Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Is everyone happy with their car...?

Discussing the current generation Z4
Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Swiftly » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:32 pm

Wyldie85 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:49 pm
Swiftly wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:18 am
Wyldie85 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:57 am I’ve spoken to two dealers about issues in the car and they all relate to software gremlins. Mirrors not saving their positions, no Spotify, seat not moving to the correct position... engine stop/start not saving...the list goes on.
I’m running 07.2019 and Cotswold BMW said it should be on 12.19 as a minimum by now. The car says there are no updates available.

Let’s see what Guildford can do. Hopefully a software update will sort a lot of these bits. I’ll report back. The real cherry on top would be improved sound from the HK as well but I won’t hold my breath.
We appear to share the same family of software gremlins, I also had a load of additional software related issues when I opted to have my own profile, such as with mirrors not folding, ambient lighting colour kept setting to default orange every time the engine was re started so the list goes on, however, just the usual issues when I deleted my profile. My dealer had mentioned that BMW are still experiencing issues and delays with OTA software upgrades at the present moment in time :(
Oh I had forgotten to mention those. Yes, I have the ambient lighting issue. The mirrors not folding in when you lock the car.
Volume of the stereo always set to the lowest setting. We were fobbed off by the ‘Connected’ team telling us to reset the head unit and that would sort it. What rubbish.

I’m hoping a visit to the dealer will mean they update the software for us and get rid of a lot of these problems.

Funnily enough, I’ve just looked at the BMW Connected app on my phone. It says the car is unlocked, the boot is open and the drivers window down. What tripe. It’s fully locked and everything is closed, tucked up in the garage. :|
My connected app hasn't updated for over a week now, a fault which is well documented on other forums and not related to the cars software on this occasion.
Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

Bart9140

Post by Bart9140 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:17 pm

Overall very happy with it, Before always had coupés and have to admit that this roadster is nice to.
No problems so far except for mirrors behaving strange (lot better after modifying setup so car want open anymore when key is nearby, have to manually touch the door now) and annoying when you wash the car when you have your keys on you (doors open, close, open again,...and alarm goes off when using high pressure).
Besides this still love it 😄

NewZdriver

Post by NewZdriver » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:05 am

Absolutely love my 2.0i sport. Like I’ve said before, in a different league to my e89. All works fine but remembering this is the second G29 I’ve had. The first one was bought back by BMW due to a persistent fault with iDrive in which it would regularly all switch off leaving no display at all a d after 6 visits, they couldn’t fix. Hence a new car!! Was very impressed with the service I received from Sytners and the new car has worked perfectly.
2015 Z4 e89 1.8i
2017 Z4 e89 2.0i msport auto
2019 Z4 g29 2.0i sport auto (rejected)
2019 ‘69’ Z4 g29 2.0i sport auto (comfort pack / 19” alloys)

2017 118d sport auto F20
2018 320d msport auto F30
2020 520d msport auto G30

Bullyboy42

Post by Bullyboy42 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:32 pm

Happy with mine as well. its not the daily drive but split between 2 cars. loving the roof down when the weather is good and i think it has a nice premium interior. A couple of minor issues but no trip to the dealer yet as they are minor.
Only negative point is maybe i should have bought the M40I !!!
All the Best
Paul
-----
G29 M40i with Comfort, Tech and Shadowline Packs