Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Build problem....thoughts

Discussing the current generation Z4
john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:03 pm

What do you peeps think...?

Initial build on the M40i was black with beige interior, however after having a demo car for a week in black on black I thought that’s better than beige. I gave the demo car back on the 21st Sept’, sales guy showed me his company car with red seats and i thought that could be a goer, which we discussed so he knew I was dithering, no lockdown date had been set, I knew it was close but he said he’d let me know when times up, which he never has, I’ve not had a lockdown date and time. We arranged for him to ring me on Thursday 24th so I could pop in to confirm spec. No call came. Friday I was driving all day but still no call. Saturday I came down with an awful cold which I still have, waiting for Covid results as we speak, bed ridden all last weekend and this week. I’ve seen a call from Stratstone this last Monday 28th, I didn’t hear it as was in bed but no voicemail, just a missed call, so no idea what that was. I know I’ve left it very late but I was expecting to have a conversation to finalise spec and a lockdown date. I’ve now been getting emails from Wednesday, yesterday saying my car is built form the factory. Popped an email off the the sales guy this morning asking what’s occurring as we haven’t confirmed spec yet. He said he called end of last week, which he didn’t as its not on my phone. He said he doesn’t think it’s reversible now and He’s filling me with praise saying how bold and classy my choice is, basically bullshitting me as he knows, IMO, he’s screwed up. So, my options, imo they’ll have to build me another right...? I don’t mind waiting really, I just want a car with the spec I want. They’re going to try everything to wriggle out of it. I think I’m in the right...but what do you guys think...? If you think I’m in the wrong please say so.

Car has indeed been built apparently.... :roll:

As far as I’m concerned now if I don’t want it when I see it, I reject it and they build me another or refund my deposit yes...?
Last edited by john-e89 on Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:20 pm

Not sure youre in the wrong, they should have properly confirmed your choice on spec, that said i do believe your initial black and beige choice will look fantastic. One thing ive learned over the years is your first instinct is usually the right one :thumbsup: when you uhm and ah about something 99 times out of 100 you go back to your first choice
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:24 pm

Although reading your thread again Im not sure which colour you're getting :D
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:53 pm

IMO, Since the lockdown conversation was agreed and didn’t happen then they’re in the wrong no matter what they’re saying.

I know this isn’t the same but wonder if it’s along the same lines. I agreed the purchase of my 35iS on the 4th or 5th of September and given the distance I couldn’t give a firm date for collection. He said as long as I picked it up by the 30th he didn’t care but it had to be included in Septembers figures because they were getting absolutely hammered by their exec’ s/BMW about the September sales figures.

He said he’s not experienced it like that before and he’s been their 4 yrs. I’m presuming it’s because of the annual figures so far being well down so I’m wondering if last minute he’s confirmed your order without catching up with you to record it in his September figures.

But whatever’s happen he’s still in the wrong as you’d agreed the final spec was still to be confirmed :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

pvr
    Legend
    Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:46 pm

Does that mean I am getting my 35i manual for £6k a bit sooner then? :lol:
    Current:
    911-50 Black - unique spec
    X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
    Abarth 595 Comp.
    Golf Clipper - collectors item
    Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
    VW ID.3

Previous:
    Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
    Z4 3.0 Toledo

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:04 pm

pvr wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:46 pm Does that mean I am getting my 35i manual for £6k a bit sooner then? :lol:
    If they knock me 7k off the G29 you can have it for 9k straight away Paul.... :thumbsup:
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
    E89 35is
    G29

pvr
    Legend
    Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:08 pm

I will need to spend £3k to get rid of all that COVID stuff you have been spraying in there ... :cry:
    Current:
    911-50 Black - unique spec
    X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
    Abarth 595 Comp.
    Golf Clipper - collectors item
    Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
    VW ID.3

Previous:
    Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
    Z4 3.0 Toledo

Jollyjoiner

Post by Jollyjoiner » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:49 pm

If it's the Cognac colour leather then I think that looks quite classy.
    2009 35i DCT silver
    SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:55 pm

Jollyjoiner wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:49 pm If it's the Cognac colour leather then I think that looks quite classy.
    Yep Cognac Nige.
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35is
    G29

Jollyjoiner

Post by Jollyjoiner » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:58 pm

john-e89 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:55 pm
    Jollyjoiner wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:49 pm If it's the Cognac colour leather then I think that looks quite classy.
    Yep Cognac Nige.
    I just used the car configurator with black paint and cognac interior and I thought it looked well
    :thumbsup:
    2009 35i DCT silver
    SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

Wyldie85

Post by Wyldie85 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:27 am

So have you ordered beige/cream leather or the cognac/tan leather?

Regardless of whether the dealer has messed up, black on black is potentially quite gloomy to live with.
    Black interior wouldn’t have been my choice but against SF red, it was a good contrast and the deal was to good to miss.
    2006 Silver grey 2.5si Convertible - Sold
    2006 ///M Convertible - Sold
    2019 Mercedes C300 AMG Line Premium Plus Estate
    2019 San Francisco red M40i inc Tech & Comfort packs

dr_john
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by dr_john » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:29 am

I initially thought black leather when I specced mine, but finally went for Cognac, good call IMO.
    Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:27 am

Yep thanks all but the post is regarding my options and any potential further action taking with consumer rights etc, if they refuse to refund me my deposit should I reject the car, not if the colour is right or not.

Anyone with insights into the legal side of this or my rights...?
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35is
    G29

John H100

Post by John H100 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:31 am

I think you should make your intentions known to the dealers immediately not wait until you have seen the car to make a decision.

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:40 am

John H100 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:31 am I think you should make your intentions known to the dealers immediately not wait until you have seen the car to make a decision.
    I am John, I’ve fired an email asking my options should I reject it. All I’m getting is, Oh don't worry, it’ll look so classy and superb, you’ll love it. Perhaps I will, but I want to know my rights should it not be right. It’s too much money to not have it right and tbh I feel like I’ve been backed into a corner and I hate that.
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35is
    G29