures would be good, alway appreciated :thumbsup:
                  Here you go Andy. Nice comparison shots of the 35is and the M40i on the Stelvio Pass in July 2015 and 2020.

Both photos taken coming up the East side of the Stelvio by Foto Stelvio. They have a photographer sat on one of the hairpins and its a nice reminder of any trip up the pass.
                  35is Italy 2015 (2).jpg
                  35is Italy 2015 (2).jpg (204.2 KiB) Viewed 478 times
                  2020-jul-20-stelvio-1-1430-1500-IMG_4568 (1).jpg
                  2020-jul-20-stelvio-1-1430-1500-IMG_4568 (1).jpg (193.63 KiB) Viewed 478 times
                  2011-14: E89 2.3sDrive
                  2014-16: E89 35is - Valencia Orange X2 (gone but not forgotten)
                  2016-17: F33 440i
                  2017-17: E85 2.5si
                  2017-19: F87 M2 - Long Beach Blue DCT (Stunning)
                  2019-23: G29 M40i First Edition (more stunning than the M2)
                  2023-??: G23 M440i

ronk
                  Lifer
                  Lifer

On its way

Post by ronk » Sat May 22, 2021 4:16 pm

What is that colour called please?

Argyll Andy
                  Lifer
                  Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat May 22, 2021 4:41 pm

Ian J wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:54 pm
                  Argyll Andy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:10 am

I tried Carwow (what a waste of time!)

I like CarWow as I used them and they came up with a couple of dealers that offered a deep discount but were both miles away so I took the quotes in to my local BMW dealer who weren't on CarWow themselves but said they would match the price
                  I must’ve submitted a dozen requests to Carwow and they never came back with any quotes. When I phoned them I said I’d consider nationwide for the right car/deal still nothing.

Looks like we both got the best deal going direct. I might’ve missed it somewhere but what one did you order?