Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

On its way, no it’s now arrived - Picture Heavy

Discussing the current generation Z4
Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:03 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:01 pm busy doing the bloody garden, time its finished, it will be sodding winter
That’s why heated seats are so important :wink:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:06 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:01 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:54 pm Fortunately for us, yes we’re still able to make a weekend of it the Covid restriction extension only effects England, we’re still mainly following our route plan. I’m still cautious about where we go anyway and the area we’re heading to has been, and is currently experiencing lower infection rates
    That sounds like a great weekend - enjoy. :driving:
    It’s a great way to familiarise ourselves with the new car Iain. It’ll see St. Andrews, the Cairngorms, Skye, Ullapool, Loch Ness and Glen Coe if everything goes to plan.

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Ole gits rule
      Lifer
      Lifer

On its way

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:12 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:06 pm
      Mr Tidy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:01 pm
      Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:54 pm Fortunately for us, yes we’re still able to make a weekend of it the Covid restriction extension only effects England, we’re still mainly following our route plan. I’m still cautious about where we go anyway and the area we’re heading to has been, and is currently experiencing lower infection rates
      That sounds like a great weekend - enjoy. :driving:
      It’s a great way to familiarise ourselves with the new car Iain. It’ll see St. Andrews, the Cairngorms, Skye, Ullapool, Loch Ness and Glen Coe if everything goes to plan.
      Thats sound like the trip I was planning for later in the year - get some pics buddy oh and you can put the car in a few of them if you want :rofl:

My Daughter is doing the NC500 this week - sending loads pop pics and it looks stunning up there :thumbsup:
      M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
      2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Ole gits rule
      Lifer
      Lifer

On its way

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:13 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:03 pm
      Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:01 pm busy doing the bloody garden, time its finished, it will be sodding winter
      That’s why heated seats are so important :wink:
      They are there just to ease the back pain of us ole farts :D
      2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Zforbes

On its way

Post by Zforbes » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:17 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:54 pm
      Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:28 pm Crickey that was bloody quick or is time flying - I would be counting the hours down now
      7 weeks Sean, you’ve not notice my signature then :lol:
      Zforbes wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:35 pm I'm sure it wasn't as quick for Andy, being Zedless is quite painful, I suffered for 8 weeks!

Andy,

You still planning the run-in long way home journey or has Covid regs kiboshed that?
      I have found it quite hard going, particularly when we’ve had a spell of really good weather.

Fortunately for us, yes we’re still able to make a weekend of it :thumbsup: the Covid restriction extension only effects England, we’re still mainly following our route plan. I’m still cautious about where we go anyway and the area we’re heading to has been, and is currently experiencing lower infection rates :driving:
      Excellent, wasn't sure what WJK changed the other week.

Needs to slow down near me, Ribble Valley was always one of the lowest rates in NW England due to population demographics, now we are 2nd highest rate the the UK, many of the pubs and hotels are closing due to track and trace incidents caused by workers or visitors from surrounding areas. I might be double jabbed but my trips out in the sunshine won't involve stopping off for a pint for while. :thumbsdown:
      E89 sDrive 35is Titan Silver Kansas Black Leather

Mr Tidy
      Legend
      Legend

On its way

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:35 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:06 pm It’s a great way to familiarise ourselves with the new car Iain. It’ll see St. Andrews, the Cairngorms, Skye, Ullapool, Loch Ness and Glen Coe if everything goes to plan.
      That sounds fantastic Andy. :thumbsup:

I'm so tempted to head to Scotland for a driving trip, and you really aren't helping!

Iain.
      Coupes because stunning!
      Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
      Gone - Montego Blue
      Gone - Ruby Black

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:35 pm

Zforbes wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:17 pm Excellent, wasn't sure what WJK changed the other week.
      WJK made very minimal changes, it was more that certain areas with higher infection rates, didn’t drop down to their proposed levels.

That’s not so good about your area being on the increase, as you say most likely being caused by people coming into the area from outside :thumbsdown:

Argyll Andy
        Lifer
        Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:42 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:35 pm I'm so tempted to head to Scotland for a driving trip, and you really aren't helping!
        Completely biased but I honestly think if the weather’s good there’s not many better places to be for a road trip :thumbsup:

I do know that’s not made it any better and I would imagine my posts when I pick it up won’t help either :lol:

There is alway the forum NC500 you could sign up to

Zforbes

On its way

Post by Zforbes » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:48 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:35 pm That’s not so good about your area being on the increase, as you say most likely being caused by people coming into the area from outside
          And that's why WJK should be closing the M6 north of Penrith, there's no doubt the "Delta" variant came into the UK via towns such as Bolton and Blackburn and it's spread at an alarming rate outwards.
          E89 sDrive 35is Titan Silver Kansas Black Leather

Ian J

On its way

Post by Ian J » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:04 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:25 pm
          It’s with the transportation company, arrives at the dealers this Friday or next Monday, then ceramic coating Tuesday, pick up Saturday morning :driving:
          I pick mine up this afternoon and note that the weather forecast from tomorrow onwards is quite poor. Bloody typical

Argyll Andy
          Lifer
          Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:21 am

Ian J wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:04 am
          It’s with the transportation company, arrives at the dealers this Friday or next Monday, then ceramic coating Tuesday, pick up Saturday morning :driving:
          I pick mine up this afternoon and note that the weather forecast from tomorrow onwards is quite poor. Bloody typical
          Great Ian, I bet you can’t wait :thumbsup:

The weather will hopefully only be a temporary blip and still allow you to enjoy the car and get the roof down :driving:

Remember, lots of pictures of it are required, we are a nosey bunch and love seeing a new car!!!

Argyll Andy
            Lifer
            Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:33 pm

Ian J wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:04 am

Emmmmm, I’m not recalling seeing any pictures of your lovely new car, that’s 24 hrs and counting :lol:

Ian J

On its way

Post by Ian J » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:56 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:33 pm
              Emmmmm, I’m not recalling seeing any pictures of your lovely new car, that’s 24 hrs and counting :lol:
              I wasn't going to bother as it's just a bog standard San Francisco Red car.

I must admit that it's taking some getting used to as it drives as differently to my 630d GT as it's possible to get. It's far more skittish and nervous and the tech is far more complicated for an oldie like me :D
              Attachments
              20210615_153948[1].jpg
              20210615_153948[1].jpg (252.23 KiB) Viewed 136 times

Argyll Andy
              Lifer
              Lifer

On its way

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:10 pm

Ian J wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:56 pm
              Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:33 pm
              I wasn't going to bother as it's just a bog standard San Francisco Red car.

I must admit that it's taking some getting used to as it drives as differently to my 630d GT as it's possible to get. It's far more skittish and nervous and the tech is far more complicated for an oldie like me :D
              Of course you should be introducing your new car :thumbsup:

It looks lovely and some sunshine to go with it.

Funny, I found it more planted but that’s me comparing it to a 35iS and not a 630 :lol:

Re the tech, did you get sent anything electronically by the dealer to explain it all? I’m asking because I did this morning, along with the invoice balance :cry: and can send you that to peruse at your leisure

Ole gits rule
                Lifer
                Lifer

On its way

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:16 pm

Looks good :thumbsup: