Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Build problem....thoughts

Discussing the current generation Z4
Zed Baron

Post by Zed Baron » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:14 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:50 pm No response from them again today... :roll: ‘tis getting a tad silly.

Whilst I really appreciate input can we keep comments to the subject and not opinions on the interior colour please, it’s detracting from the point of the thread. :thumbsup:
Hi, if you've not heard from the salesman then ring and ask for the manager, be a pain in the butt. I would of rang as soon as I found out and if you are incapacitated then get someone else to ring them.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:19 pm

Zed Baron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:14 pm I would of rang as soon as I found out and if you are incapacitated then get someone else to ring them.
If only you had posted on page 1 , could have save so much internet space :P
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:21 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:09 pm
Perjorative wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:55 am What's not to like...? :?

Compared to black seats, it really lifts the interior without being too 'in your face'

BlackCognac.jpg
BlackCognac2.jpg
That looks like a puckered arsehole

John, why didn’t you just ring them instead of waiting and waiting and waiting....Make your mind up and just say what you want ..

At the end of the day you can reject the agreement, you have verbally agreed but I don’t think it’s binding ..

Alternatively you could have the car , then move it in in 5 months as you don’t like it
I HAVE told them Gaz, I said in an email I’ll go with red. The sales guy is pushing for me to see the car in Cognac, so to be fair I said I would but if I didn’t like it as much they’d have to build me another in red. I told him not to ring the last few days but to email me as I’m pretty bloody rough, been in bed all week with a head and throat on fire and prob wouldn’t hear the phone or want to talk for this reason, just email me. Waiting is zero problem, I’m in no hurry for anything so I’m leaving it up to them to contact me with a response, I’m not chasing as A: I’m too rough to care right now really, and B: their lack of response just gives me more ammo if we get to a squabble about the deposit. I’ve nothing to lose by waiting nor am I bothered either. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:27 pm

I must stress this “Situation” for want of a better word is of zero concern to me, it’ll drag on until it’s finished and that’s fine with me, if I get a car this year fine, if not fine, I’m 100% shrugging my shoulders about it. I just don’t want to give them a grand of deposit if possible obvs.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:29 pm

To sum it up.

You went in....ticked the spec you wanted and left £1000 deposit?

Had second thoughts about the seat colour,wanted red instead of cognac?

Have you actually told them thats what you wanted before cut off time?

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:04 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:29 pm To sum it up.

Roll in on the last page only Gaz..... :poke: :roll:

Briefly just for you....: :wink: Anyone else bear with...... :headbang: :P

I never got a cut off lockdown date, that’s the issue. My initial spec was Cognac but after seeing the sales guys identical red seats after a week in a demo car I told him I’d probably go for those instead, he said he’d let me know lockdown date. We agreed that he’d ring me after he’d come back off two days off so I could pop in and finalise. I never got the phone call. I got ill with man flu, next thing I hear by email the car has been painted and and built, I fire an email asking what’s going on as we haven’t agreed a spec yet, sales guy is buttering me up saying how utterly brilliant I am picking cognac.... :lol: :roll: i tell him if we can’t change spec we have a problem, more buttering me up,it’ll be fine John, no it won’t....I’m not throwing £50k at a car with the wrong interior.....I know no more. :)
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

sars
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sars » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:24 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:34 am
sars wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:40 pm
john-e89 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:13 pm And if I don’t....?
Walk away, you’ll have lost your deposit, but that’s considerably less than the loss once you’ve driven it out of the showroom and home
You think I’m in the wrong then Sars...? I’ve no issue if you think I am, just interested as to why. :thumbsup:
No I don’t think you’re in the right or in the wrong, but you are expecting the dealer to accept responsibility and replace the car at their cost and it will most likely come down to what can be proven, as in whats written down. If they gave or sent you a copy of the order by email and you only spoke to the sales guy, then there’s no proof that you did, if you emailed him however
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

Colin_E

Post by Colin_E » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:06 pm

Sars comment pretty well sums up what I'd planned to say here with one further addition; you need to consider where the sales guy stands in all of this. If he was culpable in failing to notify the cut-off date or getting back to you swiftly AND faces hassle from his bosses if he owns up...do you think he'll come clean? As I see it your biggest problem is if he tells it differently and you can't prove otherwise.

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:28 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:04 pm

I never got a cut off lockdown date, that’s the issue. My initial spec was Cognac but after seeing the sales guys identical red seats after a week in a demo car I told him I’d probably go for those instead, he said he’d let me know lockdown date. We agreed that he’d ring me after he’d come back off two days off so I could pop in and finalise. I never got the phone call. I got ill with man flu, next thing I hear by email the car has been painted and and built, I fire an email asking what’s going on as we haven’t agreed a spec yet, sales guy is buttering me up saying how utterly brilliant I am picking cognac.... :lol: :roll: i tell him if we can’t change spec we have a problem, more buttering me up,it’ll be fine John, no it won’t....I’m not throwing £50k at a car with the wrong interior.....I know no more. :)
No john

I read it

I just couldnt really understand it

At what point did you give the deposit?

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:09 am

sars wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:24 pm
john-e89 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:34 am
sars wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:40 pm Walk away, you’ll have lost your deposit, but that’s considerably less than the loss once you’ve driven it out of the showroom and home
You think I’m in the wrong then Sars...? I’ve no issue if you think I am, just interested as to why. :thumbsup:
No I don’t think you’re in the right or in the wrong, but you are expecting the dealer to accept responsibility and replace the car at their cost and it will most likely come down to what can be proven, as in whats written down. If they gave or sent you a copy of the order by email and you only spoke to the sales guy, then there’s no proof that you did, if you emailed him however
I am expecting them to take responsibility yes Sars, based on the conversations with the sales guy. I did sign something which I’ll look at when I can get it from the M which is in my workshop 5 miles away, I’ve been too ill to get out of bed much this week. I think it was just a pre-order and a signature by us both that I’d paid a deposit which was returnable if I didn’t like the car after the demo week. A pre-order can’t be used as concrete surely as all dealers give cooling off periods to change spec, I doubt that would stand up at all. I have no proof of them finalising anything, no emails, no calls, no texts etc, nothing, hence my grudge. The sales guy would have to bare face lie if he wants to say we agreed spec and he gave me a lockdown date.

Thanks for your input, this is just what I’m looking for at the moment. :thumbsup:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:21 am

Colin_E wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:06 pm Sars comment pretty well sums up what I'd planned to say here with one further addition; you need to consider where the sales guy stands in all of this. If he was culpable in failing to notify the cut-off date or getting back to you swiftly AND faces hassle from his bosses if he owns up...do you think he'll come clean? As I see it your biggest problem is if he tells it differently and you can't prove otherwise.
I think that’s exactly what’s happening Colin, the sales guy knows he’s ballsed up hence buttering me up so much, and why I think they’ve gone radio silent as they know they’ve dropped a clanger if he’s admitted to his boss after seeing my emails this week. If he hasn’t or won’t admit it it would be a 100% bare faced lie, I can’t imagine he would do that tbh. It’s a first world problem but £50k is a shed load of money and I want it right. As I keep saying had he given me a lockdown date as he said he would I would have quit dithering and made a firm and final choice but i wasn’t given one and tbh I think as a customer spending that amount of money I can change my mind as much as I want until I have to nail it for production, I wasn’t even mithering him, I was mulling it over round and round my head at home, not to him so I’ve hardly been a pain in the ass customer, in fact I think that’s some of his problem, I’ve been chummy and friendly and I think he’s been blasé about me.

As above thanks for your input. :thumbsup:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:30 am

Z4M-2006 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:28 pm
john-e89 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:04 pm

No john

I read it

I just couldnt really understand it

At what point did you give the deposit?
Deposit was paid about 5 weeks ago I think Gaz. The deal was this: If I paid a £1k deposit on agreement of the deal on a new car to my spec which we discussed, after a week in a demo car if I didn’t like it they would refund the deposit and I’d walk away. After the test I said I’m good to go once we’d had a meeting to finalise the spec which was supposed to be after the sales guy had two days off and he would ring me to say what time to pop in on last Thursday. He never rang. He said he rang end of the week but that’s rubbish, I never got a missed call form him. I got a missed call from them this last Monday which a didn't hear as I was in bed being badly bu there was No voice msg on it, just a number which i recognised as the dealer, no email or text anything to back it up.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:51 am

The other thing with this is surely they can put it up for sale as it’ll be unregistered and only delivery miles for more than I was paying for it right...? Sales have been Ok as a lot of M40i’s have shifted, even ones that are pre built like this would be. The dealer in Edinburgh had a frozen grey one in with all options ticked recently, I almost went for it but it was just the colour that stopped me so it should shift pretty easily so what are they losing if they get the same deal as I was paying...? Chuck it in the showroom for build price then take a deal same or more than I agreed, what’s the issue....?
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Post by dr_john » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:34 am

First world problem.

Personally I think black with red interior would look like a drug dealer’s den or a tart’s boudoir, think about it John.

Embrace the Cognac, a bit of class :)
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:34 am

dr_john wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:34 am First world problem.

Personally I think black with red interior would look like a drug dealer’s den or a tart’s boudoir, think about it John.

Embrace the Cognac, a bit of class :)
With respect Doc you’re 20yrs older than me.....cognac is fine then.... :thumbsup:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29