Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

G29 vs Supra Residual Values

Discussing the current generation Z4
Paulwirral

Post by Paulwirral » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:26 pm

Angelus666 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:14 am I think looking at the SLC 43 is a good bench mark for the M40i...that’s a £53k car new that you can now buy at £30k after 12 months and 5k miles.
I bought an slc 43 amg two years ago , the discounts are great and mine was neck end of 10k cheaper than that , and take no notice of the reviews, it's a great little car that does everything very well at a bargain price , I was going to buy a boxster s but similar spec added up to just less than 60k
6 pot engine up front with a great noise , lsd std , turn off completely traction control , over 350bhp , remind you of anything ? And I can confirm it's equally as fast and handles just about as well !!!! I've driven both by the way :D
As for residuals, wait few months and see what happens with brexit , if it actually does happen , I've held off buying anything for ages as personally I can see the bubble bursting and some of us mere mortals actually being able to afford dream classic , gt3 or similar . Paying a premium for an ugly Toyota is madness , there's got to be a price correction coming soon ? The older amongst us have seen this happen before. , with cars and houses .

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:35 pm

Paulwirral wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:26 pm
Angelus666 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:14 am I think looking at the SLC 43 is a good bench mark for the M40i...that’s a £53k car new that you can now buy at £30k after 12 months and 5k miles.
I bought an slc 43 amg two years ago , the discounts are great and mine was neck end of 10k cheaper than that , and take no notice of the reviews, it's a great little car that does everything very well at a bargain price , I was going to buy a boxster s but similar spec added up to just less than 60k
6 pot engine up front with a great noise , lsd std , turn off completely traction control , over 350bhp , remind you of anything ? And I can confirm it's equally as fast and handles just about as well !!!! I've driven both by the way :D
As for residuals, wait few months and see what happens with brexit , if it actually does happen , I've held off buying anything for ages as personally I can see the bubble bursting and some of us mere mortals actually being able to afford dream classic , gt3 or similar . Paying a premium for an ugly Toyota is madness , there's got to be a price correction coming soon ? The older amongst us have seen this happen before. , with cars and houses .
Much sense there Paul , its not just the brexit fiasco (although this must be affecting current values of high value used cars ) the whole VED caper payable on new cars both initially & for the following years along with the hooha over petrol / diesel /hybrid /electric being the way forward is making for a very unpredictable marketplace .
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Paulwirral

Post by Paulwirral » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:43 pm

mr wilks wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:35 pm
Paulwirral wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:26 pm

Much sense there Paul , its not just the brexit fiasco (although this must be affecting current values of high value used cars ) the whole VED caper payable on new cars both initially & for the following years along with the hooha over petrol / diesel /hybrid /electric being the way forward is making for a very unpredictable marketplace .
Exactly , I think nows the time to stand back and wait to see what happens . I sold the house in france September 2016 after all that work and considered buying something tasty , but a mate around the corner from me sold his gt3rs for the thick end of 70k profit , he never drove it as far as its second service and granted he made a lot of money , but to be honest , he wouldn't have really missed it if it hadn't have come to him and he'd have enjoyed the car as the maker intended . I invited him to join us on our annual ring trip but he couldn't, wouldn't, put the miles on the car , I used to walk the dog past his house every day twice a day past his gt3rs , I never called in as his diesel merc wasn't outside so he was obviously out .
If everyone stood back and didn't buy for 12 months prices would soon come down to sensible levels , cars have now gone the same route as property , not many live in a house that suits them these days , it's all about the resale to the next person , and I'm guilty myself after being in that trade all my life . But it's the same with cars , buying to speculate then never drive it , take the profit and maybe buy another car to never drive or pump it into a house with rooms you'll never use .
What was that saying again? We're here for a good time , not a long time :D