Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

...and for that reason, I’m out!

Discussing the current generation Z4
Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:57 am

Pbondar wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:23 pm People complain about 4 pot engines exhaust note...wait till it’s all powered by a few electrons and the entire exhaust note is a polyphonic keyboard of pre recorded mp3 old 6 pot noises...
This made me sad :cry:
Especially given when crossing the road the other day one of them (electric "car") passed me and I thought I had developed tinnitus :sick2:

Very good write up Peter and I broadly agree, the looks are uninspired, different not through a passion of design but for the sake of being different, to tick a box on a corporate checklist.

It does worry me though that the G29 will be a commercial failure and that means we wont get a new Z4 in the future, maybe with a facelift they can correct at least a few of the many wrongs the car has and that will reduce the noise around the car and let the dynamics of it speak for itself.

Time will tell...
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

F11 JFM

Post by F11 JFM » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:48 am

I'm not a fan either. I was hoping they'd be a bit easier on the eye, so that in 5-10 years, I could possibly own one. However, the looks are too Mercedes for me, and I really don't like the soft top on it. In my opinion, soft tops work when the car is small enough where it doesn't look like an after thought. Think Boxster, E85, S2000, MX5 etc. This thing looks huge, so the rest of the car dwarfs the roof and makes it look like it was thrown on last minute. It needs a folding hard top. But it also needs a complete facelift before the hard top, as the cheese grater on the front and the big gurning grin below it needs to go. And bin the huge screen from the interior and keep it simple. But then I guess every car these days has a big daft screen that monitors everything you're not really interested in once you've gotten over the novelty phase.
-2007 Phoenix Yellow 2.0i Sport
-2001 Fern Green 330ci Sport

Apparently I like my “oddly coloured” BMW’s...

Papa_Zee

Post by Papa_Zee » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:11 pm

Oh wait, wait....

BMW confirms future M cars will be powered by Toyota

https://igsupercars.com/bmw-m-cars-swit ... ota-power/
:thumbsdown: :scratchhead:
E89 35is

Zeld4

Post by Zeld4 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:59 pm

Papa_Zee wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:11 pm Oh wait, wait....

I think if you look at the date of that press release it was the first of April, and relax

Papa_Zee

Post by Papa_Zee » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:16 pm

Zeld4 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:59 pm
Papa_Zee wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:11 pm Oh wait, wait....

I think if you look at the date of that press release it was the first of April, and relax
Aaahhhhh, I feel better, Doctor Phil. Thank you :icb:
E89 35is