Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

G29 Market watch

Discussing the current generation Z4
ori

G29 Market watch

Post by ori » Mon May 31, 2021 8:40 pm

That’s mad Andy.
That one up in Glasgow doesn’t have shadowline or comfort.

I’ll try that site. See what happens eh?

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

G29 Market watch

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon May 31, 2021 8:49 pm

ori wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:40 pm That’s mad Andy.
That one up in Glasgow doesn’t have shadowline or comfort.

I’ll try that site. See what happens eh?
I know :lol:

No it doesn’t that’s what I meant about being light on options.

It says the site is free so might be worth giving it a go first. I think your £44k is about right and pitch the advert slightly higher to give yourself a bit of wriggle room to come down towards the £44k

I would also still be trying the dealer, even might be worth mentioning that you’d let them have the car now and that might be an incentive to get them to pay a bit higher while the sun is out

Where you win is the car is still under manufacturer’s warranty for the new buyer :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

ori

G29 Market watch

Post by ori » Mon May 31, 2021 9:32 pm

Problem is, the offers for a new car I was getting aren’t coming in the same. The discount on a new car aren’t there anymore.

I’ll get in touch with the dealer tomorrow and see what he says. See if he will match previous offer.

Still think I am mad to change the car. Basically changing for a year and a half younger.

TheGingerOneNI

G29 Market watch

Post by TheGingerOneNI » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:31 am

The 2nd hand value on cars at the minute is crazy. However that gives me the unique opportunity to sell my car and make a healthy sum so I listed mine on Autotrader. It was never my intention to sell my M40i so soon and frankly if it doesn't sell I won't be disappointed. If it does sell I'll just sit on the capital and watch the market... I would quite fancy a 2020 M340i estate.

Wyldie85

G29 Market watch

Post by Wyldie85 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:23 am

Have been thinking exactly the same thing over the weekend. The Zed sat in the garage throughout and having now covered less than 4500 miles, I wonder if it would be time to sell and cover what we paid and have anything else as a bonus. Hmm....
    2006 Silver grey 2.5si Convertible - Sold
    2006 ///M Convertible - Sold
    2019 Mercedes C300 AMG Line Premium Plus Estate
    2019 San Francisco red M40i inc Tech & Comfort packs

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

G29 Market watch

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:34 am

Wyldie85 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:23 am Have been thinking exactly the same thing over the weekend. The Zed sat in the garage throughout and having now covered less than 4500 miles, I wonder if it would be time to sell and cover what we paid and have anything else as a bonus. Hmm....
    :rofl: :rofl: I’m laughing at you all considering bailing and I’m still waiting for mine.

There will be that many forum cars hitting the market it’ll deal with the lack of supply issues :lol:

Saying that, I agree, get out while the moneys good :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

TheGingerOneNI

G29 Market watch

Post by TheGingerOneNI » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:41 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:34 am
      Wyldie85 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:23 am Have been thinking exactly the same thing over the weekend. The Zed sat in the garage throughout and having now covered less than 4500 miles, I wonder if it would be time to sell and cover what we paid and have anything else as a bonus. Hmm....
      :rofl: :rofl: I’m laughing at you all considering bailing and I’m still waiting for mine.

There will be that many forum cars hitting the market it’ll deal with the lack of supply issues :lol:

I understand. I've never bought or sold cars to make money. I buy because i want a new experience and sell when I no longer feel any joy from it. I'm still very much enjoying the Zed but such is the increase in second hand value I can go and get another experience for now and revisit the Zed down the line.

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

G29 Market watch

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:50 am

TheGingerOneNI wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:41 am
      Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:34 am

I understand. I've never bought or sold cars to make money. I buy because i want a new experience and sell when I no longer feel any joy from it. I'm still very much enjoying the Zed but such is the increase in second hand value I can go and get another experience for now and revisit the Zed down the line.
      Absolutely agree with you, at these price increases if you’ve any intention of selling over the next 12 months I’d be bailing now and sitting back and watching the market. If you can make a profit bang on :thumbsup:

I was talking to someone at length about this the other night and the discussion basically went, it’d mad not to sell their car just now with the 2nd hand value as it’ll probably never be as high again as it is now.

If you’ve got something you can get into for reasonable money, or can sit back and watch the market absolutely the way to go.

We definitely don’t buy these types of cars to make money but if they happen to do that all the better.

The exact same position Wyldie85, is finding himself in just now too :thumbsup:

TONYMOR

G29 Market watch

Post by TONYMOR » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:55 am

Is the rise in values considered to be the fact or rumour that production is going to cease earlier than first expected?

Argyll Andy
        Lifer
        Lifer

G29 Market watch

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:09 am

TONYMOR wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:55 am Is the rise in values considered to be the fact or rumour that production is going to cease earlier than first expected?
        From my experience there are very limited build slots for new ones, well M40i’s anyway. Add in an extended period of no production due to Covid, throw in to that the current shortages of micro chips and the prospective purchase pool narrows.

I was told yesterday BMW also now specifying on some new builds that certain features that are standard will not be included for some small features as the chips are just not available so order without or wait indefinitely seems to be the option.

I hadn’t heard the rumour they were ceasing production early.
        Last edited by Argyll Andy on Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ori

G29 Market watch

Post by ori » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:18 am

So I have taken the plunge. I’ve ordered a new m40i.
          I’ve listed my car on Autotrader and I’m shocked at the number of enquiries people are making including and offer from BMW for 41.5k!
          Few points for people.
          I ordered the new car and the following items have been deleted until further notice due to chip shortage.

Wireless charging.
          Key card access and hence also mobile phone digital key access.

If anyone knows someone who wants an m40i, I have one for sale. ;)

Ian J

G29 Market watch

Post by Ian J » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:12 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:09 am
          I hadn’t heard the rumour they were ceasing production early.
          I would be surprised if that were the case as it hasn't been in production long and it isn't actually built by BMW anyway but by Magna Steyr in Austria alongside the Toyota Supra which shares the same floorpan

craig3.2
          Lifer
          Lifer

G29 Market watch

Post by craig3.2 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:52 am

Interesting reading.
          Second hand values a rather market are strong,as mentioned, so why not cash in,for those thinking of selling soon anyway.
          Especially if you can make a few grand after whats left to pay on the car,makes sense.

I don't reckon production will end early,due to contracts with magna styr,but who knows.
          More so,it nasbeen muted since before launch even,that this could be the last ever z4 bmw make....although the same was rumoured about the enabling the last z4/bmw sports carin this segment.
          Guess we just have to wait a see if that's true re the g29,or just good marketing lol
          Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
          Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Zed Baron

G29 Market watch

Post by Zed Baron » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:05 pm

If you have the cash there's a M40i (19 plate 6,500 miles in grey) going through BCA Glasgow tomorrow
          Attachments
          M40i.jpg
          M40i.jpg (93.92 KiB) Viewed 300 times

Argyll Andy
          Lifer
          Lifer

G29 Market watch

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:57 pm

Zed Baron wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:05 pm If you have the cash there's a M40i (19 plate 6,500 miles in grey) going through BCA Glasgow tomorrow
          Be interesting to see what that makes, but………….. it’s got a cognac interior :fuelfire: :lol: