Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear Camera

Discussing the current generation Z4
Bullyboy42

Rear Camera

Post by Bullyboy42 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi guys had my G29 a couple of weeks. Has the M sport plus and comfort packs on. Any idea if a reversing camera can be retro fitted by the dealer ? Although parking sensors fine would love to have the camera. Thanks the help
All the Best
Paul
-----
G29 M40i with Comfort, Tech and Shadowline Packs

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Rear Camera

Post by dr_john » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:35 am

Mine has the reversing camera. It comes as part of the Technology pack parking assistant.

I don’t know if you can get the camera retro fitted. I find it very useful, gives a great high definition rear view every time reverse gear is selected.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

scootr

Rear Camera

Post by scootr » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:30 am

Dam BMW. Making the back up camera optional :headbang: seatbelts optional too ? :roll:
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Rear Camera

Post by enzed4 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:07 am

scootr wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:30 am Dam BMW. Making the back up camera optional :headbang: seatbelts optional too ? :roll:
They learned from the Masters at Porsche - ask anyone who owns one :wink:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

chasBMW

Rear Camera

Post by chasBMW » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:26 pm

enzed4 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:07 am
scootr wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:30 am Dam BMW. Making the back up camera optional :headbang: seatbelts optional too ? :roll:
They learned from the Masters at Porsche - ask anyone who owns one :wink:
Sadly this is very true I thought BMW were tight until I started buying porsche's
, i very much doubt the dealer will retrofit
Valencia Orange 35is now gone but well remembered now Porsche Boxster GTS

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Rear Camera

Post by dr_john » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:58 pm

My recent experience with Porsche ownership has made me realise how good BMW are in including features.

When I was speccing my Boxster I found that multifunction steering wheel, rain sensing wipers, heated seats, 2 zone AC, parking sensors, and a load of other items were extras on a Porsche but standard on a BMW. Ridiculous difference in base price as well!

Anyway the rear view camera isn't standard on a BMW Z4 without the technology pack, and I don't think it can be specced on a new car on it's own. Similarly I doubt that it can be retrofitted but that's a question for the dealership.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

scootr

Rear Camera

Post by scootr » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:01 pm

In 2018 the US mandated the rear view (aka backup) camera on every car sold to avoid running over the little ones... :thumbsup:
Wish they would mandate heated seats and folding mirrors :P

The dreaded ala carte car buying experience makes buying used a virtual crap shoot.
This one has this but not that and that one has that but not this. :headbang:

Why do they sell a sports car and charge extra for sports car seats !? Buy our car, it is so sticky it produces 1g of lateral force when cornering and here is a milk crate for you to sit on. :cry:
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

Bullyboy42

Rear Camera

Post by Bullyboy42 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:00 pm

Thanks guys, so without the technology pack i cant get a rear camera ? I know i can contact my dealer and ask but just wondered on the G29 or previous models had a dealer retrofit ever been offered. Cheers
All the Best
Paul
-----
G29 M40i with Comfort, Tech and Shadowline Packs

nikkireed

Rear Camera

Post by nikkireed » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:09 pm

My rear camera was also broken while towing my car by the company roadside assistance nyc but they give me a compensation of it and also fix new camera and also did not charge me single $ I love them now.