Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

G29 Technical Enhancement Notices

Discussing the current generation Z4
Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:39 pm

ph001 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:59 am I can’t possible see how it would result in an MOT failure or affect the insurance validity, however it will show up in big bold letters in the government online MOT checker that there are recalls outstanding, which could potentially put off prospective buyers if you ever came to selling.
I think the OP said it's not a recall or safety related, so would it still show up on the system?
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Jim S

Post by Jim S » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Ewazix wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:39 pm
ph001 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:59 am I can’t possible see how it would result in an MOT failure or affect the insurance validity, however it will show up in big bold letters in the government online MOT checker that there are recalls outstanding, which could potentially put off prospective buyers if you ever came to selling.
I think the OP said it's not a recall or safety related, so would it still show up on the system?
I asked my dealer about this and they said it should not cause an MOT fail as it is not a formal recall. However, they also said that it would show up in the system as being outstanding if the work was not completed. They also did not put a time limit on when the work should be carried out. In fact they said that I could leave until I was ready to sell the car. :roll: