Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Pistonheads review vs Boxster GTS

Discussing the current generation Z4
mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:07 am

Should have been compared to a similarly priced Boxster S, but they only had access to a GTS (at a standard £14k extra or £23k extra as tested)...so no prizes for guessing what won.

https://www.pistonheads.com/features/ph ... -gts/40039

Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:07 pm

As I was telling the sales chaps at the launch I wanted the new Zed to be close enough to the Boxster that it didn’t matter, so saving a fair chunk, but alas it wasn’t to be, not even close, in fact so far apart the Zed wasn’t even a consideration no matter how hard I tried to like it. I agree with the review about the Boxy’s interior, it’s nice, nothing more, the seats with the 18 way adjustables added are far superior though and sit you in a cocoon with a pretty perfect driving position. It’s agility, light feel, steering feel, and sheer dynamics trounce the Zed imho even as good as the Zed chassis is.

More money, a lot more infact but when you drive it it makes perfect sense.....if spending that much can ever make sense...... :oops: :lol:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29