Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New BMW Build Configurator online today

Discussing the current generation Z4
Jim S

Post by Jim S » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:00 pm

J400uk wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:51 pm I can’t seem to configure mine anymore! I ordered a Black Sapphire M40i with Ivory White leather, but the configurator doesn’t appear to offer that. Hope it still turns up with the correct spec come March... :)
I contacted BMW UK about the problems and here is their reply:-

"hello Jim

Thank you for contacting us about the online configurator.

Unfortunately we are experiencing technical difficulties with our online configurator at the moment and we are working on getting the issue resolved. The configurator is in live transmission, so it is updating while it is live as there are still functions that are working normally, this is to keep the configurator running instead of taking it down and fixing it. This should be back to normal very soon for you to configure your perfect BMW.

I hope this has been helpful and if there is anything else I can help you with, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind regards

Reece

BMW Group UK
Reece Wood
Customer Support Executive"

J400uk

Post by J400uk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:44 pm

Thanks for following up! Yes I was wondering whether it's a configurator error as seemed a bit random.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:26 pm

Problems still not resolved on the build site. :roll:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Jim S

Post by Jim S » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:55 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:26 pm Problems still not resolved on the build site. :roll:
Yes John the problems have not yet been fixed. I contacted BMW Customer Services regarding this issue about a month ago and posted their response. I’m afraid they have only paid lip service to my request to have the problem resolved.

I have contacted BMW Customer Services with requests for information and to resolve issues with their online system several times over the past 6 months or so and I have found them to be extremely unhelpful. Not a very good advert for BMW.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:37 pm

Jim S wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:55 pm
john-e89 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:26 pm Problems still not resolved on the build site. :roll:
Yes John the problems have not yet been fixed. I contacted BMW Customer Services regarding this issue about a month ago and posted their response. I’m afraid they have only paid lip service to my request to have the problem resolved.

I have contacted BMW Customer Services with requests for information and to resolve issues with their online system several times over the past 6 months or so and I have found them to be extremely unhelpful. Not a very good advert for BMW.
Nope not good at all is it Jim, you would think this would be top of their glitch list, especially when it shouldn’t take a competent web designer very long to resolve. Seems like some of their dealerships, too big for their own boots with a ‘who cares’ attitude. :x
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:43 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:37 pm

Nope not good at all is it Jim, you would think this would be top of their glitch list, especially when it shouldn’t take a competent web designer very long to resolve. Seems like some of their dealerships, too big for their own boots with a ‘who cares’ attitude. :x
Maybe the IT guy wants to run a diagnostic on the system first before fixing it even though they know whats wrong and BMW don't want to pay for it. :lol:
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Jim S

Post by Jim S » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:03 pm

Nictrix wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:43 pm
john-e89 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:37 pm

Maybe the IT guy wants to run a diagnostic on the system first before fixing it even though they know whats wrong and BMW don't want to pay for it. :lol:
Apart from their brand new online configurator not working, my local dealer has next to no information on the new Z4 G29 and can only refer me to BMW Customer Services. Unfortunately, I find them a total waste of time as they are never able to provide answers to my questions or deal with any issues regarding their front end web site. I just hope someone at BMW reads these posts.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:41 pm

I rang my local stealers roughly 2 months before Xmas to enquire about demo cars coming in etc, the kid, well he sounded like one of those can’t be bothered 10 yr olds anyway, on the other end said there are only 450 being made so it’s highly unlikely they’ll get one as a demo. So I said are you telling me BMW have set up a production run as well as sharing costs and R&D with Toyota for 450 cars only..? Yes buddy....grrrrrrr....don’t call me buddy you little s**t...So I told him he was talking about the first run frozen orange cars and that full production was taking off around mid to end of March.....Oh......errrr....yes that’s right.... :x

Makes you weep..... :lol:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

philbo909

Post by philbo909 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:23 am

john-e89 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:41 pm I rang my local stealers roughly 2 months before Xmas to enquire about demo cars coming in etc, the kid, well he sounded like one of those can’t be bothered 10 yr olds anyway, on the other end said there are only 450 being made so it’s highly unlikely they’ll get one as a demo. So I said are you telling me BMW have set up a production run as well as sharing costs and R&D with Toyota for 450 cars only..? Yes buddy....grrrrrrr....don’t call me buddy you little s**t...So I told him he was talking about the first run frozen orange cars and that full production was taking off around mid to end of March.....Oh......errrr....yes that’s right.... :x

Still upset about him calling you buddy? You snowflake :poke:
:D
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:54 pm

philbo909 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:23 am
john-e89 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:41 pm I rang my local stealers roughly 2 months before Xmas to enquire about demo cars coming in etc, the kid, well he sounded like one of those can’t be bothered 10 yr olds anyway, on the other end said there are only 450 being made so it’s highly unlikely they’ll get one as a demo. So I said are you telling me BMW have set up a production run as well as sharing costs and R&D with Toyota for 450 cars only..? Yes buddy....grrrrrrr....don’t call me buddy you little s**t...So I told him he was talking about the first run frozen orange cars and that full production was taking off around mid to end of March.....Oh......errrr....yes that’s right.... :x

Absolutely....why wouldn’t I be.....?? You don’t call a lady ‘buddy’....look at my face just after the phone call....sooo angry..... :x
Attachments
0C0C0804-A1E1-40CF-8A6F-A1998E20B1EB.jpeg
0C0C0804-A1E1-40CF-8A6F-A1998E20B1EB.jpeg (47.75 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

Jim S

Post by Jim S » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:38 pm

I contacted the BMW Press Office at Farnborough today to ask how many Z4 G29 models were destined for the UK this year and the following is the reply that I received. Not very helpful yet again:-

“Hi Jim,

I'm afraid we can't provide that sort of information, apologies. If you have any further queries, please contact our customer services team: [email protected]

Thanks,
Lauren

BMW Group UK
Lauren Prema
Media Relations Executive
Summit One
Summit Avenue
Farnborough
Hampshire
GU14 0FB
Mob: +44 (0) 7815 370746
Email: [email protected]
www.bmwgroup.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BMWGroup

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:42 pm

Jim S wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:38 pm

I contacted the BMW Press Office at Farnborough today to ask how many Z4 G29 models were destined for the UK this year and the following is the reply that I received. Not very helpful yet again:-

“Hi Jim,

I'm afraid we can't provide that sort of information, apologies. If you have any further queries, please contact our customer services team: [email protected]

Thanks,
Lauren

BMW Group UK
Lauren Prema
Media Relations Executive
Summit One
Summit Avenue
Farnborough
Hampshire
GU14 0FB
Mob: +44 (0) 7815 370746
Email: [email protected]
www.bmwgroup.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BMWGroup
That’s normal though Jim, until there are 2nd hand ones for sale all new cars will be built to order so they can’t say how many unless I’m mistaken. BMW have said they expect to sell approx 2400 units in the first year but that’s a prediction.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

Jim S

Post by Jim S » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:02 pm

Yes, I read somewhere that the UK sales target for the G29 in the first year is between 2000 and 2500 units. I don’t understand why the Press Office can’t give an estimate of projected numbers but instead direct me to Customer Services, whom I have found to be extremely unhelpful in the past :headbang:

J400uk

Post by J400uk » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:51 pm

Still can't configure the Z4 I've got on order using the configurator lol :oops:

Jim S

Post by Jim S » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:23 pm

:headbang:
J400uk wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:51 pm Still can't configure the Z4 I've got on order using the configurator lol :oops:
I have tried to get BMW Customer Services to do something about getting this problem fixed. I posted their response earlier. Not much more we can do, other than wait until they get around to fixing the problem. Unless you want to have a go at them. :headbang: