Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Finally seen one in person in the UK!!

Discussing the current generation Z4
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:59 pm

Saw a black M40i today heading Northbound on the A3 between Burpham and Ripley - reg was RJ19 ***.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

skelters

Post by skelters » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:03 am

Black one spotted this morning heading towards Port Glasgow. Roof down and windows down for that complete w***er look.

The pictures don't do this car justice.

It is, if that's even possible, even uglier in real life than anyone could have imagined.

Burn it with fire!

Should have bought a Peugeot.

:rofl:
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:06 am

skelters wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:03 am Black one spotted this morning heading towards Port Glasgow. Roof down and windows down for that complete w***er look.

It is, if that's even possible, even uglier in real life than anyone could have imagined.

Burn it with fire!

Enough of this prevaricating around the bush!

do you like it or not? :D
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

skelters

Post by skelters » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:41 am

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:06 am
skelters wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:03 am Black one spotted this morning heading towards Port Glasgow. Roof down and windows down for that complete w***er look.

Burn it with fire!

Let me be clear, I'm obviously undecided! :rofl:
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:07 pm

skelters wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:41 am

Burn it with fire!

Nah he’s like a schoolboy saying he hates a girl in class when secretly he’s longing for her like a sick love struck puppy dawg Enuff......

He’d have one in a heartbeat if he lived in England where no one can laugh at him.... :poke: :wink:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:27 pm

Its amazing how polarising peoples opinions are... Reminds me of when the E89 was introduced...

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:59 pm

tomscott wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:27 pm Its amazing how polarising peoples opinions are... Reminds me of when the E89 was introduced...
Canned after 6/7 yrs the 89 wasn't a mega hit for Bmw (under 400 35is sold in UK) other than whacking out LCi 4pots on cheap finance packages to fudge the numbers :oops: & all models were approx 20/25% cheaper than equivalent G29

Questionable design at fair money = chance of sales

Fantastic design at high price = chance of sales

Questionable design at high price = commercial suicide

Thats how I see it :?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:04 pm

tomscott wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:27 pm Its amazing how polarising peoples opinions are... Reminds me of when the E89 was introduced...
There's a horse for every course.
I always hankered after a roadster but it wasn't viable until a couple of years ago.
Then I started looking and realised that, for me, the E89 looked the nicest. I like the lines of the roof, even though i'd prefer to keep it down.
I never really looked at an E85 until after I got my E89.
I do like them but wouldn't swap.

And for me, the 4-pot is ideal. But I would admit to preferring the noise of a straight 6.

So maybe the G29 is competing against E85 owners because it is so big and against E89 owners because the lines look so different?
Just guessing.

But I'd rather be polarised than picking up splinters on the fence.

Having said that, I would possibly be prepared to try a G29 if the price was more attainable.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:09 pm

A fixed-roof, S65-powered E89M would have been sensational. I wish BMW had the balls (and lack of sense) to have made one.

2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:14 pm

They are expensive but so are all the rest in the category. 53k gets you everything you can tick on the list and a 6 cyl. The Box/Cay pricing quickly gets out of hand when specing similar and you get the 4 pot. Regardless of how good the car is 50+k for a 4 pot is still a kick in the teeth.

It is a questionable decision all round but I think it makes sense with the trajectory of BMW they are making cars for every niche but the cars don't appeal to niche buyers. These niche cars are average and don't suit the niche they fill.

Polarising because most seem to love or hate it nobody really on the fence.

With inflation a 2006 £43k Z4M would be £61k today. Like now very few people paid full MSRP for Z4Ms back then either because they were also slated but now they are hailed :bow: I doubt many will pay MSRP for these either.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out but I've not seen many, 2-3 on the road.

As a car I think the new Z4 is an interesting proposition. Its comfy, quick, looks are personal preference and with the flick of a button can be more potent. As a daily it sounds pretty good, as a weekender not so much. As far as reviews similar to the E89 the 3 series is a similar size and they drive so similarly why bother...

At the end of the day 50k gets you a high spec new 330i... literally just built one online... and thats a 4 pot too!! The 335/340/345 what ever it is isn't available to spec yet. A lot of money but all new cars seem to be these days.

Same with the Porsche 991... although in sport plus it is an absolute animal but in normal mode really quite sedate with 35+ mpg on the motorway.
Last edited by tomscott on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:15 pm

MrPT wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:09 pm A fixed-roof, S65-powered E89M would have been sensational. I wish BMW had the balls (and lack of sense) to have made one.

Completely agree its a travesty that the S65 only went into one car! The S54 was well used throughout the range!

skelters

Post by skelters » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:23 pm

john-e89 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:07 pm
skelters wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:41 am

Nah he’s like a schoolboy saying he hates a girl in class when secretly he’s longing for her like a sick love struck puppy dawg Enuff......

He’d have one in a heartbeat if he lived in England where no one can laugh at him.... :poke: :wink:
Is laughing now outlawed in England? When will the last outpost of the empire find out about this? Has anyone told benefits Brenda of Windsor? If I lived in Engerrrluuuund I'd be selling everything off to get out before the police state and re-education camps come in under Doris and Tory extremists but that's a different conversation. Work Makes You Free remember! :fuelfire:

Will need to see one of these Zupra Convertibles up close but like the E89 it's fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Might be the greatest BMW / Toyota ever made but it's just so, so, so, what's the phrase?....

It's so f***ING ugly that Les Dawson, if he'd lived, would be giving up on the mother-in-law jokes and be making jokes about how this car looks!

Over the years I've certainly seen more women driving the E89 than men driving the E89. Some of these women may or may not identify as being men though. Some of these men probably identify as women too. That can be the only explanation as to why they'd buy the E89! :rofl:

Will see what the early facelift will look like as the whole offspring of a drunken night between a Fiat 124 a Mercedes and Ann Widdecombe is doing nothing for it.

Would I buy one? No.
Will I ever be tempted to buy one? Probably not.
Would I buy an E89 as the prices drop faster than a Love Island contestants knickers? No.

Still on the fence! :rofl:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:57 pm

Well, Skelters, all I can say to your last is that I'm glad you will not be sullying the reputation of us cross-dressing weekend drivers by slipping into something more comfortable in the shape of an E89.

Quite happy with 'wind up my skirt' motoring on a quiet Sunday morning thank you :D :poke:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:20 pm

skelters wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:23 pm
skelters wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:41 am Let me be clear, I'm obviously undecided! :rofl:

Is laughing now outlawed in England? When will the last outpost of the empire find out about this? Has anyone told benefits Brenda of Windsor? If I lived in Engerrrluuuund I'd be selling everything off to get out before the police state and re-education camps come in under Doris and Tory extremists but that's a different conversation. Work Makes You Free remember! :fuelfire:

Will need to see one of these Zupra Convertibles up close but like the E89 it's fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Might be the greatest BMW / Toyota ever made but it's just so, so, so, what's the phrase?....

It's so f***ING ugly that Les Dawson, if he'd lived, would be giving up on the mother-in-law jokes and be making jokes about how this car looks!

Over the years I've certainly seen more women driving the E89 than men driving the E89. Some of these women may or may not identify as being men though. Some of these men probably identify as women too. That can be the only explanation as to why they'd buy the E89! :rofl:

Will see what the early facelift will look like as the whole offspring of a drunken night between a Fiat 124 a Mercedes and Ann Widdecombe is doing nothing for it.

Would I buy one? No.
Would I buy an E89 as the prices drop faster than a Love Island contestants knickers? No.

I’ll get back to you after I’ve made me dinner old lad.... :thumbsup:
Attachments
A72B066F-25CB-45EF-AF6E-467F9DF53B84.jpeg
A72B066F-25CB-45EF-AF6E-467F9DF53B84.jpeg (270.91 KiB) Viewed 2357 times
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

oldgitdave

Post by oldgitdave » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:10 pm

john-e89 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:20 pm
skelters wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:23 pm

Would I buy one? No.

I’ll get back to you after I’ve made me dinner old lad.... :thumbsup:
A72B066F-25CB-45EF-AF6E-467F9DF53B84.jpeg
A72B066F-25CB-45EF-AF6E-467F9DF53B84.jpeg (155.76 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
Trust you John... :poke: . Pass the mind bleach someone :sick:
Zedless :(