Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cleaning rear window

Discussing the current generation Z4
Robsterrob

Cleaning rear window

Post by Robsterrob » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:03 pm

I washed my Z4 yesterday, including cleaning all the glass, inside and out - except the rear screen. Obviously it's easy to clean the outside of the rear screen, but in order to clean the inside it seems I need the flexibility of a circus acrobat coupled with the size of a small baby along side about 3 extra elbows in my arm - none of which I possess or are likely to get anytime soon.

Anyone else had this conundrum?

I did try doing it with the hood partially open, but still couldn;t get to the inisde of the glass!

PaperSniper

Cleaning rear window

Post by PaperSniper » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:57 pm

I am wondering this same thing. I've not cleaned the rear window glass except with plain water, and that's only the exterior. I'm a 74 year old man and there is zero chance I'd try to clean the interior! :o
2020 BMW Z4 M40i
Misano Blue, Premium, Leather
Need more curves in west Tennessee!

rdm05z4

Cleaning rear window

Post by rdm05z4 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:37 pm

I know there are TV ads selling cheapo window cleaner wands. However, just a thought maybe buy a few of the bath soft loofah back washers with long handles? Use 1 for applying cleaner 1 for rinse / wipe down? Or buy a long handle "Swifer" so can change the pads? Just a thought as I need to clean mine also. So may try these options.
2005 3.0i Manual, Sterling Gray Metallic Sport suspension, heated seats, top line Business Cd radio
2007 Nissan Maxima -Silver-Auto
2009 VW Wolfsburg Jetta-Black-6sp manual

G29Z4

Cleaning rear window

Post by G29Z4 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:31 pm

Hi,
I just take out the Z4's windblocker with the roof down, then close the roof and reach back with a wash leather whilst kneeling on a seat. It's no more tricky than an MX5 Roadster Coupe back window...trust me... I have both! (and I'm 72!)

raven

Cleaning rear window

Post by raven » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:19 pm

I'm assuming the dust has as much trouble as me to reach it, so I'm not cleaning it on the inside :D
I have an excellent detailer, I think he does it every once and a while (this could explain the back hernia he's having right now... ).
2019 BMW Z4 G29 M40i @600hp - IG: ZZZZ_M40i