Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anybody wrapped their G29...?

Discussing the current generation Z4
Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:16 pm

Ed, I fear your enthusiasm may wane even further, to the best of my knowledge this is the only White M40i that’s come on the market in the last 12 weeks + except brand new ones which obviously given your previous response doesn’t suit because of warranty and mods.

The M40i market is very strong in certain colours the only ones readily available 2nd hand are black/red/frozen orange and even then the prices are strong and the choice limited. When you start drilling down to interior colours/option packs the pool is even further narrowed.

Again to the best of my knowledge there’s only one blue M40i for sale in the country, a 21 plate with 3 options packs but an ivory interior, there’s no other new ones available except for going to a dealer and buying one, getting a build slot and waiting.!

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Ed.Straker

Post by Ed.Straker » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:26 pm

I suspect we are victims of our own negativity.

As I recall when the G29 came out it was dammed with faint praise by the press, mostly still against the Boxster and the existing Z4 owners didn’t rush to embrace it.

I don’t know what annual sales of it are like, I think there is a web site that shows how many were sold in the UK, but I bet it’s not much. :tumbleweed:

I’m sure when I first started looking there were quite a few yellow E89s on the market but they have largely gone, I see 2 on AT, one over priced and the other under spec’d :headbang:
    White 35i MSport MHD re-map…still in one piece

Atacama Yellow 20i MSport Auto. Remapped, more to be done…written off