Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Build stage

Discussing the current generation Z4
Robsterrob

Build stage

Post by Robsterrob » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:14 pm

So, I'm getting impatient!!

Had an email today from BMW saying my car had entered the build stage - in your experiance, how long does it take to delivery from entering build stage?

Ta!!

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Build stage

Post by buzyg » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:25 pm

I reckon you may need a couple of these to help you cope with the lack of Zed in your life. :)
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (152.49 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
https://www.bakerross.co.uk/squeezy-hea ... oIQAvD_BwE

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Build stage

Post by john-e89 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:39 pm

At the moment I’d suggest the factory is hardly very busy as my potential car went into build this Tuesday and is due in the showroom within October. No 2-3 month wait. A car goes from a roll of sheet steel to a finished showroom ready car in 24 hours, delays come from sheer volume of builds, the more the number the more delays as the production line stops a lot with minor problems, factories will do all they can to meet the days build quota but unless there is a 3 team shift working 24hrs it doesn’t happen. I’d imagine the Z4 line is on a one shift 8hr day with plenty of slots available. Also the supply of engines and seats for example come in daily with only around 12hrs worth of stock at the factory meaning if there’s a supply problem of said components that takes longer than 12 hrs to rectify the production line is down, with such a small demand those issues don’t happen very often, if at all. All the ingredients I’ve mentioned means you should have your car very quickly.

Hope it’s all you want and pics ASAP please. :thumbsup: :driving:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Robsterrob

Build stage

Post by Robsterrob » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:01 pm

Well, a bit off a good news / bad news update...

The good news..

Saturday morning I received an email from my dealer saying my car was built and on its way to Blighty....

The bad news...

Bojo announced lockdown Saturday evening, and said that dealers would be closed.

Hopefully they’ll re-open in December....if not, I’ve got a very long wait!!!

Colin_E

Build stage

Post by Colin_E » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:11 pm

Well since the news reports say that non-essential retail can continue to offer click & collect deliveries, my guess is your dealer will find a way (if indeed you want it sooner). I've had a new BMW delivered to me at home by a dealer in the past so it rather depends what level of 'closed' is going to apply. They'll surely keep service open for essential users? So some means of drop off or collection of a new car doesn't seem necessarily off the cards.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Build stage

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:59 pm

I am in the same situation all be it with a used Z4 which is supposed to be going into BMW for a possible software update on Thursday, the garage have advised that they believe BMW will be open for servicing so point one resolved.

They have stated they will be open for click and collect so I can pick up my car when it is back from BMW so I would imagine they can get the car to you if you want it.
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Robsterrob

Build stage

Post by Robsterrob » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:59 am

Hopefully click and collect or some kind of delivery will be possible. Yes, I do want the car as soon as possible (I'm like a kid waiting for christmas!) but I also want to make sure this lockdown works, so if I have to wait, I'll wait.

I am an essential worker (I work for one of the blue light services on frontline duties), but I don't need to rely on that either except for essential service (I did have to during the last lockdown when I had a blow out and needed a new tyre fitted - and the tyre place was incredible).

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Build stage

Post by john-e89 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:01 pm

Robsterrob wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:59 am Hopefully click and collect or some kind of delivery will be possible. Yes, I do want the car as soon as possible (I'm like a kid waiting for christmas!) but I also want to make sure this lockdown works, so if I have to wait, I'll wait.

I am an essential worker (I work for one of the blue light services on frontline duties), but I don't need to rely on that either except for essential service (I did have to during the last lockdown when I had a blow out and needed a new tyre fitted - and the tyre place was incredible).
Here’s hoping you get the car on time Rob... :driving:

And a big thank you for being on the front line especially in these difficult times. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Build stage

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:37 pm

I have just spoken with my garage and they have confirmed that BMW service is open to fix the issue with the car and click and collect is available so I see no reason why you cant have the car - in fact they have offered to deliver the car to myself if needed.

Good luck
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Robsterrob

Build stage

Post by Robsterrob » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:45 pm

john-e89 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:01 pm And a big thank you for being on the front line especially in these difficult times. :thumbsup:
Thanks John - appreciated. Things are certainly getting busier again..

Anyway - dealer called me - I can indeed do "click and collect" - The handover will be over the phone and via e-signatures, so I won't get to see a human, but I'm fine with that (I usually get impatient at vehicle handovers and just want to drive the car anyway!! :rofl: )