Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sat Nav issue

Discussing the current generation Z4
dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Sat Nav issue

Post by dr_john » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:36 pm

NewZdriver wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:20 pm
dr_john wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:11 pm
NewZdriver wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:01 pm Hi all

Just taken delivery of a new G29 Z4 2.0i sport which I have to say is cosmically better than my old e89. However, I’m getting a problem with the satnav which keeps cutting in and out and saying that it is ‘loading content.'

It’s booked back in to the dealer this Friday but I just wondered if anyone knew what might be causing this?

Cheers in advance!
Hmm, I'm getting the same model, arrives mid-May.

I'll look out for the satnav problem although hopefully you will have solved it by then. It does sound like it's loading map data from the hard drive. The E89's had a mechanical hard drive, maybe the new one has SSD in which case it should many times faster.

I had 2 E89's with satnav and never had any any problems.
The dealer rebooted the idrive which seems to have sorted it but they also noted there was a fault with a sensor (the name escapes me) which provides speed limit info onto the main instrument panel and the thought was this is linked to the satnav which makes sense I guess. That is on order from Germany and will be replaced when it arrives. No real issue since the reboot though fingers crossed!

You’ll love the car btw! It’s immense!!
Yeah, counting off the days to the new zed. I had a test drive in a new Msport 2.0, great feel to it but the ride a little hard as one would expect with Msport suspension. I also find the Msport body styling a little exaggerated and prefer the more subtle lines of the Sport model.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack