Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Evo Driven New Z4

Discussing the current generation Z4
buzyg
Legend
Legend

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by buzyg » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:07 pm

Just finished reading Evo Driven on the new Z4. I will avoid commenting until others have had a chance to read it themselves.

Doddsy

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by Doddsy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:46 pm

I’ll have to have a read. Not that I can afford/justify buying one just yet though
Now: Z4MC Titan Silver
Gone: E86 3.0Si Sport Titan Silver - M exhaust + bumper - Battery Relocated - Aero Front
E86 3.0Si Sport Silver Grey - Carbon Diffuser - Aero Kit - B/Box Mod - Storm MW V2
E85 2.5 Si Sport Titan Silver

Zeld4

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by Zeld4 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:54 pm

buzyg wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:07 pm Just finished reading Evo Driven on the new Z4. I will avoid commenting until others have had a chance to read it themselves.
You can comment now, I’ve had a read :)

Brasseye

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by Brasseye » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:16 pm

Looks interesting.
Do wonder if the weight has gone down with the soft roof now.
Shame the twin clutch box has gone but the zf is very good for a single.

warmasice

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by warmasice » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:17 pm

Brasseye wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:16 pm Looks interesting.
Do wonder if the weight has gone down with the soft roof now.
Shame the twin clutch box has gone but the zf is very good for a single.
Not really. With all that talk about weight saving with the soft-top, the weight is barely any different to the E89 with its tin-top:

G29: 1,405–1,535 kg

E89: 1,420–1,525 kg

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by buzyg » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:37 pm

Zeld4 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:54 pm
buzyg wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:07 pm Just finished reading Evo Driven on the new Z4. I will avoid commenting until others have had a chance to read it themselves.
Basically I was disappointed. Apart from the front grill, I like the look of the car. So I was really hoping it would be a proper affordableish, open top drivers car, for tall folk. Acording to Evo who I tend to agree with on most thing driving, seems it is not. :( Well not yet. :wink: Looking forward to chatting with the new owners as a few filter on to the forum. :thumbsup:

Zeld4

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by Zeld4 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:04 pm

buzyg wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:37 pm
Basically I was disappointed. Apart from the front grill, I like the look of the car. So I was really hoping it would be a proper affordableish, open top drivers car, for tall folk. Acording to Evo who I tend to agree with on most thing driving, seems it is not. :( Well not yet. :wink: Looking forward to chatting with the new owners as a few filter on to the forum. :thumbsup:
Yes it is a slight disappointed. On the other hand, CAR magazine describe it as having a remarkable chassis when they review it against a 718 ‘non’ S, and say it’s a good alternative if you can handle its ‘extrovert’ looks. Extrovert is as kind as you can be about the looks as far as I am concerned.

As capable as it may be e in M40i guise, it’s surley a disappointment when there is no manual box or coupe option. For a company that offers so many variations of cars, X 2’s, 4’s and 6’s, GT models for those who want more space but not a MPV and then X 1’s, 3’s and 5’s, not to offer a manual box in sports car seems ludicrous. And after talking about bringing the weight down, it’s still 1500kg plus car.

CAR magazine also has a section on the new Supra too, not sure if the pictures are genuine or computer generated but it’s rear haunches and sleek front end give it a fantastic stance. Something the Z4 is seriously lacking in my opinion.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by buzyg » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:26 pm

Zeld4 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:04 pm
buzyg wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:37 pm
Yes it is a slight disappointed. On the other hand, CAR magazine describe it as having a remarkable chassis when they review it against a 718 ‘non’ S, and say it’s a good alternative if you can handle its ‘extrovert’ looks. Extrovert is as kind as you can be about the looks as far as I am concerned.

As capable as it may be e in M40i guise, it’s surley a disappointment when there is no manual box or coupe option. For a company that offers so many variations of cars, X 2’s, 4’s and 6’s, GT models for those who want more space but not a MPV and then X 1’s, 3’s and 5’s, not to offer a manual box in sports car seems ludicrous. And after talking about bringing the weight down, it’s still 1500kg plus car.

CAR magazine also has a section on the new Supra too, not sure if the pictures are genuine or computer generated but it’s rear haunches and sleek front end give it a fantastic stance. Something the Z4 is seriously lacking in my opinion.
Supra will be Coupe only though so not for me. I drove an old one when I was thinking of selling my Fiat Coupe many years back. That felt like a slow old fashioned bus next to the Fiat, Whch I kept for another 4 years. Before finaly it goes up and I bought my Zed. :D

Darren M

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by Darren M » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:21 am

Saw the Supra intro video on the Toyota website and it's reminding me of the E86 Coupe! Looking very good so far. Hopefully they can keep the weight down a bit and the chassis is a goodun.
So far I don't like the look of the new Z4. Would take a Porsche Boxster out of the two I think. Looks more SLK again to me rather than sporty roadster. Will be good to see in the flesh.
Current 2011 X1 2.0d xDrive
2006 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos with Light Sepang interior - GONE 08/2012 - PY56 GH* - where now?
2006 Z4 Si Coupe - Montego blue - GONE approx 05/2009 - WJ56 YU* - where now?

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:37 pm

Shame - Evo didn't seem overly impressed either. Will be interesting to see what those on here who have placed orders think of them.

But as I've got an E86 I'm looking forward to seeing what the press think of the Supra once they've had a chance to drive one.

And I'm sure I read somewhere that Toyota are talking about making a manual one - lovely!

Now I've just got to work out which body parts I may need to sell...………. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by buzyg » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:23 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:37 pm Shame - Evo didn't seem overly impressed either. Will be interesting to see what those on here who have placed orders think of them.

But as I've got an E86 I'm looking forward to seeing what the press think of the Supra once they've had a chance to drive one.

And I'm sure I read somewhere that Toyota are talking about making a manual one - lovely!

Now I've just got to work out which body parts I may need to sell...………. :lol:
There's always the children. :evil: