Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Incoming! New Z4 on the way

Discussing the current generation Z4
Z4monster

Post by Z4monster » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:49 am

So on Friday I went down to my friendly BMW dealer in Warrington to have a chat. They had a 'Special Event Weekend' and there were some 'Fantastic deals available' apparently.
I'd already decided that I would have a new Z4 eventually but when I spoke to Mel, my friendly sales person, the deals just weren't there at the moment. However, this 'Special Event Weekend' meant that there were some 'Extra Special Savings' on the table.

Initially she was offering a deal on a pre-built 30i in red with ivory white interior. Not my cup of tea at all. We started looking at group stock and then national stock but there wasn't a single M40i available.

So that meant we had to go for a factory build instead. After building the new car online and deciding which options I couldn't manage without, we came up with my new car. Now for the hard part, discussing the price and deal. My current car was one of the last ones built in 2016 so I knew the deal couldn't match that one. They were giving great discounts at that time and it was never going to be matched on a new model so early in its life.

I'd had a price from CarWow on my choice of spec so knew what they could get the price down to. Also Peter Vardy BMW in Edinburgh have an advertised PCP deal which was affordable for me. So I pulled these two figures out and slapped them on the table. Mel kept her composure and smile in place but as she considered the figures, I sat firm and held my cool. We talked, sucked our teeth, talked some more, had another two complimentary cappuccinos, pulled at our hair, shed a few tears, but eventually Mel calmed down and went to see the finance manager. :wink:

He tried his best to get to a figure that I wanted to pay but was still some way off a deal at this stage. With so many cars in the showroom
for the 'Special Event Weekend' there wasn't really room for a wrestling match to decide the outcome of negotiations, so we settled on a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. I won best of three so got the deal I wanted. :D

So the outcome is I have a new M40i in Misano Blue and black leather coming in September. Tech and Comfort packs included.:thumbsup:

Now does anyone fancy buying a late model 35iS in September? :D

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:49 am

Sounds much like our visit to the Irvine BMW branch. Not.
Went along and took a look at the 2 models they had in the forecourt, a red and a blue which look too much like colours a child would pick to colour in a drawing.
We both decided upon looking that we don't like the look of the new Z4 at all so turned around and left.
The seats looked nice though.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

sunnydays

Post by sunnydays » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:38 pm

Play rock paper scissors for a better deal next time I visit my local BMW dealer - Duly noted :D

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:29 pm

We also went into the Dealer last Friday with our Sept 16 35is - there were some BMW incentives (aka discount) offered but the price for the current car with all the toys meant a significant loss in under three years - Outcome, I will stick! (for now!)
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:14 pm

Great spec. :thumbsup: Bring on September. :wink: