Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Topgear say new Z4 looks crap

Discussing the current generation Z4
Zeld4

Post by Zeld4 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:45 pm

weegeoff wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:38 pm Zeld4 Could you please show me where on top gear it says the car is crap. It does say The Z4 has made a big step ahead. Mind you it kept, and improved, the best bit, And it also says this. The Z4 has changed. It’s become sportier – the old one, with its folding hardtop and cuddly dynamics, took aim mostly at the Mercedes SLK (now SLC). The new one has a fabric top, dropping the weight measurement and centre of gravity. It’s evidently having a pop at the Porsche 718, itself in a vulnerable position since the much-lamented departure of that old flat six
Ah yes, sporty. Hello internet, the ’Ring time is comfortably under eight minutes. The Z4’s physical dimensions are good for hot laps. The wheelbase is shorter than before by a huge 20cm, for agility. The track is much wider, for grip. The body is a whole lot stiffer than the old Z4’s, and it’s light.
If you don't like the front it says this. At the other end of the car, the jutting jowls are designed to help capture airflow and usher it past the wheels. If you don’t like it, well, lower-spec Z4s have a slimmer front bumper, and it gives 7/10
I don't think you even looked at what top gear said. You just don't like the car, I think you are an Audi driver and just jealous of us BMW drivers
I never said Topgear said it was a crap car, I said they said it looked crap.

Whatever the reasons, a measure of gawkiness afflicts the proportions of this coachwork. TopGear.com’s comments section was very unkind about it when we first showed it to you. Seeing it in the metal doesn’t help. Shame. You want it to be handsome. Because more than any other kind of car, a roof-down roadster is an item of clothing.

That’s what they said, ok they didn’t actually say crap because that would be rubbish journalism and unprofessional, but it’s hardly a glowing report of the way it looks.

Ghostrider.1127

Post by Ghostrider.1127 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:46 am

TopGear does not exist anymore , :rofl: .
So who care? :fuelfire:

Player 1

Post by Player 1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:36 am

I like how a big deal's been made of the 'special aluminium subframe' for the front suspension. Not so long ago that was the norm for BMW (including on the E89) until the accountants got involved...

weegeoff

Post by weegeoff » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Zeld4 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:45 pm
weegeoff wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:38 pm Zeld4 Could you please show me where on top gear it says the car is crap. It does say The Z4 has made a big step ahead. Mind you it kept, and improved, the best bit, And it also says this. The Z4 has changed. It’s become sportier – the old one, with its folding hardtop and cuddly dynamics, took aim mostly at the Mercedes SLK (now SLC). The new one has a fabric top, dropping the weight measurement and centre of gravity. It’s evidently having a pop at the Porsche 718, itself in a vulnerable position since the much-lamented departure of that old flat six
Ah yes, sporty. Hello internet, the ’Ring time is comfortably under eight minutes. The Z4’s physical dimensions are good for hot laps. The wheelbase is shorter than before by a huge 20cm, for agility. The track is much wider, for grip. The body is a whole lot stiffer than the old Z4’s, and it’s light.
If you don't like the front it says this. At the other end of the car, the jutting jowls are designed to help capture airflow and usher it past the wheels. If you don’t like it, well, lower-spec Z4s have a slimmer front bumper, and it gives 7/10
I don't think you even looked at what top gear said. You just don't like the car, I think you are an Audi driver and just jealous of us BMW drivers

Whatever the reasons, a measure of gawkiness afflicts the proportions of this coachwork. TopGear.com’s comments section was very unkind about it when we first showed it to you. Seeing it in the metal doesn’t help. Shame. You want it to be handsome. Because more than any other kind of car, a roof-down roadster is an item of clothing.

That’s what they said, ok they didn’t actually say crap because that would be rubbish journalism and unprofessional, but it’s hardly a glowing report of the way it looks.
YOU DID HERE IS YOUR HEADING Topgear say new Z4 looks crap

synthedup

Post by synthedup » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:27 pm

weegeoff wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:23 pm
Zeld4 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:45 pm

He said that Top Gear said it LOOKS CRAP...NOT A CRAP CAR....

weegeoff

Post by weegeoff » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:28 pm

Topgear said The Z4 has made a big step ahead. Mind you it kept, and improved, the best bit. The only person to write CRAP is Zeld4
No one said it looks crap

unknownz4

Post by unknownz4 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:46 pm

I wasn't a huge fan when it came out, but now with time I have grown to really enjoy it.

Zeld4

Post by Zeld4 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:34 pm

synthedup wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:27 pm
weegeoff wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:23 pm
Zeld4 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:45 pm I never said Topgear said it was a crap car, I said they said it looked crap.

He said that Top Gear said it LOOKS CRAP...NOT A CRAP CAR....
Yes I thought what I said was pretty simple to understand too, but some people seem to be misinterpreting what I am saying or being slightly too literal about it. But any way, thanks for putting it straight, even though somebody still doesn’t seem to understand :lol:

Ghostrider.1127

Post by Ghostrider.1127 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:28 am

Ghostrider.1127 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:46 am TopGear does not exist anymore , :rofl: .
As someone , may missed my previous comment... :rofl:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:28 pm

Ghostrider.1127 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:28 am
Ghostrider.1127 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:46 am TopGear does not exist anymore , :rofl: .
Maybe it was just ignored instead cause you are wrong :lol:
Its still going and they still have a website, probably a magazine as well.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:53 pm

The car still doesn't look any better though :poke:
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Ghostrider.1127

Post by Ghostrider.1127 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:27 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:28 pm
Ghostrider.1127 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:28 am
Maybe it was just ignored instead cause you are wrong :lol:
Its still going and they still have a website, probably a magazine as well.
In my opinion TopGear died when Clarkson , Hammond and May went away.
As before that time they even earn the record "most widely watched factual television program in the world".
After them the death :D

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:07 am

I have to admit I'm not impressed, I did like the concept car though I just think they've moved too far away from that and made it a bit too soft and fussy. I dont know why but I keep thinking its a big Fiat 124.
I am going to wait to I see them in the flesh to make a final judgement though, as is often the way cars look better in the flesh. Have to say if I was spending £50k on a roadster on looks alone at the moment it would have to be the Boxster, so much better looking than this or the Jag F Type.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Zee4Coop

Post by Zee4Coop » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:24 pm

Haven't seen one in the metal yet. But if TG say it looks crap that's good enough for me....... to like it.......
Current: Z4 Coupe 2008 Stratus Grey, cream leather, piano black dash.
Toyota C-HR Hybrid
Gone but not forgotten:- Cooper S - electric blue, black leather, split rims
330d Coupe Black Sapphire red leather

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:40 pm

So what TG actually said was the new Z4 was good, but it looked crap. Ironic since the new Top Gear looks good, but is crap! :-D
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost