Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Accidental handbrake

Discussing the current generation Z4
Pbondar

Accidental handbrake

Post by Pbondar » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:15 pm

Nictrix wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:54 am I was trying to understand how this was possible until I looked at the interior of the G29.
Maybe the roof switch should have been put in a different place like it is with the E89 to avoid this mistake.
Considering it looks like it is activated in the same way as the ebrake makes an accidental pull inevitable.
They changed the levers on aircraft into completely different shapes as pilots distracted or under stress would put the flaps down instead of the landing gear or vice versa//lift the gear as they were going down the runway.. still happens but nowhere as common..

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Accidental handbrake

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:31 pm

Pbondar wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:15 pm
Nictrix wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:54 am I was trying to understand how this was possible until I looked at the interior of the G29.
Maybe the roof switch should have been put in a different place like it is with the E89 to avoid this mistake.
Considering it looks like it is activated in the same way as the ebrake makes an accidental pull inevitable.
They changed the levers on aircraft into completely different shapes as pilots distracted or under stress would put the flaps down instead of the landing gear or vice versa//lift the gear as they were going down the runway.. still happens but nowhere as common..
Ah yes, many happy nights (NOT) spent mopping up hydraulic fluid and replenishing the nitrogen bottle on the Tornado undercarriage emergency blowdown system cos some numpty pulled that lever instead of the parking brake!
Sometimes aircrew, but the worst culprits seemed to be avionics techies, putting the jets back in the shed last thing at night!! At which point they would scuttle off home and leave the riggers to it!
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Sladester100

Accidental handbrake

Post by Sladester100 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:38 pm

ori wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:51 am
Wyldie85 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:42 am Nope, can’t say I’ve done that.
I wish the handbrake would automatically come on, once you stop and switch the car off.
Audi, Merc and others all do it, BMW’s don’t.
It does with auto hold on. I think it does it without auto hold after a certain amount of time away from the vehicle.
I can’t stand auto hold.
Wyldie85 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:03 am Ah that’s a bit different though and yet another button to press.
I’m not a fan of auto hold either.
Why you both hate?
F30 320d ED Melbourne Metallic, Vis Pack, Dakota Leather, & Other Goodies :thumsup:
G29 M40i First Edition Frozen Orange :cool:

ori

Accidental handbrake

Post by ori » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:55 pm

I find auto hold annoying when you are parking or trying to creep along.