Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Satinised aluminium exterior trim Mistery

Discussing the current generation Z4
Expectations

Post by Expectations » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:33 pm

Hello dear Z4-forum fellow members,

I’m Marc, 38 years old from France and proud new member of the forum :)

I’m planning to buy the new g29 Z4 to replace my current e89 and I have quite a mistery in the exterior Trim choice.

On BMW France and Germany and some other countries, you have the possibility to chose satinised aluminium exterior trim but I don’t see how it applies to the g29 Z4. This option usually means that you have satin aluminium cercling the windows but since the Z4 has not any circling around the windows, it can only be the bottom part of the windows on top of the doors.

The problem is that I watched hundreds of photos and videos and never saw any aluminium on top of the doors, even on models with aluminum roll over hoops whereas these 2 trips seems to go together...

So what do you think ? Is there somebody who could solve this mystery :?

Thanks a lot for your lights ! :thumbsup:

Z4monster

Post by Z4monster » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:00 pm

So on mine which doesn't have the black pack trim, the top of the doors and part way down the roof area there is gloss back trim to match the windscreen trim panels and mirror base. I've checked the photo I have from the showroom and the red car I saw has the same trim.

The only satinised trim I have is the top of my mirror housings and the grille surround.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:36 pm

Agree and I have frozen grey

Expectations

Post by Expectations » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:44 pm

Thank you for your answers !

When you say "the top of my mirror housings", is it like on this preview : https://www.motor1.com/news/263473/bmw- ... und-video/

Z4monster

Post by Z4monster » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:00 pm

Yes that's right - The top shell is matt silver finish and the bottom is gloss black. The Matt silver finish is Cerium Grey and is on the mirror caps, the grille surround and the front vent trims. The only other option is Gloss Black trim which is part of the Black Pack in the UK and includes black wheels, mirrors and grille/front trims.

If you look at the top of the doors at about 1:34 you can see the gloss black trim I was talking about across the door and back towards the roof opening. This is always black as far as I know.

Expectations

Post by Expectations » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:22 pm

ok thank you !